main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Whispers in the Dark - EU/AU Mara, Obi, others - Action/Mystery *Epilogue 12/1*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arriss, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    TERRY!!!! [:D] So glad to see you! Yea, you've had a chance to catch up. :D And thank you, my friend, you humble me. [face_blush] Just wait, I have a surprise that I have a feeling you'll enjoy. ;)

New post later! :)

2. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Excellent chapter. =D=

I'm soooo glad Mara was found not guilty. [face_dancing] Yay!!!!

Looking forward to the next chapter.

3. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Hey, nice to see you back. [:D]

I was going for Mara's trial, although speedy, to be realistic and I'm glad it turned out the way it did. :)

My "later" took longer than I anticipated [face_blush] but the next chapter is coming up. :D

4. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Chapter XXXIV ? Coruscant ? Part I

The journey from Nevus to Coruscant was a unique combination of sorrow and joy as these two feelings intermingled amongst those on board Mara?s ship. Xar?ek had soon disappeared after learning of Sakoya?s future child. Although not entirely self-centered, he left her a touching goodbye that he?d transmitted to the Conquest. He explained his actions not only to her but his daughter as well.

Sakoya recalled the message as she watched Luke and Mara talking quietly to one another and could only hope Xar?ek would one day find whatever it was he was looking for. She knew her destiny encompassed Obi-Wan, Mara, Cela, and the Skywalker family, all of whom she loved dearly, and of course the Republic and the Jedi. Sakoya also recognized that her daughter needed healing in many ways and she intended to help her, but something else would help her too.

As part of her rehabilitation, Mara would receive training as a Jedi. She would learn how to channel her innate abilities and learn about not only the Force, but also all living things and how they relate to the Force. Sakoya had already set up therapy for Mara at the Medical Center on Coruscant to help her sort through everything from her abduction many years ago to the Emperor and the changes she?d already begun to make. All of it would take time but Mara?s universe had just begun to grow exponentially.

__________________________________*****__________________________________

Mara glanced out of the corner of her eye at the man sitting in the co-pilot seat and then back to the controls set before her. ?Luke?? she said almost hesitantly.

Luke turned his head slightly to look at her. ?Yes?? he casually replied.

Mara took a deep breath as if uncertain to ask her question. There were so many things she wanted to know and learn ? to find her way in the universe, but she wasn?t sure where to begin. ?Wh-what was your father like??

Luke couldn?t stop the smile that spread his lips to their widest point. ?My father was?extraordinary. That may sound arrogant but it?s true. He loved deeply and had an abundance of compassion that never seemed to run dry. I could always talk to him no matter what the subject was and he would offer his opinion, many times whether I asked for it or not.? Luke chuckled and paused as he felt a tightness in his chest. ?His family was his life and he would protect us from any harm he could. As a Jedi, he was exceptional; his skill with a lightsaber was unmatched and the Force embodied him as no other.? Luke?s eyes started to get glassy and he blinked a few times to clear them. He?d tried hard not to dwell on his father since his death and the recent events had been a blessing to act as a deterrent, but Mara?s question stirred his heart and the memories sprang to the surface. ?He ran circles around all the other pilots and if you went up against him in a mock battle you knew you wouldn?t make it back ?alive?.?

?He?seems very lively,? Mara commented with unease in her voice. She could see the strain her question had caused Luke and it made her uncomfortable. ?I-I?m sorry, I didn?t mean to upset you.?

The Jedi smirked. ?It?s alright. I don?t mind.? He slowly shook his head and his lips curled upward on one side of his mouth. ?I was just remembering what a prankster he could be too. Anakin Skywalker was anything but dull!?

Mara looked down and then tilted her head a little to look at Luke. ?Sounds like you had a good childhood.?

?Yes, I?ve been very blessed,? he stated happily.

?I don?t even know my father?? Mara began. ?I don?t remember him from when I was young and I feel like I?ve recently only met him for the first time.?

?Do you remember your mother?? Luke asked.

?Not much. Vague dreams mostly.?

?I don?t know Xar?ek very well but I can tell you about your mother. I grew up with her not far from my side. She has a sense of humor and is fun to be around but she?s also dedicated to her causes. She has an abundance of love and you can talk to her about anything. She?s pre

5. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    As part of her rehabilitation, Mara would receive training as a Jedi. She would learn how to channel her innate abilities and learn about not only the Force, but also all living things and how they relate to the Force

Nice! :)

But inherently evil? No.?

Mara leaned back into her pilot?s seat and closed her eyes. ?You don?t know what I?m capable of,? she mildly retorted.

?Yes, I do,? Luke sincerely replied. ?You?re an assassin and a very good one.

Sometimes it's nice to see Mara proven wrong ;) Definitely not inherently evil, though OF COURSE she had to get defensive with that.

?Guess Luke thought I was too young for him. Too bad,? she said with a sigh of the growing attachment between the Jedi and Mara and then suddenly smiled brightly. ?Maybe he can introduce me to some of his friends.?

[face_laugh] At least she's not dwelling on it and getting upset over it.

Stunned, Cela could only sit there with her mouth agape. Before she knew it, tears were streaming down her face as she absorbed Mara?s words. ?I?m not a slave,? she whispered to herself. ?I?m not a slave, I?m free!?

Awww! I'm so incredibly happy for her. She deserves it, she really does.

Difficult choices, we all must make,? Master Yoda?s ethereal voice continued.

Obi-Wan?s brow marred, revealing his confusion. ?Difficult choices? I don?t understand, Master.?

?Be returned, one must, to an uncertain future.?

I hate when Yoda doesn't make sense. :p
    What sort of difficult choices? [face_worried]

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Mara's got a lot of work ahead of her. I think the Jedi training will help. I'm glad Cela is doing well - she'll need counseling I'm sure. Too bad Xarek took off - but I know there isn't always a happy ending for everyone.

7. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Sometimes that old troll really bugs me. :mad: I hate it when he talks in riddles.

Very good chapter. =D=

I liked Luke's talk with Mara, and how fondly he spoke of Anakin. That was amazing. great work. =D=

8. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    looks like things are shaping up nicely

9. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Finally got caught back up... and I'm loving it!!! :D Everything seems to be coming together nicely... although I wonder what that Yoda thing was about?

Sorry it took me so long to catch back up. And, as always, I'm patiently awaiting more. :D

10. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    SWpants666

Sometimes it's nice to see Mara proven wrong. Definitely not inherently evil, though OF COURSE she had to get defensive with that.

Yes, it is. ;)

I think we all have a touch of nastiness within ourselves, some people just have it more prevalent than others. I think Mara just wanted Luke to know exactly what she?s capable of, even if she doesn?t like it.

At least she's not dwelling on it and getting upset over it.

Yep. :) I took that cue from my daughter. She?ll get upset over a boyfriend but move on soon after. :)

Awww! I'm so incredibly happy for her. She deserves it, she really does.

ITA!! =D=

I hate when Yoda doesn't make sense.
    What sort of difficult choices?

Ohhh, you?ll see he makes perfect sense. [face_mischief]

RebelMom ? Mara's got a lot of work ahead of her. I think the Jedi training will help. I'm glad Cela is doing well - she'll need counseling I'm sure. Too bad Xarek took off - but I know there isn't always a happy ending for everyone.

She does, but she also has an excellent support system. Not everyone has that kind of encouragement. :(

Cela is very resilient and I think she?ll be okay. Obi-Wan and Sakoya will be very good for her. They?ll keep her grounded.

Xar?ek?has issues that he?s not ready to deal with and who knows if/when he will. He has a good heart but he can?t help being reckless.

JediMaster_Jen

Sometimes that old troll really bugs me. I hate it when he talks in riddles.

LOL! I can tell you for certain that he isn?t talking in riddles. Heehee. But you?ll find out?soon. ;)

Very good chapter.

I liked Luke's talk with Mara, and how fondly he spoke of Anakin. That was amazing. great work.

Thank you, my dear. :) I appreciate your kind words. :D

RedGold

looks like things are shaping up nicely

Just remember, anything is possible. [face_mischief]

Jaina_and_Jag

Finally got caught back up... and I'm loving it!!! Everything seems to be coming together nicely... although I wonder what that Yoda thing was about?

Sorry it took me so long to catch back up. And, as always, I'm patiently awaiting more.

Welcome back!! It?s great to see you again! [:D] I?m so glad you?ve had a chance to catch up! :D

Remember how Yoda loves to talk cryptically? o_O Something?s coming very soon?wait and see.

11. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    This weeks post kinda falls in line w/Halloween. :D Enjoy. :D

Chapter XXXIV ? Coruscant ? Part II

Coruscant ? Skywalker home

Padmé tossed and turned in her bed. Yet another restless night descended upon her where she would wake up exhausted in mind and body. Ever since Anakin?s death, it was a rare occasion for her to have a peaceful night?s slumber. So many times, she?d awoken to a parched throat and yet no liquid was able to quench her thirst. Her mind felt like a fog that fought against her when she demanded it to function and her body felt tired, as if all it wanted to do was rest. She fought against each obstacle, willing herself to perform her duties despite feeling that a vital part of her was missing.

This night was no different.

Turning her head for the umpteenth time, Padmé threw back the covers and fanned herself. Touching her forehead, she felt the glistening wetness on her fingertips.

?Why am I perspiring? The climate control setting hasn?t changed but it feels?stifling in here,? she wondered aloud. Catching movement out of the corner of her eye, Padmé suddenly sat up in bed and abruptly turned her head. Her mouth opened in surprise and bewilderment reached her eyes. Unable to move, she watched as the dense fog filtered into her room, slowly crawling toward her. Her mind set to work and she jumped out of bed believing she was the target of an assassination attempt.

Grabbing her robe as she ran past her bed toward the doorway, she heard a voice, a distinct voice that stopped her instantly.

It beckoned to her. ?Padmé.?

?Please?stop. Torment me no more!? Padmé said as the anguish built up in her throat and tears stung her eyes.

?Angel!? it continued.

?STOP!? Padmé demanded, shouting the word as she covered her ears with her hands and then a frightening chill coursed through her. She wanted nothing more than to run from this nightmare but she couldn?t. The voice, something about the voice held her in place.

The fog persisted and fanned outward, encompassing the entire bedchamber. It was now so thick that Padmé couldn?t see anything but the mist. Her hands slowly slid down from her ears as her heart beat wildly. If someone were trying to kill her, the fog would have already done so. Resolute, she stood her ground, still unable to move but hoping that whatever or whoever was doing this wouldn?t know her plight. She took a deep breath and for the first time recognized a scent that she must have missed before.

Oh, whoever is behind this will pay dearly for enticing me with that aroma! she silently remonstrated as her eyes narrowed menacingly.

She stood motionless and closed her eyes, trying to block the scent out of her mind. Willing herself to concentrate on the fog around her and the danger it posed. As she took control, her eyes fluttered open and she felt rather than heard footfalls approaching.

Without thought, she tensed and wished she had a weapon to defend herself.

Padmé?s eyes widened in surprise as she witnessed a vague outline begin to form before her, surrounded by tiny pinpricks of sparkling light, shimmering blue and white through the fog.

As the light radiated brightly and the outline began to take more of a shape, she gasped and then her hand quickly covered her mouth.

With outstretched arms, the now fully materialized man stepped forward and said, ?I?ve missed you, Angel!?

Padmé gasped and then fainted.

__________________________________*****__________________________________

Padmé awoke with a start and bolted upright in bed. ?ANAKIN!? she shouted.

?Sssshhh, beloved. You could wake the dead with that yell,? Anakin smiled as he brought a drink to his wife.

Padmé gaped at her husband in stunned silence, her eyes wide and displaying the confusion she felt. ?H-how? A-are you?real??

Anakin flashed his infamous smile. ?Yes, I?m real. Fully corporeal.?

?H-how?? Padmé asked softly, her voice quivering.

Anakin smiled lovingly at his wife as

12. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    that's unexpected...

darn it, I like Anakin better when he's dead... :(

13. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Anakin flashed his infamous smile. ?Yes, I?m real. Fully corporeal.?

:eek: Woah! That's so awesome for him and Padme. Gotta love the Force

Padmé knew the moment the word ?wedding? escaped her daughter?s lips that her impending conversation was doomed.

It only took milliseconds before Anakin was walking briskly into the living area. ?WEDDING?? his voice thundered.

[face_laugh] That's too great. Ah poor Leia, getting scared half to death like that.

and then said in a rough voice, ?and if he hurts you, I?ll Force-choke him!?

Of course he will ;) And wouldn't be the only one, I'm sure.

Obi-Wan turned to his wife, picked her up off the ground in an enormous hug and swung her around. The elation within the Jedi Master was beyond palpable. ?Don?t you feel him??

Aww! That's adorable. I can see Obi-Wan doing that and acting like that because of Anakin coming back.

I'm happy Anakin is back.

14. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I can see how that would be very Halloweenish. It'd freak me out.

15. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Anakin's back?? I'm just so confused... he was dead, but now he's back? Okay... I guess.

Looking forward to seeing where we go from here. :D

16. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    It was unexpected while I was writing it too. ;) I didn't plan on bringing Anakin back but...an idea came to mind and I just went w/it. :)

Sorry you'd rather see him dead. [face_devil]

Absolutely!! [face_love]

Like all of you, it was the last thing she expected. [face_devil]

I have no doubt Luke, Obi-Wan, and Sakoya would all be rallying to her defense. :D

Thank you. :D I'm glad he's back too. [:D]

And the ironic part is that I never thought I'd be posting that chapter around Halloween. It just worked out that way. [face_thinking]

Ahhh, the Force works in mysterious ways. ;) I will tell you that Anakin's return isn't just based on a whim.

[face_skull] Happy Halloween everyone!!!! [face_pumpkin]

17. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    :eek: Ani's back? Wow.

I love surprises. Excellent. =D=

18. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Thank you! :D

There's been areas in this story that turned out differently than originally planned :oops: but, thankfully, it's all worked out. [face_peace] :D

19. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Hope ya'll had a good weekend. :D Here's the new post. :)

Chapter XXXIV ? Coruscant ? Part III

?The prophecy has been fulfilled,? stated one authoritative voice.

?The shift in balance, begun it has,? added another. ?Anticipated this, we did not,? Master Yoda declared with a tap of his gimer stick.

?And that course of action had already begun,? came yet another voice.

?Will it continue? Does he have the fortitude to continue?? a skeptical Jedi Master asked.

?He sacrificed all to defeat Sidious,? added another.

A Jedi Master who had not expressed herself as of yet nodded her head, ?Yes, he has proven himself. Anakin Skywalker?s destiny is not yet over,? Jedi Master Adi Gallia stated.

Qui-Gon Jinn gave a slow nod of his head as he said, ?Yes, Anakin, you are where you need to be.?

The bright midday sunlight filtered through the thick transparisteel windows of the expansive living room, casting a warm glow throughout but it couldn?t compare to the warmth flowing through a certain Jedi. Anakin stood outside on the balcony off the main room, his arms around two women he cherished most ? his wife and daughter. Leia had reached Han and asked him to come a little later, stating she had a surprise for him.

?It?s good to be home again,? Anakin commented blissfully.

?I still can?t believe you?re really here!? Leia exclaimed. ?When mom told me what happened??

Anakin squeezed his daughter?s shoulder tighter. ?Sidious had to be destroyed,? he began without any trace of bitterness. ?I would do it again, if I had to, even knowing what I would leave behind.?

?This is a happy moment, let?s not dwell on the past,? Padmé stated.

Anakin grinned. ?I agree! Besides, we?re about to have company.?

The lift began to slow as they reached the Skywalker apartment and then came to a graceful stop. The doors opened and the party of five walked out into the foyer, decorated in subtle hues of color that were both soothing and pleasing to the eye.

?It?s beautiful,? Mara exclaimed as she walked.

?I?ll show you around,? Luke offered.

?Not just yet, young one,? Obi-Wan interrupted with a grin on his face.

Luke looked at his uncle in wonderment, not comprehending, and then he felt it. It was akin to the fury of a sandstorm and battered him just the same. Luke?s knees buckled and he reached out to catch himself only to find Mara holding him up. It was a feeling he couldn?t describe but the outpouring of love that flowed into his being intermingled with the Force was incredible.

Obi-Wan glanced at his nephew. ?Looks like someone wanted to surprise you. I?d say he succeeded.?

?Who?? Sakoya asked confused.

?F-father?? Luke stammered, his eyes wide with wonder as his heart began to palpitate. ?H-he?s alive??

Cela?s own eyes bulged and her mouth hung open in amazement. She knew what had happened to Anakin when Sakoya and Mara were trapped inside the Dark Side of the Force.

?Anakin is alive?? Sakoya nearly shouted as her own surprise displayed on her face.

?Why don?t we all go find out?? Obi-Wan offered with a broad grin, feeling his own enthusiasm amplifying.

The small party briskly walked into the main living area, but was perplexed to find no one in the room. Luke?s eyes searched until he saw the open balcony and immediately started for it.

?They?re here,? Anakin stated happily without moving from where he had anchored himself.

?We should go greet them,? Padmé stated, nestling her head on her husband?s shoulder.

?Not yet??

Leia gave her father a suspicious look. ?What are you up to?? she asked. The exhilaration at her father alive and well still made her feel giddy all over.

?Giving Luke a chance to see for himself.?

Luke rushed out onto the balcony and turned to the left where, obscured from view, he saw the backs of his family. There was no mistaking the long, dark hair of his mother and sister, nor the sandy blonde hair and build of his father. Anakin?s Force presence alon

20. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Nope, Mara isn't a fool. How could she not love Luke? [face_love]

21. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Awesome chapter!! :D I'm excited that Leia and Han are going to be married soon... and Luke and Mara seem to be getting along greatly. haha.

Can't wait for more.

22. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I'm so happy for the Skywalker/Kenobi clan. I'm glad that Anakin's back and they have their family together again and have that support and all.

And nope, Mara's no fool; she's gotta love Luke :D

23. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Exactly. ;)

Thank you! :D
    Han and Leia belong together [face_love]
    Luke and Mara... Yeah, they're getting along pretty well. [face_mischief]

After everything they've all been through, a little bit of sunshine is a welcome sight. :D

Uh oh, looks like I upset one of my faithful readers. :( I know she'd rather see Anakin, well, dead, and I'm sorry I've disappointed her. :( At least he was...for a while.

24. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    everything is coming together nicely... even if Anakin is still alive.. :p

25. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    I knew you wouldn't be happy about that. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.