main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Whispers in the Dark - EU/AU Mara, Obi, others - Action/Mystery *Epilogue 12/1*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arriss, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Here?s today?s post ? enjoy. :)

Whispers in the Dark

Chapter IV ? Festival of Fools Part II

The resort?s brochure depicting the Phantom?s Lock didn?t do it justice. It had listed entertainment and music, in addition to a wonderful array of food selections, but this was more than the couple expected. Inside the capacious establishment were throngs of people, plenty of tables for patrons to sate their appetites, and even more secluded areas when couples required more privacy. Multi-colored lights hung from the rafters high above their heads and swiveled in every conceivable direction. Music pumped through the sound system and greeted their ears to deafening heights. Off to the right was a dance floor filled with people, some in costume ? apparently for the festival, from numerous star systems and enjoying themselves immensely ? their dynamic steps attracting many of the passersby. The aroma of tantalizing victuals trickled across their noses and Obi-Wan?s stomach reacted rather loudly.

?Hungry, love?? Sakoya teased as she held his hand.

In a quick fluid movement, the Jedi Master had his arms around his bride and tilted her backward. ?Only for you,? he answered and then avidly kissed her.

?Remember that,? she purred.

Weaving their way through the crowd they finally found a recently vacated table and sat down. Sakoya moved in her seat to the beat of the music while Obi-Wan vigilantly looked around.

They hadn?t waited long when a serving droid came upon them. ?Would you care to order?? the droid inquired.

?Yes,? Sakoya nodded, ?I would like a Corellian Brandy.?

?Very good, and for you, sir??

?Make that two.?

?Would you care for anything from the menu?? the droid continued.

?We?re still deciding,? Obi-Wan said with a nod.

?Very well. I will return momentarily with your snifters.?

The two Jedi perused the menu electronically embedded into the duraglass table before them and tried to decide what to eat.

?It all seems wonderful? I can?t decide.? Sakoya sighed as she crossed her arms and laid them on the tabletop.

?The braised bistecca sounds appetizing,? Obi-Wan offered.

?Hmm, poteters served in a spice cream sauce come with it. Oh, and some brussê germoglia too. This sounds wonderful.?

?Looks like we?re dining the same tonight,? he said with a chuckle.

?Great minds think alike, darling.? Sakoya gave him a devilish glare.

From across the energetic room and the ever-increasing crowd, a couple of the patrons were holding an inconspicuous vigil on a particular fiery-haired woman.

They hadn?t waited long when the serving droid reappeared to deliver their drinks and Obi-Wan gave it their food order. Once the droid had left, the Jedi sampled his drink and settled back in his chair only to stare at the woman across the table from him.

?You look beautiful tonight,? he complimented her, his green eyes more pronounced from the colorful lights flashing overhead.

Sakoya?s cheeks flushed a light shade of scarlet. ?Thank you, my handsome husband.?

They snuggled closer and soon their voices were lost in the mix of conversation of the other customers.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the club?

?Garen was right ? she fits the description but who?s the old fossil she?s with?? Irgan asked.

Yurrn?s forehead wrinkled in annoyance. ?Karrde said she?d be here to discuss our deal. He didn?t mention anyone else.?

?Looks like someone else is interested in ?er too,? Irgan said with a nod and set his gaze on the man across the room.

A few tables away from the newlyweds sat a brusque man. His burly shoulders and hardened face expressed a life that was far from pleasurable. Bereft of hair, his head would have shone like a beacon in the colorful lights had he not donned a headpiece to cover it. The dark clothing he wore managed to masquerade him, making him nearly invisible against the darkened interior.

He leaned back in his chair and took another long draw of his drink, his eyes never wavering from the woman in his line of vision

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Those guys are probably glad that Obi and Sakoya weren't paying attention.

And the plot thickens. :)

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks for the PM. :)

Great chapter. =D= I hope Obi-Wan and Sakoya are alright. [face_worried]

Those two guys are gonna be in serious trouble. I sure wouldn't want Obi-Wan and Sakoya, and possibly Anakin, after me.

4. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    *dots her i's and crosses her t's*

All done! Well, for the moment...

YAY! New postie! I loved it, the interaction between Obi and Sakoya as they danced and walked was great, and the "bad" guys were satisfactorily slimy! A very good post, as usual. New post soon? :D ;)

PM me when its up please! [:D]

5. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    RebelMom ? Those guys are probably glad that Obi and Sakoya weren't paying attention.

Heehee, if they had been the tables would have been turned for sure. ;)

JediMaster_Jen ? I hope Obi-Wan and Sakoya are alright.

Just wait and see what happens. [face_mischief]

Those two guys are gonna be in serious trouble. I sure wouldn't want Obi-Wan and Sakoya, and possibly Anakin, after me.

You?re right, I wouldn?t want 3 Jedi on my tail either. :eek:

Jess ? I loved it, the interaction between Obi and Sakoya as they danced and walked

Hey monkey! Glad you got that homework done. ;) I enjoyed writing the dance sequence and could just picture the two of them.

the "bad" guys were satisfactorily slimy!

LOL. You have no idea. :)

Thank you for your comments. As always, they are appreciated. I also posted a new viggy in the Saga forum ? Vader and Padmé ? if anyone wants to check it out. :)

6. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Tonight's new post. :)

Whispers in the Dark

Chapter V ? Rescue

?Hey!? a male voice shouted. ?What?re you doing??

Yurrn and Irgan Uyllt looked up and saw a rather large figure approaching them.

It didn?t look good for the brothers. They appeared rather incriminating as they stood over two people who were crumpled like dolls on the ground. A variety of conclusions could be formed from such a scenario and they weren?t about to stay there and be questioned.

?GO!? shouted Irgan as he turned and ran.

?Wait for me, you swamp spawn!? Yurrn chased after his brother and disappeared into the cover of night, leaving the two unconscious Jedi to their own fate.

The man charged toward the fleeing cowards but they had already melted into the shadows. Turning, he knelt down next to the still bodies and checked their life signs.

Vaarn Nurgh was sorting out his thoughts as he strolled up the street. ?My assignment has nothing to do with Mara, but that woman? They look so much alike?? Suddenly he came upon a man hovering over two bodies. ?What happened here?? he inquired suspiciously as he approached.

?Don?t know.? The man shrugged and glanced back at the newcomer. ?I saw two men hovering over them.?

?Where are they?? Vaarn pressed as he knelt down and felt for a pulse on each person. They were breathing, just unconscious. Noticing the saberdart, he plucked it from each of their necks and examined it.

?Ran off, the gutless slugs.?

?Hrumph, child?s play,? he snorted, turning the dart over in his large hand. ?Must?ve wanted to rob them or something. Why don?t you see if you can track them down? I?ll take care of these two and make sure they?re ok.?

?Uh, ok.? The man nodded. Turning, he lumbered off and soon disappeared.

?Looks like they found some ID?let?s see who you two are.? Picking up the ID chips, Vaarn took out his decoder and inserted the first chip. ?Interesting?very interesting?? He nodded to himself as the information appeared on the screen. ?And just who are you, little lady?? he asked himself while he swapped the chips. A moment later he had his answer. ?Sakoya Jade-Kenobi, hmm? Well, that may play to my advantage.? He took her ID out of the decoder and placed them both in Obi-Wan?s pocket. Pulling out his comlink, he gruffly spoke into it. ?Rheu! Wake up, you fool! Send transportation to the Phantom?s Lock.?

?Huh?? came the sleepy reply.

?You?re not asleep, you night owl.?

?Well, I was about to. I over-exerted myself tonight, ya know??

Vaarn didn?t appear to be amused. ?Quit shape-shifting so much.?

?Well, I have to, thanks to the demands of our employer!? Rheu snorted resentfully.

?Just send a carriage,? Vaarn barked.

?Fine. Why??

The large man chuckled and replied, ?Pick-up for two Jedi.?

__________________________________*****__________________________________

When Obi-Wan awoke in the morning he found himself in their resort room, still clothed in the previous night?s attire. He turned his head to the side and found Sakoya still asleep beside him. To his dismay, he moved to quickly as he sat up, which caused his head to throb painfully.

?That must have been some drink last night,? he commented outloud as he slowly got up and walked toward the fresher.

Sakoya stirred at the sound of Obi-Wan?s voice, grumbling incoherently, and turned over, covering her head with her husband?s pillow.

When the Jedi Master finished his shower, he came out into the bedroom with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. He laughed at the sight of his wife and decided she needed to wake up herself.

Walking over to the bed, he leaned over and reclaimed his pillow by snatching it away. Sakoya?s groans became growls of aggravation as Obi-Wan?s wet hair dripped all over her face.

?Get away from me!? she shouted. ?Ugh! Men!?

?Good morning, sunshine,? Obi-Wan cooed.

?Just because it?s morning doesn?t mean it?s good,? Sakoya retorted as she pushed her husband ? wet hair and all ? away.

?I?m going to make some caf, you w

7. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Being married a long time is fun. :)

The plot is thickening even more.

*makes popcorn*

8. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    A mysterious shape-shifter? An evil scientist?! *claps hands excitedly* That was a great post! I'm not sure if I like this Vaarn guy or not, he's a bit dodgy, and those brothers are just hilarious! Wait for me, you swamp spawn! [face_laugh][face_laugh]

And the interaction between our favourite foursome was wonderful! =D=

Oh, and um...[face_whistling] It's my birthday on Monday... the 6th, could we have a new post then? *grins hopefully* :D

9. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Excellent post, Arriss. =D=

You just upped the tension in this fic. Can't wait for the next post.

10. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Finally made it over here--been trying to leave you some replies on SJ as well.

I love the last couple of posts. Great Obi/Ani banter. And that scene at the Festival was just tense--I was half-expecting Obi-Wan to chop Vaarn's arm off. [face_mischief]

Definitely glad Obi-Wan and Sakoya are alright. I hate that they have no idea what happened to them though. Hopefully they'll figure it out before Mara figures out where they are. :eek:

Great job my friend. [:D]

11. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Sorry I?m late w/replies. [face_blush] I had a busy weekend.

RebelMom ? The plot is thickening even more.

I daresay it is? :D

Jess ? I'm not sure if I like this Vaarn guy or not, he's a bit dodgy, and those brothers are just hilarious!

LOL! Well, I?ve got a few surprises up my sleeve ? as usual. ;)

It's my birthday on Monday... the 6th

HAPPY BIRTHDAY =D= [face_dancing] [:D] [face_love] to my e-daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course I?ll give in to your request. [face_love] I hope you enjoy it.

JediMaster_Jen ? You just upped the tension in this fic

Oh, there?s more?much more. ;)

a_g ? Woohoo! You made it over!! [:D] Give Sy a big hug for me!!! [face_love]

I was half-expecting Obi-Wan to chop Vaarn's arm off.

Heehee. :D

Hopefully they'll figure it out before Mara figures out where they are.

Be careful what you ask for? ;)

This post is dedicated to Jess! [face_love] I hope you had a fantastic b-day, darlin?!!!

Whispers in the Dark

Chapter VI ? The Deal

Mara had nothing but time on her hands as her ship soared through hyperspace. She had taken Talon Karrde?s offer and was now en route to meet her contacts on the planet, Nevus. Talon had been kind enough to inform her that this was a new customer she would be dealing with and to spare them her ?venom?. After all, this deal could be quite prosperous and he didn?t want them scared away.

?Then why send me? You have plenty of others in your organization that could handle it,? Mara inquired, her eyes narrowing menacingly.

?Because of that.? Talon had chuckled.

?What?? Mara demanded, her ire rising.

Talon grinned back at her. How he enjoyed her feisty nature. ?Your excruciating aloofness. And because when it comes to some transactions I want my best person on it. They won?t be able to play you without the risk of you serving their head back to them on a platter.?

Mara?s lips curled upward derisively. ?How much is this deal worth??

?A lot.?

?I see?? Mara contemplated just what that figure might be and knowing Karrde, it was indeed a healthy figure. ?And my cut??

?Ten percent.?

?Ten? That?s ludicrous! Do it yourself, Karrde.? Mara spat, insulted by his answer and leaned back in her seat.

Feigning his exasperation, Talon took a deep breath and said, ?Fifteen and no more. Considering the magnitude of this deal, you should find that amount worthwhile.?

Mara remained quiet, taking into account her options, and finally said, ?I want more than your word. Give me your signature on a contract.?

Talon nodded. ?I assumed as much. It?s all laid out on here.? He tossed her a datapad with the particulars on it. ?You really should learn to trust me, Mara. I?ve never cheated you.?

?Yet,? Mara retorted with a nod as she picked up the electronic device and scanned its contents.

?Well?? Talon inquired. ?Is everything sufficient? All your additional details are on there as well.?

Mara looked up and smirked. ?I see that. Pleasure doing business with you, as always.?

?The pleasure is mine,? Talon responded, flashing the woman his most charming smile.

With a roll of her eyes, Mara stood up and made her way through the crowd and out of the cantina, Cela close at her heels the entire time.

?Intriguing woman, that one.? Talon Karrde said in a low voice as he took a long draw of his drink.

Mara lay on top of her bed in her private quarters, her head leaning back into a propped up pillow and deep in meditation when Cela softly said over the internal comm, ?We?ll be coming out of hyperspace in an hour.?

Cela knew better than to expect an answer and instead went about her duties. She had informed her mistress as requested and any further interruptions, other than an emergency, would constitute a punishment. A chill raced up Cela?s back

12. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Ah, Mara and her accessories. The girl loves her weapons. this meeting should be very interesting.

13. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I know, I'm very late. [face_blush]

You're really building the tension in these last posts, my friend. :cool: I'm quite concerned for Obi and his lady, but I suppose that's the idea. Your characterization continues to be masterful all around. =D= The relationship between Obi and Ani is pitch perfect, but that's hardly a surprise.

And Mara is just :cool: You write her very well.

More soon? And I'll try to show up in a more timely fashion. ;)

Great work, Arriss. :)

JD.

14. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    :eek: A post dedicated to me?! I am honoured, honoured that such a post should be dedicated to one as humble as I. Thanks! Thats the best birthday present you could have given me! :D

So, back to the post. I love Mara, I love to hate her. Does that make sense? The imagery you use is great, I found myself imitating Mara's sneer's and once even said outloud what I was reading, imagining what it sounded like! (...unfortunately, my brother walked past the door and asked me why I was talking to myself, then gave me a funny look. You'd think he'd be used to my strangeness by now.) I like Cela! She has the potential to be a favourite character. Those brotheres don't know what they are in for, *scoffs* push over indeed. *scoffs again*

I'm loving where this story is heading! More! More! Give me more!!! :D

P.S I got my driver's license yesterday, stay off the roads!!! :D ;)

15. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    I apologize for my late replies. My kids homework never seems to end, nor my helping them w/it. [face_hypnotized]

Ah, yes, but wait until you see what she does. ;) Mara, as you can see, has a quick temper and tongue.

I can't give away any secrets, [face_whistling] but trouble will continue to brew. Thank you for your sweet comments. [face_blush] You are such a dear, my friend. Timely fashion, eh? ;) We'll see. :D

Of course I had to dedicate a post to you - it was your birthday, after all. [:D] [face_love]

I can imagine your brother looking at you as if you were nuts and then rolling his eyes as he walked away. [face_laugh] You like Cela, huh? I'm rather fond of her too but her road is rocky as well.

You got your license? :eek: EEEEKKKKKK!!! I know, I know, you are of age after all. [face_mischief] I'll just be sure to watch the roads more carefully when I finally make it Down Under. :D

Look for a new post tomorrow.

Here's a short preview of it...

They walked inside and found nothing but overturned chairs and liquid covering the duracrete floor. The few windows within were stained and no clear view of the outside could be seen. The cantina itself reeked of some foul odor neither of them could decipher, nor wished too. Mara glanced around the empty bar, her nose barely tolerating the smell and then turned to leave abruptly.

?Lookin? fer a job?? a man with a rotund belly and a filthy shirt asked.

?Not on your life,? Mara stated.

?Then get out ? we?re closed.?

?No need to tell us twice,? Mara quipped and started to leave.

The hefty man grabbed her arm, stopping her. ?Seems like ya might need a lesson in manners, wench,? he said flatly.

Mara slowly turned her head toward the man and said in a calm, almost deathlike voice, ?Remove that disgusting hand from my arm.?

?Oh, really?? He sneered, tightening his grip. ?An what?re you gonna do about it if I don?t??

Mara gave the man a sarcastic glance and reached for her blaster. ?Eliminate it,? she said in an icy tone.

He watched her draw her weapon. ?You think you know how to use that? Wouldn?t want ya ta hurt yerself now.?

The brothers? faces still bore scowls some minutes after Mara and Cela had left.

?She leaves a sour taste in my mouth,? Irgan spat.

?Yeah, well, more in mine. She?s a chilly one, that?s fer sure. Let?s go check on our goods.? Yurrn sai

16. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Here's tonight's post. :)

Whispers in the Dark

Chapter VII ? Meeting of the Minds

The closer the pair came to the entertainment sector, the more they could discern the unending revelry stemming from the Festival of Fools.

Cela observed some nearby people who were obviously inebriated. ?Is this place always so??

?Rambunctious?? Mara interrupted, finishing the sentence. ?I don?t know, nor do I really care,? she commented with a shrug. ?C?mon, we need to find those brothers.?

Cela glanced again at the people she had been watching and shook her head. Mara had continued on and Cela found herself jogging to catch up to her mistress.

Mara suddenly stopped in front of a cantina and read the sign that hung above her head. ?Red Door,? she uttered with a smirk and then said, ?Let?s go in here.?

They walked inside and found nothing but overturned chairs and liquid covering the duracrete floor. The few windows within were stained and no clear view of the outside could be seen. The cantina itself reeked of some foul odor neither of them could decipher, nor wished too. Mara glanced around the empty bar, her nose barely tolerating the smell and then turned to leave abruptly.

?Lookin? fer a job?? a man with a rotund belly and a filthy shirt asked.

?Not on your life,? Mara stated.

?Then get out ? we?re closed.?

?No need to tell us twice,? Mara quipped and started to leave.

The hefty man grabbed her arm, stopping her. ?Seems like ya might need a lesson in manners, wench,? he said flatly.

Mara slowly turned her head toward the man and said in a calm, almost deathlike voice, ?Remove that disgusting hand from my arm.?

?Oh, really?? He sneered, tightening his grip. ?An what?re you gonna do about it if I don?t??

Mara gave the man a sarcastic glance and reached for her blaster. ?Eliminate it,? she said in an icy tone.

He watched her draw her weapon. ?You think you know how to use that? Wouldn?t want ya ta hurt yerself now.?

A single blaster shot suddenly erupted, along with a muffled scream, as Mara replied, ?Hmm, I guess I do.? Flicking the lifeless hand from her arm, she holstered her weapon and added, ?I?d just as soon split you like the fat pig you are but I have business to attend to.? Without further adieu, the two women left the bar leaving the man holding what was now a stump where his hand had been.

Once they were back outside, Mara and Cela continued their stroll down the street. Talon Karrde had provided her with a time and place to meet her contacts, but she had hoped to find them sooner and get this transaction over with early ? these two brothers weren?t exactly on her social list to mingle with.

?There,? Mara pointed at the sign a few meters away, ?that?s where we?re meeting ? the Clipper Tavern.?

?Do you want to go in and look?? Cela asked.

Mara glanced at the girl. ?Very good, you?re learning. C?mon.?

__________________________________*****__________________________________

The duo walked into the establishment and found themselves amazed at how opposite it was from their last stop. The décor was simple, yet tasteful, and a pleasant aroma permeated the air. Cela breathed in deeply the scent of enticing spices used in cooking, her mouth nearly watering from the wondrous smell. Ignoring not only her slave, but the aroma as well, Mara took in their surroundings, carefully choosing where she would like their discussion to take place. It was then that she saw her quarry seated at a table in the far corner. From such a vantage point one could see anyone coming in the door.

?From the looks of it I don?t think he knows we?re here,? Mara commented dryly.

Yurrn Uyllt was indeed too preoccupied to see Mara Jade enter the tavern, for he was too busy watching a Twi?lek do a dance for him. He found himself mesmerized by the blue skinned beauty and refused to take his eyes from her. Even the plate of food before him was left untouched. His throat grew parched as Leeanzah danced so he reached for his drink. Groping for the mug that

17. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Ugh, I hate smelly people. They want in Karrde's organization yet they want to kill the one who can get them in? Not very smart businessmen. I doubt they'll have much luck killing Mara in the first place.

18. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Hmmm, [face_thinking] very interesting... the plot thickens! I can't wait to see how they attempt to take down Mara! :D

Well, when you DO make it down under, let me know, I'm a good taxi, cheaper too. Oh and Cat sends her apologies, she said she just doesn't have time to read anything. She said she might be able to squeeze in, I'm not sure, but she sends her apologies.

Great post! :D Loved it!

19. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    I?m none to fond of them either. ;)

Yeah, they?re not the brightest crayon in the box. But they also have a plan for their actions, just wait and see.

Yeah, it?ll be interesting. [face_devil]

Oh, you?ll definitely know when I make it there! I have every intention of harassing you and Cat. [face_laugh] Now?about her excuse? [face_shame_on_you] LOL. Actually, I think she?d enjoy this story. It has a lot of angst and mystery to it. These first chapters barely scratch the surface. Tell her I hope she can make it over and do some reading. :) [:D]

20. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    If I were either of those brothers, I'd start running. Now! I have a feeling Mara is going to take none too kindly to their plans, and she's not one to let someone off with just a verbal reprimand. In short, I think things are about to get very ugly. And, to be honest, I can't wait. [face_mischief]

Another outstanding post, Arriss. :)

JD.

21. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Yeah, things are?hmm, about to change gears. ;) I?m glad I?ve got your curiosity piqued. Stay tuned. ;)

And thank you, my friend. [:D]

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. [face_love]

** New post tomorrow **

22. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I have to say I love love love your Mara. [face_love] What's the term I've heard used to describe Vader? "Deliciously evil"? Fits Mara even better here. She kicks the crap out of Zahn's Mara--and I like Zahn's Mara.

?I?m not exactly predictable."

LMAO! Oh, really? ;)

Irghan...ugh... If I were Mara, I would have sent him to take a bath and brush his teeth. :p

Yep, I've got a feeling the brothers aren't going to defeat Mara very easily. Let me rephrase that--they won't defeat her at all, and they'll be in for a rude awakening when she kicks their arses across the galaxy. [face_whistling]

Great posts my friend. Hope you have a good Valentine's Day. [:D]

23. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    a_g ? YAY!!!! There you are!!! [:D]

I have to say I love love love your Mara. What's the term I've heard used to describe Vader? "Deliciously evil"? Fits Mara even better here. She kicks the crap out of Zahn's Mara--and I like Zahn's Mara.

*bow* :eek: I-I don?t know what to say! Except thank you!!!!!!! I admit ? I did write Mara?rather?nasty but it just seemed to fit. Besides, writing weak women isn?t my strong suit. :p

Predictable? Mara? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Not quite. ;)

Irghan...ugh... If I were Mara, I would have sent him to take a bath and brush his teeth.

Yep, I've got a feeling the brothers aren't going to defeat Mara very easily. Let me rephrase that--they won't defeat her at all, and they'll be in for a rude awakening when she kicks their arses across the galaxy.

I would have too. Just picturing him while I was writing him was bad enough. [face_sick] Bad hygiene and me don?t exactly get along. Yuck.

Great posts my friend. Hope you have a good Valentine's Day.

Thank you, darlin?!!! I hope hubby did something nice for you today (I have no doubt there). [face_love]

I know it?s late but I haven?t been home long. So without further adieu here?s tonight?s post. Enjoy. ;)

Whispers in the Dark

Chapter VIII ? Bargains

In an effort to relieve her husband of his worries from the past evening, Sakoya had managed to find a stable that housed animals suitable for guests to enjoy the scenery from a different perspective?

?You?re sure about this?? Obi-Wan appeared dubious.

?Absolutely, mount up!?

?Please, be gentle,? he whispered into the ear of the animal.

The hestan shook her head as if in retort.

Sakoya laughed heartily. ?C?mon,? she urged, ?you?ll be fine.?

?So you say,? he retorted unconvinced. Lifting his foot into the stirrup and gripping a combination of black mane and saddle horn, the Jedi Master swung his leg over as he hoisted himself into the saddle.

?There,? Sakoya commented cheekily, ?that wasn?t so hard ? was it??

?No?not yetttttt.? Obi-Wan exclaimed as his hestan decided to toy with its new rider and took off at a trot.

Sakoya could only laugh as her own mount followed suit.

?Having fun?? she asked with a giggle as she came up beside her husband a moment later.

He turned toward her, a worried expression on his face. ?Bouncing up and down and making my butt sore is supposed to be fun?? he asked sarcastically.

?Welcome to my favorite source of adventure. One that I sadly find little time to do.?

?Beloved, I would go to the ends of the galaxy for you, but this ?? he glanced down at the brightly colored hestan, who in turn looked at him and made him stop speaking.

?I think she likes you.?

?S-she does??

?Sure, look at her eyes.?

?I-uh,? he hesitated, ?I guess so.?

?C?mon,? Sakoya gestured towards the distance ahead, ?let?s have some fun.?

It was a beautiful day for riding; the blue sky, dotted with cheery clouds gave a person a reason to smile. The air was crisp and clean, unlike Coruscant where an aftertaste lingered in your mouth in spite of the technological advances in air filtration. A mild twenty-four degrees Celsius, skimmed off the backs of the newlyweds and their graceful mounts.

The couple rode for what seemed like hours through the seasoned trails. They wound around fully blossomed trees, their tiny white flowers blowing in the gentle breeze, up and down various hills to the continual song of the native birds until they rested at last beside a secluded area of beach ? the white sand acting as a guide toward the ocean for their weary bodies.

Sakoya slid one leg over and slid down off the saddle and led her hestan over to a tree and then tied it, making sure that the nearby grass was accessible to eat. She stretched and the ripples that coursed through her back made her sigh with relief.

Hoping to show his prowess at learning how to ride, Obi-Wan tried to dismount in the same manner his wife had. The result

24. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Alas, their serenity would not remain?

As much as I want to say, "Oh no! I wish it would," if I did, we wouldn't have a story now woud we, and I would be doing my biology homework, so we'll skip the dramatics. But great post, Garen is an assassin? (*snigger* that word has ass in it... twice! //immature) Oh, I wanted him to get together with Cela, that would be cool... Don't worry, I've had a stern word with Cat, she WILL be here. One way or another! :D

Nice work Mummy! [:D]

25. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Somehow, I think everybody is going to be involved in what the brothers have planned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.