main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Whispers in the Dark - EU/AU Mara, Obi, others - Action/Mystery *Epilogue 12/1*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arriss, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away a Saga was born. Arising from that emerged a different point of view and an alternate story. This is the continuation of that journey.

Although I've posted in BTS before, this is my first voyage as an author and I hope it is an enjoyable one. :)

My access to TFN is limited to evening hours only so that's when I'll be updating. I plan on at least 1 post a week, possibly 2. :)

[image=http://arriss.skywalkerjourney.com/misc/WITD1.jpg]

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with LFL nor am I profiting from this story in any way. I will be using a combination of Star Wars characters and my own creations.

Rating: PG

Summary: The timeline for this story begins approximately 1 year after the Alliance defeated the Empire and centers on the relationship of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Sakoya Jade and their inadvertent encounter with Mara Jade.

Cast: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Sakoya Jade (my OC), Mara Jade, the Skywalker family, among other characters from the Star Wars universe, in addition to outside characters of my creation.

** Italics denote a person?s silent thoughts or an emphasis on speech. Italics with a ?*? indicate mind to mind speaking. **

I would like to thank my beta, AnakinsLuv, as well as anakin_girl and PadmeLeiaJaina for their invaluable assistance. Thank you ladies!!!

In addition to the various references to my previous story, Alliance, I have also inserted a few excerpts to provide assistance to this story. For those interested in reading Alliance, the link is in the summary above as well as on my personal site.

I've taken the liberty of giving many, but not all, of the characters faces [of actors]. I've done this because it helps the reader visualize the character a little better. Here's the cast:

Regular SW characters (Obi, Bail, Anakin, Padmé, etc) are portrayed by their respective actors likeness in the SW Saga, to include Shannon McRandle as Mara Jade.

OC's:

Sakoya Jade = Dina Meyer (as in Starship Troopers)
    Xar'ek Tinsir = Val Kilmer (from his Top Gun days)
    Cela Sinatt = modeled after a few teenagers I know
    Reynard Sindre = Jeremy Irons
    Vaarn Nurgh = Yul Brenner (yes, an old but classic actor)
    Rheu Skeutrn = Dean Cain (from his Superman days)
    Garen Qeenet = Matt Damon
    Regan Sile = Tia Carrere (True Lies, Relic Hunter)
    Yurrn & Irgan Uyllt = (loosely based on Luis & Miguel Rico from Crocodile Dundee II)

Born into freedom only to be raised as a slave, Mara Jade ? also known as the Emperor?s Hand ? had done the bidding of her master, Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious for as long as she could remember. Now it was a time of turmoil and distrust for the young, fiery haired woman. Her mentor was dead and she not only felt lost but craved vengeance. However, such matters are not to be casually rushed into. They require planning and effort in order to succeed. Therefore, Mara integrated herself with Talon Karrde?s smuggling operation and ultimately found herself face to face with a past she never knew.

For Sakoya and Obi-Wan, turbulence soon assimilates itself into their new life together, shrouding itself in mystery and intrigue. The Jedi Trials never prepared them for this...

Lives become intertwined, albeit not willingly and survival depends on forgiveness ? or does it? Will revenge and hatred overcome acceptance and love? How far will one person go to save another soul? Can light overcome dark?

Within these pages you may?or may not?find the answers you seek.

And now,
    Whispers in the Dark?

Chapter I ? A Joining of Souls ? Part I

A thunderclap re

2. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    =D= A beautiful beginning. Well done.

Please add me to your PM list.

3. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Thank you, JediMaster_Jen. :D I'll add you to the list. :)

4. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh, beautiful beginning! I'm glad to see that you've started a sequel!

jazz

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yeah, you've started posting. Lovely ceremony - nothing bad happened.

6. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Thanks, Jazz. I'm glad you made it here. Keep reading and you'll be in for a ride. ;)

Yeah, you found me! No, nothing's happened...yet. [face_mischief] But the storm on their wedding day wasn't just by chance. ;) Opps, can't say any more.

I'll post the next chapter later today when I've finished my DRL commitments. That chapter introduces a particular EU character...

7. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    So, so good, my friend. :) I've been hoping for a sequel for ages, and now it's here. [face_dancing] Beautiful ceremony, with just the right amount of humor. But what else should I have expected from such a gifted author? Anyway, looks like we're off and running, and I'm looking forward to seeing where we go from here.

Well done, Master Jedi. ;) :D

JD.

8. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    *bows* Thank you very much, my friend. [:D] Keep reading, I think I may surprise you w/this story. [face_mischief]

As promised, here is the next installment.

Whispers in the Dark

Chapter II ? Introductions

In a galaxy far, far away? on a planet located in the wild regions of space, a piercing scream had ripped through the atmosphere at virtually the same time the Emperor had met his death.

It was a woman?s scream ? a woman with hair the color of fire and a disposition to match.

The woman?s given name was Mara Jade, although she was also known to a select few by another name ? one that induced fear into the hearts of many.

The Emperor?s Hand.

Those who dared cross her bore witness to her ?merciful? punishment, yet they never lived to recount the tale.

Yes, Emperor Palpatine was quite thorough in the training of this particular apprentice.

__________________________________*****__________________________________

Mara ran through the forest, sweating profusely, yet determined not to give up. She couldn?t recall how long she had been running nor did she care. She had disciplined herself to maintain a daily regime of exercises and nothing short of her collapsing would hinder that.

At long last she reached the waters edge and without hesitation, ran straight into it and dove in. Her muscular legs pushed her downward, farther and farther, until she saw a glint of gold. With a gleam in her eye, she swam toward the object and plucked it from the large rock then propelled herself toward the surface.

?Ha! Knew I?d find you!? she stated with a sneer then laughed. ?I threw you in just to test my resolve in fishing you back out.? Placing the gold necklace around her neck, she swam toward the shore and then walked out of the water. She sat down on a large rock, pulled her boots off and emptied the water out of them and then cast them aside. ?CELA!? she suddenly shouted while she gazed at her trinket.

Moments later, a figure came bursting through the trees and collapsed on the ground near Mara?s feet.

?I-I can?t keep up with you, M-Mara,? Cela panted, trying to catch her breath.

?You owe me a life debt, remember? Your life is mine until I indicate otherwise,? Mara snarled then changed her tone and sweetly added, ?Don?t I provide you clothing? Food? Shelter? Tsk, tsk, one would think you?re not grateful. Tell me that?s not true.?

Cela had learned to be mindful with what she said to this woman and chose her words with care. ?Yes, you are very kind to me. I am very grateful.?

?Good,? Mara purred. ?My boots are filthy, go clean them up and set out fresh attire for me.?

?Yes, Mara,? Cela answered rather subdued.

?Oh, and Cela,? Mara said, her tone even and dangerous, ?I suggest you learn to keep up with me.?

Cela shivered slightly and it had nothing to do with the cool wind that chilled her sweaty backside. ?Yes, Mistress Mara.? Cela picked up the boots and ran toward the ship, happy to be free for the moment.

?Little cad,? Mara mused as she toyed with the medallion on her necklace. ?All I have left from you is this,? she sighed. ?But not to worry, my mentor, I will avenge you.? Mara stood up and began the leisurely stroll toward her ship, the Conquest.

Cela Sinatt had been a slave for most of her life and now, at the tender age of sixteen, she wanted nothing more than to escape her current ?mistress?. Although the penalty if she were caught would be certain, unimaginable death and she wasn?t quite prepared to face such a demise ? not yet. She determined she would bide her time and somehow, something would enable her true freedom at last.

?Cela??

The silver haired girl nearly jumped out of her skin at the sound of Mara?s voice as she approached her from behind. There were times that the teenager considered the fact that Mara was part feline, what with the way she could contort her body and her silent, yet graceful, foots

9. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Yay!! =D= I've been waiting for Mara to show up.

Excellent intro for her character. Your characterization is right on.

Can't wait for more. :)

10. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Mara is in top Emperor's hand mode here. At least Cela is learning stuff that could be to her advantage in the future - to get away.

11. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Very sweet wedding scene! As for Mara Jade, she's even worse than at the beginning of Tim Zahn's books. A slave and everything? Sheesh!

--MissPadme

12. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    First thank you for the pm letting me know about the sequel and yes i would like to be put on the pm list. I read chapter 1 about the wedding this weekend and loved it. It was the perfect way to start off the story. I loved how you had Anakin set up the wedding area that was a wonderful gift to his former master etc. The wedding vows were beautiful also.

13. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Thank you very much. Although I know about Mara, I've never tried to write her. You'll have to let me know if I do her justice. :D

I hope so - I'm trying to write her as I've read in the Heir to the Empire series. Cela does learn from her 'mistress' and it becomes very useful.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding. I wanted it to be very special for them both. Mara's worse? LOL. Well, she did get Cela from her former master who quite possibly would have been much worse.

You're very welcome and I put you on the list. I'm glad you came to check it out. :D I really enojyed how the wedding came out and Anakin's 'gift' - I felt - was appropriate. Who better to call upon the forest than the 'Chosen One'? [face_love]

Next installment should be tomorrow so check back in the evening.

14. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Whispers in the Dark

Chapter III ? Arrival at Kuryn

Sakoya stepped off the stuffy transport and took a breath of fresh air. A week in a thing like that can dull anyone?s senses, she bitterly thought as she took one last glance at the massive ship. And the additional stopovers didn?t help much. I?m glad to be free of it. She shook her head and a mane of red hair whipped across her face.

?Time to find our accommodations,? she slyly suggested as she sauntered up to her husband.

?Oh, I see someone has a bit of an appetite.? Obi-Wan winked at his bride.

Sakoya wrapped her arms around her husband?s waist. ?Perhaps?? She winked. ?After that stuffy cabin we had on the transport I could use some fresh air?among other things.?

?Then let us delay no longer.? Obi-Wan smirked as his arms enveloped Sakoya in a tight embrace and whispered in her ear, ?The honeymoon suite awaits us, Mrs. Kenobi.?

Kuryn ? a paradise in itself and a frequent vacation area located on the planet of Nevus where beaches stretched up the coast and warm breezes and sunshine were plentiful. The nearby ocean stretched long past what the eye could see and beckoned visitors to its shore. Small shops were abundant in the small city; selling trinkets to take home as mementos, but one place that drew many to its doors was the gallery. Its display of art from all over the galaxy never ceased to fascinate passersby, which in turn, were brought into the shop to browse and usually leave with at least one piece ? if not more.

Not far from the heart of the town was an array of hotels, their exteriors all beautifully crafted with columns of stone from an age long since past or chiseled inlay. Each unique on its own and elegantly decorated interiors to match.

From the drop-off site of the transport, throngs of people with their own agendas milled around, waiting for transportation to their destinations. Among them, patiently waiting, were the newlyweds. Many smiled at Obi-Wan and Sakoya, for it was obvious the couple was very much in love and a few onlookers offered congratulations.

?Are we that apparent?? Obi-Wan asked in a low tone.

?It appears so, my love,? Sakoya replied, giggling.

Just as the Jedi Master was about to comment further, a series of open-air carriages ? drawn by hestans, the purest of white ? came strolling down the cobbled street. The long procession flowed past the assembled guests and gently came to a stop not far beyond the two Jedi.

?Aren?t they gorgeous?? Sakoya murmured as she walked up to the nearest animal and placed her hand on its muzzle, carefully avoiding the slightly curved twin horns protruding from its forehead. It craned its long, sleek neck toward her, adoring the attention. Smiling, she gingerly reached up and rubbed beneath the forelock of hair that rested in between its ears. The hestan shook its head slowly and Sakoya moved to its mane of hair, stroking the soft strands.

?Stunning animal,? Obi-Wan replied with a nod of his head. Glancing down, he took notice of the clawed feet, covered in long hair that matched the animal?s gleaming coat.

?Oh, these aren?t just animals,? Sakoya purred, ?they?re creatures of grace and intelligence. I remember riding when I was little?? She paused and continued to pet the hestan.

?I never have. Ridden that is.?

Sakoya turned around. ?Never?? she exclaimed.

?No,? he said with a shake of his head.

?That, my dear,? she smirked, ?is about to change.?

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes and groaned. ?Why do I have a bad feeling about this??

Obi-Wan held Sakoya?s hand as she stepped up into the carriage and sat down. He then stepped up and sat beside her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. Meanwhile, the driver of their chosen carriage disembarked and picked up the suitcases, placing them on the shelf behind the coach. Once they were securely attached, the driver took his seat and set the carriage into motion.

?Your destination, milord?? the driver

15. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Splendid! =D= Kuryn sounds like a true paradise.

You write so well the love between Obi and Sakoya.

Now I'm off to read that PM chapter. [face_dancing]

PM me when you update again. :)

16. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I think I'd like to book a room at that resort. :)

17. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Sorry I'm late! [face_blush]

Poor Cela! [face_worried] And it was great to see Talon included. :D :cool: His banter with Mara was superb. =D=

Looks like Obi-Wan and his bride are doing the honeymoon up the way one should - in style. Nice descriptions throughout the post, though given the post it follows, one has to be [face_worried] .

All in all, great chapters, Arriss. :)

JD.

18. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Thank you very much. :D I'm rather fond of this pairing. [face_love] You're right, Kuryn is a paradise. Wish I could hop on a plane and go. Hope you enjoyed the PM chapter. ;)

LOL. I wouldn't mind either. Hmm, how can I make a reservation. [face_thinking]

Ah, my friend, no apologies necessary. :D I'm glad you're keeping up. Thank you for you kind words. Worried? [face_devil] Yeah, you might say that. ;)

19. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    For those lurking, please feel free to post your comments. Feedback is always appreciated. :)

Now that the preliminaries are almost out of the way, from here on out this story begins to take on a life of its own. You may not know what?s around the corner. Enjoy. :)

Whispers in the Dark

Chapter IV ? Festival of Fools Part I

?Our time here has been unbelievable!? Sakoya exclaimed as she walked hand in hand with her husband down the cobbled street.

?That?s due to your marvelous husband,? Obi-Wan said with a snicker.

Sakoya glanced at him out of the corner of her eye. ?Oohh, realllly?? she said slowly.

?But of course,? he retorted smugly.

Sakoya simply shook her head and laughed.

?Oh, we haven?t stopped in here yet. I wonder whose fault that is??

Obi-Wan looked around sheepishly, avoiding his wife?s playful glare.

?Uh huh, give it up, Jedi.?

?I thought I already had,? he remarked.

Sakoya looked at him shocked then narrowed her eyes and said in a low tone, ?Just for that?? She quickly turned and waltzed through the open doors of the Art Gallery. ?Better have some credits handy.?

?I have a bad feeling about this,? he groaned and then followed his wife into the shop.

Sakoya walked at a snail?s pace through the gallery. Although she was no connoisseur of art, she knew what she liked and many of these pieces appealed to her.

?Elegant, aren?t they?? she asked Obi-Wan as he came up beside her.

?They are beautiful,? he agreed.

?Yes, they are,? a female voice chimed in.

The two Jedi turned their heads as a woman approached. Her short dark hair framed her oval face and catlike eyes. A resonance of haughtiness emanated from her as she came up next to the couple.

?Can I assist you?? The words practically rolled past her dark ruby lips.

?We were just browsing. Thank you,? Obi-Wan replied.

?Are these original works?? Sakoya asked innocently.

As if taken aback from such a ludicrous question, the woman?s hand pressed against her chest and she gasped. ?Of course! We provide only the most distingue of creations.?

?T-thank you,? Sakoya glanced at Obi-Wan out of the corner of her eye. *Little conceited, wouldn?t you say?*

*I assume we can leave then?*

*Yes, please! Before she faints when I ask her the price.* Sakoya did a slight eye roll, yet tried to appear interested in what the woman was now chattering about regarding the prestigious artists.

?Thank you for your time. I?m sure all of them are quite exquisite,? Sakoya said with a nod and made her way past the woman with Obi-Wan right behind her.

?Thank the Force we?re out of there!? Sakoya took a deep breath of the ocean air.

Obi-Wan was chuckling and then a moment later, he was all-out laughing.

Frowning and placing her hands on her hips, Sakoya growled, ?What?s so funny??

Obi-Wan swept her into his arms for a tight embrace. ?Your face ? the expression in there, I mean. I don?t think you could have faked a better disinterested look.?

?Well, she wasn?t exactly Miss Nice. Brrr, I get the chills talking about her.?

A few more sniggers and Obi-Wan was himself again. They continued on their way, stopping in nearly every shop at Sakoya?s insistence, which made her beam in delight. There were artisans of every kind ? from simple candle makers to clothes and everything in between. She happened upon a pair of earrings that were as blue as the sky; the design was that of a flattened spiral, and dangled from her ears enticingly.

?As you wish,? Obi-Wan?s hot breath played upon her ear.

?Oh, you?re so good to me, beloved.? She grinned at him playfully.

After paying for their purchase, the couple walked out into what should have been sunshine, although by now, the sun was just beginning to set.

?Where would you like to venture now, milady?? he asked, giving her a kiss.

Tilting her head to the side, Sakoya slid her hands up her husband?s chest, and around his neck, gazing intently at him. ?First I would like to satisfy my

20. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Ah, so the happy stuff is coming to an end. Interesting that Garen isn't as innocent as he looks.

21. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    *rushes through in a blur*

*skids to a sudden stop*

*falls over*

Oh my! How have I been missing this!? Well... I guess it may have something to with the fact I'm not around much any more... //sheepish

But all that is about to change, I'm hooked on this story, liek a fish on a ...hook. I'm not going anywhere! I love the interaction between Obi and Sakoya. And I was just starting to like Garen, his clumsiness was cute! *eyes move up to witness her own clumsiness* Heh heh [face_blush] Can't wiat for more, sounds like Obi and Sakoya are gonna hit some trouble!!! And I love twouble! :D

Keep up the good work oh, E-Mummy of mine!

22. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm just loving the interaction between Obi-Wan and Sakoya. You write it so well.

Looking forward to more. :)

23. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Interesting, most interesting, my friend. :D

Great honeymoon for Obi and his lady love, but I have a bad feeling about what's in the offing. [face_worried]

Superb stuff, Arriss. :)

JD.

24. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    It looks like Obi-Wan and the Mrs. were having a nice honeymoon, but of course it won't last. I didn't know they had Jacuzzis in the GFFA ;).

--MissPadme

25. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Oh, there will still be some moments. [face_mischief] Garen innocent? Not by a long shot. ;) Sorry, had some deception in there. :)

THERE?S my girl!!! [:D] Now where is that sidekick of yours, hmmm? [face_thinking] I?m glad you got caught up ? the fun is just beginning. :D

Trouble? Ah, yes, you lovvvvvve trouble. [face_laugh] And there?s plenty in this story, my darlin' E-daughter. [face_devil] Now get your homework done! [:D]

Thank you!! I see them as a fun-loving couple but they love each other deeply. They?re going to need the bond they?ve developed.

Thank you, darlin? on all counts. [:D] Bad feeling? Your insight serves you well. [face_devil]

?Were? being the operative word here. ;) From here everything gets turned upside down.

Why of course they have Jacuzzi?s. ;) At least in my AU?s they do. [face_mischief] It?s not the first time I?ve had my characters in one ? probably not the last either. [face_laugh]

** NEW POST TOMORROW **

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.