main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Whispers in the Darkness (OCs, infinities)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by divapilot, Apr 30, 2016.

1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Title: Whispers in the Darkness
    Author: Divapilot
    Characters: OCs, some canon.
    Summary: A collection of what-ifs for my two original characters, Bree Solo and Blue.

I hesitated to post this, but I figured, hey, if nobody wants to read this, then it will sink to the bottom quickly and I will just let it slip away. I hope that no one considers this self-indulgent. I apologize if it comes off this way. These are little snippets that emerged while writing Second Chances, or that came about as I considered various missing scenes and other possibilities concerning the characters that I had grown to love, and if these little stories amuse others then it's a good thing. It helps to know the stories, but the pieces work on their own since they explore scenes that never happened in the original works. So I guess these are AUs of the AU. :p

The original characters in these drabbles/mini vignettes are either Bree Solo or Blue. Bree Solo is the fourth child of Han Solo and Leia Organa Solo.Unlike her mother and siblings, Bree is hopelessly non-Force sensitive. When her brother Anakin Solo died, Bree was devastated but buried her grief instead of dealing with the pain. As a result, when she was 19, she abandoned her carefully controlled life and struck out on her own, with no plan or goal. Her wanderings led her to Blue, a Barolian medic on a refugee ship. Blue was dealing with issues, mainly his struggle to overcome his addiction to spice and alcohol and his own painful past. Nonetheless, the two fell deeply in love.

Infinity 1. Family

She gasped when they opened the door. She knew what they looked like – she always does her homework on such things – but to see his father, to see those same familiar indigo eyes look at her again… She pulled herself together.

They were awkwardly gracious and formal as they invited her into their home. She sat on a comfortable sofa and settled her daughter, who she had been carrying, beside her. The child, barely more than a toddler, began to fidget and she put her hand on the girl’s leg as a signal to stay quiet.

They offered her tea

He always drank tea; I was the one who drank caf

and little cakes with a delicate icing on them. Lelila raised her head and watched with interest as the cakes were offered to her. She let the girl choose one and placed a napkin over the child’s shimmersilk dress.

“Miss Solo,” his father began.

She smiled politely. “Please, call me Bree.”

My Bree. His whispered breath against her ear. My sweet Bree. I love you, my own Bree. I’ve always loved

Eventually the formality wound to its inevitable conclusion. His mother balanced her untouched tea on her lap. She looked down at the cup. “If you’re here, then he’s gone,” his mother said quietly. “How did my son die?”

Bree put her tea on the low table in front of her. The cup rattled slightly in its saucer. “He contracted a virus from one of his patients. We didn’t realize how serious it was. His heart had been damaged by the addiction, and we never knew. By the time we got to a facility that could treat him, it was too late.”

He lay in the hospital bed, ashen and sweat-drenched, gasping for breath. Clinging to her hand, conscious to the end, unable to speak but looking straight into her eyes

“He was a good medic,” Bree said. “He cared deeply for his patients.”

His father nodded.

Bree turned to look at the toddler, who turned to look up at her. The child’s indigo eyes were wide and beautiful

As beautiful as her father’s

and Bree reached out a hand to brush back the girl’s brown-blue hair.

“I was hoping that you would like to get to know Lelila,” Bree said. “Your granddaughter.”

Blue’s mother’s face trembled. Her eyes watered and she struggled to keep control. She gazed at Lelila, who moved closer to her mother.

The older woman found her voice. “We would like that very much. When one of our friends showed us the article about your wedding, we recognized our son at once. We had hoped we would meet all of you together. But—“ she glanced at her husband “—but we are so happy that you’ve come to see us.”

Bree smiled, a small smile that didn’t quite reach her sad eyes. She spoke to her daughter.

“Sweetheart, these are Daddy’s parents. Your grandparents. Your ta’ahano,” she said, using the word from the Ancient Tongue that her husband had taught her.

His mother put her tea on the table, next to Bree’s. She looked at the little girl, then held out her hand to her. Lelila glanced at Bree, who nodded approval. Then the child slid off the sofa and approached the older woman.

Blue’s mother took the child’s little hand in hers and traced her fingers over Lelila’s face as she stared at the child. “You’re so beautiful,” she told the girl

she’s so perfect, Bree, he said, holding the newborn. He ran his fingers over the baby’s face, held her tiny hand in his. She’s so beautiful

and the girl smiled and thanked her softly.

His father stared at the child, then he turned to Bree. “She has his eyes,” he said.

“You have his eyes, too.”

His father reached his hand toward Bree, who took it in hers. “We would like for you both to stay for dinner with us. Would you be willing to do that? There’s so much we want to know,” he said.

Bree smiled again, this time with gratitude instead of sadness. “Yes,” she said. “We would love to do that.”

His father stood up, and Bree, still holding his hand, did the same. Then he pulled her into a tight embrace. They stood together that way for a long time, arms around each other, both desperate to hold on to what remained.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh. My. Gosh. Never, ever, in my wildest dreams. =D= =D= Fantabulous and heart-wrenchingly plausible!
    The sharp edges of loss mingled with the welcome Bree and her daughter have with Blue's parents. Their understandable feelings of missing but also happiness to connect with those Blue loved. @};-

I already thank you for sharing these!!! ^:)^ [:D] !!!!

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm shivering! Instead of saving her, he dies and she has to tell his family. And...all these words, all these scenes from the actual story are flying past her, flickering through her mind. And this could have been the baby she actually lost, too, not the eventual Lelila that we know of. Trippy. Scary. Powerful. Sad. And...and...I was totally not prepared for this! :(