main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Whispers in the Dark - EU/AU Mara, Obi, others - Action/Mystery *Epilogue 12/1*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arriss, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    This is the last chapter before the Epilogue. :eek: Wow, we've finally reached the end. :eek: I hope all of you, lurkers included, have enjoyed this labor of love story as much as I enjoyed writing it. It took longer to post than I originally planned and of course the changes that came about along the way, but sometimes the characters take over and you're at their mercy. :D

Chapter XXXV ? The Wedding of Han Solo and Leia Skywalker

The sun?s pleasant rays bathed the guests as they were seated in a semi-circle around a spectacular and very capacious gazebo situated in the vast, lush garden with intricately shaped hedges behind Varykino, the Naberrie retreat home. Constructed of gray and white marble pillars and a matching dome; high arches peaked at nearly three meters in height as they united one pillar to another throughout its circumference. Strands of ivy intermixed with flowers of red and white, climbed up and around not only the pillars but across the dome as well. The brilliant azure sky cast its glow through the circular glass section of the dome, inciting the fragrant white plants that stood within on each side of the spacious structure. Inside, hung three tapestries; one of Shiraya, Naboo?s ancient moon goddess, which was directly behind the Holy Man, opposite it and to the right, draped the New Republic symbol, signifying Naboo?s alliance and to the immediate left hung Padmé?s royal crest when she was the Queen of Naboo.

Several dignitaries sat in attendance, whispering to each other as they waited for the magical moment. Queen Kylantha, Naboo?s reigning queen, sat beside Leia?s cousin and fellow Senator, Pooja Naberrie with Senator Bail Organa on her other side. In spite of the event about to take place, politics had become the topic of discussion.

The Naboo Holy Man who would preside over the ceremony waited patiently for the cue of music to begin.

Meanwhile inside the Lake Retreat

?Are you ready, Princess?? Padmé asked as she handed her daughter the bridal bouquet of long pedaled red and white flowers.

Leia took a deep breath as she stared at herself in the full-length mirror. Her mother?s wedding dress gracefully hugged each curve of her body. The intricate lace and embroidery hadn?t lost their luster after all these years and Leia couldn?t stop beaming at her reflection. ?Yes,? she replied in a light voice brimming with confidence. Taking the bouquet from her mother, Leia inclined her head toward the flowers and breathed in their scent. ?These are gorgeous, Mom.?

Padmé could barely contain her tears of joy at seeing her daughter so happy. ?You look radiant, Leia.?

Leia turned her head and smiled. ?I feel?at peace. I love Han very much and I know we?ll have a wondrous and adventurous life together.?

A tear slipped past Padmé?s defenses and slid down her cheek. ?Oh, don?t, please don?t,? Leia pleaded and then playfully chided, ?You?ll make me start and then we?ll have to do my makeup all over again!?

?I?m sorry, darling. I?m just so happy for you,? Padmé stated, opening her arms wide, which prompted an immediate response from her daughter. They stood there, silently embracing one another, as a multitude of words of endearment swam in Padmé?s mind. There was so much she wanted to say but the words wouldn?t form properly. She knew that in time, Leia would find out on her own and contented herself with that thought.

Padmé gently broke the embrace and looked into her daughter?s eyes that were so much like her own. ?It?s time, honey. Han is a good man and a wonderful match for you. Just remember one thing ? communication is vital. Never let that door close.? She reached up and gently cupped Leia?s cheek in her hand. ?I love you.?

Resplendent in his Jedi robes, Anakin stood in the doorway mesmerized by the two women in the room, both of them beautiful beyond compare in his mind. Slowly, he walked in and approached them. ?You-you look just like your mother,? he said graciously. ?Han is a very fortu

2. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    This is the last chapter before the Epilogue

:eek: No way! Already? woow

A tear slipped past Padmé?s defenses and slid down her cheek. ?Oh, don?t, please don?t,? Leia pleaded and then playfully chided, ?You?ll make me start and then we?ll have to do my makeup all over again!?

hehe I can just see Leia doing that. I love so much that Padme can be there for her.

f Qui-Gon had told Anakin all those years ago on Tatooine that his life would turn out as it had, he probably wouldn?t have believed him.

No, probably not

But it's so beautiful :)

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    [face_love] Han and Leia belong to gether no matter the universe.

I'm both happy and sad that the ending is near.

4. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
  5. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Awwww!!! :) Han and Leia's wedding sounded perfect. *tear*

I'm sad that it's almost over!! :( It's been wonderful though. :D :D

6. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Sorry I'm so late w/replies. [face_worried] :)

Yes, Padme needed to be there, but so did her father. I'm glad I was able to bring Anakin back. [face_love] After all, I am an A/P shipper. [face_love]

Thank you. :D It's hard to believe this is the end. Well, after the epilogue. ;) It's been a long, enjoyable ride.

That they do... [face_love]

Aww, thank you. I'm very glad you've enjoyed it. :D

Ditto, my dear. :D

Thank you very much. I wanted to get Han's nervousness across as well as Leia's elation but calm demeanor.
    I'm so glad you've enjoyed the story. I'm a feedback junkie - good and bad, but good is much nicer ;). Ahem, but really, I'm just glad that I can give all of you a chance to see yet another aspect of a galaxy far, far away.

7. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Just chiming in here...

In order to let others catch up, I'll wait to post the epilogue until after the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
    :)

[face_peace]

8. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Where'd everyone go? [face_worried] I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. :)

As promised, here is the epilogue but I have to tell you it's pretty long. There wasn't a way to break it up but hopefully all of you will enjoy it in spite of the length. :D

Whispers in the Dark

Epilogue

Stars twinkled overhead creating a serene canopy against the darkness that tried to envelop it. However, inside Theed Palace, the stars shone in a different way as the guests of Han and Leia?s wedding celebrated their union within the ornate ballroom. Padmé and Anakin joined the newlyweds on the dance floor and even Cela was thoroughly enjoying herself as she found someone her age to dance with. Frivolity ensued inside while one particular couple took their dance to the balcony outside.

Sakoya looked up into the sky and its dazzling stars and felt absolutely delightful. Her husbands arms were lightly wrapped around her and his beard tickled her neck playfully. There was no place she wanted to be other than where she was with Obi-Wan.

As she stood basking in his blissful ministrations, Sakoya felt their child kick ? hard. The impact jolted her out of her relaxed state and nearly sent her to her knees. Only Obi-Wan?s quick reflexes stopped her from falling to the floor.

Panic flooded Obi-Wan?s voice as he helped his wife regain her feet. ?Mon aimé, are you alright??

Sakoya took a deep breath before answering, her heart palpitating. ?Y-yes, I think so.?

?Do you want to sit down?? he asked with understandable concern.

?Just a moment,? Sakoya replied as she steadied herself. Calling upon the Force, she guided healing energy through her body, easing her pain. Slowly turning, Sakoya took a step and faltered again.

Obi-Wan quickly caught her and used the Force knowing it would stabilize her movements and helped her over to the nearby bench. It was only after he helped her partially lie down and lift her feet onto the bench that he could feel the dampness of her dress.

He paused as if struck by something and then said, ?Love, I think I?d better get the mid-wife.?

?Yes,? Sakoya managed between breaths, ?because my water just broke.?

__________________________________*****__________________________________

Sakoya was due to give birth at any time and both she and Obi-Wan knew it. As a precaution, they had made sure that Arianna, a renowned Nubian mid-wife, was present not only at the wedding but the reception as well, which proved to be a very prudent provision.

As Obi-Wan sought out the mid-wife in the crowd, Sakoya reached into the Force and sent another gentle surge of healing energy throughout her body, easing the labor pains she was now experiencing.

?If Obi doesn?t hurry, I may give birth right here,? she mockingly told herself.

?ARIANNA!? Obi-Wan shouted over the various heads as he espied the mid-wife conversing with another guest. ?Excuse me,? he apologetically said as he pushed his way through the people to reach the mid-wife. ?ARIANNA!?

Arianna?s attention suddenly shifted from the conversation to her alerted senses and a moment later her name reaching her ears. Arianna turned and saw the Jedi Master break through the crowd and rush toward her. ?Your wife has gone into labor, take me to her.?

?You know? Are you Force sensitive?? Obi-Wan began.

The question merely made Arianna chuckle as she shook her head. ?No time, go now!? she interrupted and pressed through the guests with the Jedi right behind her.

__________________________________*****__________________________________

Obi-Wan again called upon the Force and linked directly to his soul brother?s mind. *Anakin! Sakoya has gone into labor. We need accommodations for her right away. She won?t make it to a med center.*

Anakin?s head jerked up and his eyes widened as he stopped dancing. Padmé immediately stopped as well and asked, ?What?s wrong??

?Help me find the Queen. Sakoya is in labor. Obi says there?s no time to get her to a hospital.?

W

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    *standing ovation*

@};- =D=

What a wonderful ending. Obi-Wan is surrounded by females...I can imagine when they become teenagers he is going to be screening all suitors. :p

Thank you for sharing your story.

10. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    He paused as if struck by something and then said, ?Love, I think I?d better get the mid-wife.?

?Yes,? Sakoya managed between breaths, ?because my water just broke.?

[face_laugh] just maybe, Obi-Wan :p

?You look surprised, Madame Chancellor,? the Queen smirked. ?I have given all of the suites names of former Queen?s of Naboo, in honor of their dedication and service.?

hehe that's cool :D

?Sabine,? Sakoya said, trying to catch her breath.
    As Obi-Wan looked down at his daughter, tears filled his eyes. He leaned down over the small bundle and lightly kissed her forehead. ?Welcome, little Silara.?

Oh, those are gorgeous names :)

A very awesome end to this =D=

11. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Wonderful story!

Thanks for writing it!

:D

12. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Thank you so very much. [face_blush] :D

It's funny, I never thought about the fact that poor Obi would be surrounded my females. Maybe I should have given them one of each, like the Skywalkers. LOL. Judging by what I've gone through w/my daughter, Obi is going to really rely on the Force when those girls become teenagers. [face_laugh]

I'm happy to have the chance to share it w/all of you. :D

Ah, poor Obi-Wan. LOL. he just can't seem to get a break. Fatherhood will be good for him though.

:D Thank you. I think all of the Queen's deserved it.

My beta helped me decide on the names. It was hard to figure out which ones I wanted to use. :) I'm glad you like them! =D= :)

Thank you very very much! :D I really enjoy sharing my stories and hope (*crosses fingers*) that others enjoy them too.

Thank you for reading! :D I know you didn't like me bringing Anakin back but I'm glad you didn't abandon the story because of it. [:D] I hope you enjoyed my portrayal of Mara. ;) I know she was rather ugly during the story but she redeemed herself.

13. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Wonderful ending!!! :D Obi looks like he's going to have his hands full... haha. I'm sure he's happy though.

I can't believe it's over! :( I've just adored this story and I'm upset that it's over.

14. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Thank you very much. :D I think Obi is going to have more than his hands full but he'll love it all the same. [face_laugh]

It's hard to believe it is over as I've been writing it so long. But knowing that you and others have enjoyed it so much "brings warm feelings to my heart" (and it really does ;) ). Writing is something I love to do and I'm happy to share it w/all of you. :D

15. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    [face_blush]

[face_worried]

My presense here is dreadfully overdue...please forgive! [face_praying]

I'm happy to see all the readers loving the ending almost as much as I! And yes, sad that it is over as am I...:(.

But I thought this could use a good bump and I wished to convey my feelings for this fic once again! :D

Arriss- YOU ARE QUEEN OF GREAT CHARACTERIZATIONS AND WARM FUZZIES!!!! Especially those endings of yours.... every time I read one, no matter how many times over, I feel like I'm being wrapped in a warm blanket with all the world at peace around me. [face_love].

Excellent work!!! Three cheers for Arriss! =D= =D= =D= And for those of you who haven't read this story - you are MISSING OUT ON SOMETHING FANTASTIC!!! [face_shame_on_you] Shame on you!

-AnakinsLuv

16. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Aww, thank you very much darlin' - for everything! [:D] [face_love] You humble me. [face_blush] Truly.

I enjoyed this story and I'm really glad it turned out as well as it did. :D

Thank you for hanging in there as my beta! [:D] Your ideas and opinions were invaluable! You really are a blessing! Thank you again! [:D]

17. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

My presence is long overdue in this thread, and I humbly apologise, but I have spent the last three days just reading this fic, and I loved every second of it! I was up til 1am last night, hoping to get it finished, I read up to page 18, but decided to finish it this morning (after I got back from the dentist [face_plain] ).

Arriss your characterisation, sense of humour and talent with making mush not too mushy is exceptional. Your characters are totally believable and as someone else said before, I can totally see this being played out in a real SW movie. Your OC's are thought out and your portrayal of them is so real I feel like I know them personally! Your "good" Ani is exactly how I would see him if thins hadn't gone... sour. And his relationship w/ Padme is just gorgeous. It takes a lot for me to cry, but I misted up when he died in this fic. I was shocked also, cos I know what a great fan of A/P you are. I knew you'd find a way to bring him back. [:D] [face_love] On another note, I loved your relationship between Han/Leia/Ani towards the middle/end of the fic. You know how much I love H/L! :D Anakin's drive to protect his daughter is so cute and Han trying to be on his best behaviour is adorable! Their wedding scene was so beautifully written, with Anakin remenicsing about his daughter's life.
    Alliance was a fabulous fic, and this is a great sequel to it. You are truly one of the most talented writers I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

So in conclusions. I bow down to you. [face_love] :p =D= @};- @};- @};-

18. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    ACK!!JESS!!! [:D] How is my little angel? It?s been far too long, my dear. [face_shame_on_you]

3 days?! Whoa! :eek: Heck of a reading session! That?s just so cool!! (I hope the dentist visit went ok ;) )

Yeah, Cat would get after me if I got too mushy. [face_mischief] Seriously, thank you? [face_blush] very, very much. I aspire to make my stories emulate real life situations and I?m very glad that you think I succeed. As Yoda would say, ?that brings warm feelings to my heart?. [face_love] You just made my dreary day brighten considerably. :D

You know, I never did intend to have Anakin die?and, as you said, I?m a big fan of A/P so I surprised myself too. I was so happy to have the chance to bring him back?but not w/o reason. [face_mischief] After all, not everything in the GFFA is blissful. But, that?s another tale?if I ever get to write it.

Han and Leia ? adorable. They sooo belong together. I?ve never really written them w/anyone else. There was Leia?s crush in Alliance but that was as a young girl so I don?t count that. :D Some people are just destined for one another. [face_love]

Your compliments humble me but I thank you very much for them. I write from the heart and just let it go. I?m incredibly thankful it turns out so well and everyone can enjoy my tales.

Thank you again, darlin?. [:D] [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.