main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Whispers in the Dark - EU/AU Mara, Obi, others - Action/Mystery *Epilogue 12/1*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arriss, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    What in the worlds has Mara got her hands on that's so valuable, one wonders. [face_thinking] Whatever it is, I doubt it's good news for our heroes. [face_worried]

And it looks as if time is running out for those brothers, and fast.

Poor Cela - kid is sure under a lot of stress.

Lastly, I wonder what Obi and Sakoya are walking into in that cave. [face_thinking] Should prove interesting to say the least.

Superb update, my friend. =D=

JD.

2. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Getting caught up I think--I had some issues with TF.N earlier this week--tried to lurk over here and couldn't see anything. :confused:

Anyway, great posts. :) Poor Sakoya. :_| Scary mission of Mara's--to kill Anakin and his family. I wonder what message she got from that vial.

Also wanted to mention that I like the scene with Obi-Wan trying to ride. [face_laugh]

Looking forward to seeing more.

3. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    RebelMom ? I wonder what's on that chip? Can't wait for the next chapter(or part thereof) That cave is going to be pretty crowded.

But if I tell you, it?ll ruin the surprise. :D Yeah, you could say things get a bit crowded. ;) But you?ll see in the next chapter what happens about that.

Jess ? A tense dramatic cave scene!? Eeeeee! Can't wait for next part.

Well then dear, look below. ;)

qingauk ? oh boy!! Ok.. I declare it the 'end of the week' tomorrow so you can post the next part before we die from waiting

LOL. Thank you darlin?. :D Sorry to keep you in suspense, but wait no longer. :D

JDH3 ? What in the worlds has Mara got her hands on that's so valuable, one wonders. Whatever it is, I doubt it's good news for our heroes.

Mmm, no, it?s not good ? for anyone. [face_devil] It causes no end of trouble.

And it looks as if time is running out for those brothers, and fast.

We?ll see. [face_mischief]

Poor Cela ? kid is sure under a lot of stress.

Unfortunately, you?re right. :( Cela?s life hasn?t been an easy one ? past or present.

Lastly, I wonder what Obi and Sakoya are walking into in that cave. Should prove interesting to say the least.

Superb update, my friend.

They?re in for a surprise and not one they?re quite ready for.

Thank you, darlin?. [:D]

a_g ? Getting caught up I think--I had some issues with TF.N earlier this week--tried to lurk over here and couldn't see anything.

Hey! So glad you had a chance to catch up!! I know what you mean ? I was having problems earlier this week too.

Poor Sakoya. Scary mission of Mara's--to kill Anakin and his family. I wonder what message she got from that vial.

Sakoya?s not having an easy time of it and it?s not going to get better for a while. As for the vial? [face_thinking] all will be revealed soon. [face_mischief]

Also wanted to mention that I like the scene with Obi-Wan trying to ride.

Looking forward to seeing more.

LOL. Yeah, I thought that was amusing. Poor Obi can?t get a break in the sky or on the ground. [face_laugh] Just check back for updates when you can, darlin?. [:D]

And now here?s tonight?s post. Sorry I?m getting it up so late but it was a homework night. :)

Whispers in the Dark

Chapter XI ? Turning of the Tide ? Part II

?Looks like we?ve been found out,? Irgan commented, shining his hand light on the shattered lock.

?More like the wench gettin? nosy,? Yurrn retorted.

?Then it?s a sure bet she found the datachip. She probably already knows what?s on the thing.? Garen stated as he lit the torches.

?Then she won?t show. Our leverage is gone!? Yurrn angrily pounded his fist on the container cover.

?Oh, she?ll show,? Garen announced. ?Depending on what she found she may want some silence.?

?Silence?? Irgan asked puzzled.

?Ya know, kill us!? Yurrn rolled his eyes.

?Yeah,? Garen slyly said, ?but not before we get her to talk and then off her!?

Garen waited in the shadows, his blaster at the ready, while the Uyllt brothers tried to appear nonchalant as Mara Jade finally approached them.

?Miss Mara,? Yurrn casually greeted her.

Mara nodded her head, her eyes never leaving the duo before her.

?Where?s yer sidekick?? Yurrn asked with a lecherous grin.

?Her presence wasn?t required,? Mara quipped.

?A pity ? nice little thing to gaze upon.?

?Yurrn, I?m not in the habit of housing prostitutes. Those are plentiful elsewhere if you have the need.?

Yurrn snickered and leered at her. ?Shall we get down to business?? he asked, elbowing his brother in the ribcage, hoping to make Irgan?s ridiculous smirk disappear.

?Absolutely.?

?And what did the vial contain?? Yurrn asked politely. Too politely.

Mara played along as she took a deep breath. ?Nothing I?m afraid ? completely worthless.?

?Impossible!? Irgan shouted, rubbing his sore side.

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Poor Sakoya. Wait until she finds out her little girl did that. How horrible for her.

5. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Sakoya's honeymoon is turning out to be anything but, poor woman. :( She's going to learn what her daughter is capable of.

6. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    OMG... If I found out I had given birth to someone like that, I would.... Well I dont know what I would do, since I am only 17, I really haven't thought about children, let alone what I would do if they were the next evil Emperor wannabe. But I feel like killing my dog when he does something bad, is that kinda the same? Usually I just wanna kill him cos I have to clean up whatever mess he made... But, I can't imagine what it must be like for Sakoya. :(

7. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    OMG.. she just disappeared? Obi saw her.. so sad.. how is his wife going to deal with this? .. oh boy.. coming up.

8. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Had Mara grown up w/her mother, I'm sure her life would be vastly different. However, since her path veered in another direction... But, yes, this news is going to be very hard on Sakoya. Having kids myself I can't imagine how I would react to something like this. :(

Well, not quite disappeared. ;) But she was able to leave another way. :)

9. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Just giving this a bump. :)

10. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Sorry to be late. [face_blush]

I'm fighting a cold, so would you settle for a "great post" this time around? Pretty please. [face_praying]

Awesome job as usual, my friend. :)

JD.

11. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002

Aw, thank you, my friend. [:D] Oh, that sucks that you're sick. :( I hope you feel better soon. :)

Get some good rest. [:D]

12. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Damn, Mara...ow ow ow ow OW! It's not just that she killed him, it's how she did it--and your description was great, I could almost see it happening.

Poor Sakoya. :( I wonder how long Obi-Wan is going to be able to keep this from her--or how long until she and Mara run into each other. [face_worried]

Great post my friend. [:D]

13. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    *Whew!*

I finally had a chance to catch up..*whew*....this is quite an adventure!

Can't say I'm disappointed that Mara got rid of the brothers...they definitely were up to no good, but unfortunately, no match for Mara [face_devil]

And poor Sakoya & ObiWan. Glad she didn't see that display...that reminded of ObiWan watching Anakin on his rampage in the Temple - the shock and dismay he must be feeling.

Can't wait to see what's in these vials! And the inevitable meeting of mother & daughter...:_|

Michelle

14. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    a_g ? Hey darlin?. [:D]

Damn, Mara...ow ow ow ow OW! It's not just that she killed him, it's how she did it--and your description was great, I could almost see it happening.

She can be pretty?ruthless when she wants to be. I was going for her anger to be ?felt? and I?m glad it came through that way.

Poor Sakoya. I wonder how long Obi-Wan is going to be able to keep this from her--or how long until she and Mara run into each other.

Great post my friend.

Not long enough, I?m afraid. :( Glad you enjoyed this chapter. :D There?s a certain part of this story that I?m just waiting to see how you react. [face_devil]

Wook ? Hey girl!!! [:D]

*Whew!*

I finally had a chance to catch up..*whew*....this is quite an adventure!

YAY!! =D= I?m happy to see you made it over! Yeah, there?s all kinds of stuff in this story. It?s far from my normal A/P mush fare. ;)

Can't say I'm disappointed that Mara got rid of the brothers...they definitely were up to no good, but unfortunately, no match for Mara.

Yeah, they were a slimy pair. :p

And poor Sakoya & ObiWan. Glad she didn't see that display...that reminded of ObiWan watching Anakin on his rampage in the Temple - the shock and dismay he must be feeling.

Well, remember, he is speculating? ;)

Can't wait to see what's in these vials! And the inevitable meeting of mother & daughter...

The vials, ah, yes? [face_mischief] Just wait until you see what happens w/those.
    Of course, the meeting of mother and daughter will be quite interesting too. I can?t say too much though. :D

It?s been a rather busy week so I haven?t been able to update until now. Here?s the next chapter?

Whispers in the Dark

Chapter XII ? Turncoat

?CELA!? Mara shouted searching throughout her ship for her slave. ?Perhaps she hasn?t returned yet. I am quite faster than she is,? Mara quipped as she turned around and heading for her quarters. ?That just allows me to check on my new acquisition,? she said with a laugh.

__________________________________*****__________________________________

?I?m surprised she slept through it,? Obi-Wan commented as he peered down at the slumbering girl.

?I am too. Evidently she?s a very heavy sleeper.? Sakoya replied and then bent down and shook the girl?s shoulder. It took a few minutes and more shoulder shaking before Sakoya was able to rouse Cela from her slumber. Slowly opening her eyes, Cela looked around, trying to get her bearings. The torches barely reached the area she was in and she couldn?t make out the faces of whoever was hovering over her, but she could see there was more than one outline.

?Wh-what do you want?? she asked frightened, instantly scooting backward only to be stopped by the cave?s wall.

?We won?t hurt you,? Sakoya said in a calming voice. ?What are you doing here??

Cela looked around hoping to find some avenue of escape. Mara would do worse than kill her if she exposed her mistress. ?I, uh, got lost,? she replied, not at all convincingly.

?You needn?t be frightened. What?s your name?? Sakoya asked.

Cela refused to answer and suddenly jumped to her feet and ran farther into the cave. She almost fell and had to grab onto one of the formations to support her. She only stopped as she reached the torch lit area. Glancing over, she saw the bodies of the two men she had met before with Mara.

?Old habits die hard ? literally,? she said to herself.

?Do you know who did this?? Sakoya asked the girl as she came up behind her.

Cela?s heart skipped a beat at the sound of the voice. She hadn?t heard the person approach and she quickly turned around, her jaw dropping almost instantly. Her face full of fear, she slowly backed up and said, ?Wh-who are you? What do you want??

?I told you we won?t harm you. There?s no need to be afraid,? Sakoya reassured her.

?We are Jedi and would like to find out what happened her

15. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ack! Evil cliffie. Well, Obi's trying to hide it from Sakoya is for naught. I can't wait to see her reaction to the news. Hopefully you won't be busy for too long.

16. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    BAAAAD Cliffie, but very good point to move on.

Mother has some explaining to do to her child :)

if you have any kind of update list please put me on it :)[face_blush]

thanks

17. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    What???.. you are so mean!!

Actually that is a great suspense cliffy! Great Chapter.. now what happens?

18. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    [face_devil] I love cliffies. You're right - hiding the truth from Sakoya isn't going too last long.

I think I can get back on track now - at least for a while. My kids and their schoolwork. [face_worried]

Woohoo, a new reader. :D I'll add you to my list. :) Yeah, there's lots more explaining that'll be going on. ;) It's time to delve deeper, you might say.

Heehee, sorry dear - NOT! :D Looks like you'll have to stick around and find out. ;) [:D]

19. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I do hope Cela is going to be okay. Poor girl! At least she's with the Kenobis now. I really like her character, and I'm very worried for her. Mara is not going to like what she's done, not one bit. [face_worried]

Fantastic update, Arriss. :)

JD.

20. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    At last the horrible truth has come out [face_shocked].

--MissPadme

21. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    FABOULOUS!!! Faboulous chapter, faboulous cliffie - however evil... and just great! I loved the way you went through Cela's thoughts. How will Sakoya react? Maybe she'll go all mental, murderous rampage like! Oooh, blood!!!!

22. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Ouch, that is an evil cliffie. :eek:

I can't decide whether I'm looking forward to Sakoya's reaction or not--my first thought is that she's going to pass out. Or go ballistic.

I hope Cela is able to stay with the Kenobis--methinks a confrontation with Mara must be in the works though. [face_worried]

Great post my friend. [:D]

23. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    JD ? I do hope Cela is going to be okay. Poor girl! At least she's with the Kenobis now. I really like her character, and I'm very worried for her. Mara is not going to like what she's done, not one bit.

Cela is pretty resourceful so don?t worry too much about her ? yet. ;)

MissPadme ? At last the horrible truth has come out

You think so? [face_thinking] As Obi-Wan would say, ?Possibly.?

Jess ? FABOULOUS!!! Faboulous chapter, faboulous cliffie - however evil... and just great! I loved the way you went through Cela's thoughts. How will Sakoya react? Maybe she'll go all mental, murderous rampage like! Oooh, blood!!!!

Uh oh, don?t get too bloodthirsty on me, dear. You?ve been around Cat too long. :D Stick around and see how Sakoya takes this news. ;)

a_g ? Ouch, that is an evil cliffie.

I can't decide whether I'm looking forward to Sakoya's reaction or not--my first thought is that she's going to pass out. Or go ballistic.

I hope Cela is able to stay with the Kenobis--methinks a confrontation with Mara must be in the works though.

[face_devil] I have quite a few more of those but yes, that was an evil place to end the chapter. Sakoya takes the news?well, you?ll have to read to find out. :D You?re right ? Cela?s time w/Mara isn?t over yet.

Here?s a preview of the next post?

Reynard Sindre was not a patient man. He expected his orders to be carried out and accomplished in a timely manner. Delays, miscalculations, or any other excuse his retainers may conceive was not looked favorably upon. The type of infraction depended on the punishment incurred. Reynard had not amassed his fortune by luck, but more by shrewd manipulation and moving when his opponent didn?t expect it. He had learned a hard lesson in his old lab where he had been the underling and required to take orders from some buffoon he didn?t respect or admire. As far as he was concerned he had the superior intellect, he had the knowledge and in his mind no one else could compare to him. His arrogance and bitterness served him well and the other scientists chose to leave him in the solitary state he had immersed himself in. It was during this tenure that he discovered how to make his deadly creations ? the ability to concoct various toxins and then sell them to the rich and powerful ? anyone who would pay his exorbitant prices. He had no care as to how his customers dispensed his creations ? as long as it didn?t affect him adversely.

In affluent circles his name could be heard whispered in the dark recesses of a confidential meeting in an undisclosed location? These voices, shadowed in anonymity, spoke not only of respect toward Reynard, but also their trepidation of the man.

Sakoya stood in the middle of the bedroom ? half of her felt paralyzed and the other half wanted to move. She wanted to yell, scream, do something other than just stand here, but then she also felt sorrow ? and numb. Her Jedi training could only help her so much; the rest was up to her and she knew it.

Her own child ? her only child lived, which gave her the utmost joy. But an ominous cloud, choking her, taking her breath away, soon drowned that elation out.

This chapter is quite lengthy so it?ll be broken down into two parts. :)

24. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    ?Yes, just as I?m going to kill you,? Mara stated with a maniacal smile and mentally called her lightsaber to her hand.

Yurrn?s eyes widened as the crimson blade came to life and flashed before him. ?Yo-you?re a JEDI?? he asked nervously and then thought, that would explain the power behind that shove.

?Of sorts,? she slyly replied.

I've always loved this part! Mara's such a baddy! [face_devil]

I read these chapters so long ago that I can't put my finger on the small changes I know you made, but whatever they are...they work! Great job!

It's so fun to watch everyone else in suspense for the next chapter. I was lucky and got to read three at a time ;)

You guys are really gunna love what Arriss has in store for you!! You think you've seen drama....well, just you wait! [face_devil] *evil laugh*

-AnakinsLuv

25. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    AnakinsLuv ? [:D]

I've always loved this part! Mara's such a baddy!

Yeah, she is. [face_devil] She?s not one to cross ? anywhere!

Yes, my darling Beta knows all too well what?s going on w/this story. I?m happy to say that I shocked her more than a few times. ;)

Sorry for the lateness of this post. Enjoy. :)

Whispers in the Dark

Chapter XIII ? Questions ? Part I

Reynard Sindre was not a patient man. He expected his orders to be carried out and accomplished in a timely manner. Delays, miscalculations, or any other excuse his retainers may conceive was not looked favorably upon. The type of infraction depended on the punishment incurred. Reynard had not amassed his fortune by luck, but more by shrewd manipulation and moving when his opponent didn?t expect it. He had learned a hard lesson in his old lab where he had been the underling and required to take orders from some buffoon he didn?t respect or admire. As far as he was concerned he had the superior intellect, he had the knowledge and in his mind no one else could compare to him. His arrogance and bitterness served him well and the other scientists chose to leave him in the solitary state he had immersed himself in. It was during this tenure that he discovered how to make his deadly creations ? the ability to concoct various toxins and then sell them to the rich and powerful ? anyone who would pay his exorbitant prices. He had no care as to how his customers dispensed his creations ? as long as it didn?t affect him adversely.

In affluent circles his name could be heard whispered in the dark recesses of a confidential meeting in an undisclosed location? These voices, shadowed in anonymity, spoke not only of respect toward Reynard, but also their trepidation of the man.

__________________________________*****__________________________________

Sitting in his opulent, albeit sterile appearing office Reynard Sindre was drumming his fingertips on his metallic colored duraglass desk, a scowl blazing across his face. He had just received the latest news of his missing shipment and was trying to calm himself. ?Incompetent fools!? he snarled. ?This is becoming more of a fiasco every minute! Vaarn should have found those thieves by now. Perhaps he?s enjoying the scenery too much to be bothered with fulfilling his assignment. If that?s the case?? He paused, sneering savagely and then added, ?there will be consequences for such actions.?

Reynard stood up, his nearly two-meter frame towering over his desk, glowering at the wall opposite him. Suddenly, he shoved his chair backward, ignoring the grinding sound he heard as the chair impacted against a tall, slender table crafted from one of the finest woods in the galaxy and his nearby assistant. Used to such tantrums his assistant stood well out of the way but agile enough to catch the decorative vase that had toppled off the table.

He glanced back over his shoulder at the disruption he had caused and shrugged his shoulders. He knew the posh vase wouldn?t have shattered ? Zula was much too efficient for that. Still vexed, he turned and took a couple of steps toward the oversized duraglass doors and callously threw them open. Wordlessly, he stepped out onto the balcony and slammed the doors shut behind him, resulting in them vibrating dangerously.

He stopped at the balustrade and placed his hands upon it, staring out over the terrain. The turbulent wind blew his short, dark hair in every direction and howled in his ears as if it were threatened by his presence. Impervious to the attempts to drive him back indoors, he continued his survey of the land before him, filled with canyons and mountains on every side. He had built his new headquarters directly into one of the canyon walls, which provided a natural camouflage that was difficult to detect. He knew such an undertaking would likely cost a small fortune but that hardly concerned him ? his goal was secrecy and security. Ever since he could remember he had wanted his own fortre

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.