main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whispers in the Night: a young Mara/Luke story, very AU; COMPLETED 3/26/02 *TAGGED*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Qwi_Xux, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    "That was the easy part."

Hahahahahahaha!

Great post! That was wonderful!

GO LUKIE!!!!!

2. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Oh, I got post 775!

*starts chanting* 1000! 1000! 1000! *stops chanting*

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Sneaky old Emperor. :(
    Very nice post. Enjoyed the action. :)

4. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Liz-Thanks! :)

Am- [face_blush] No, I'm not even close.

Jaded-Thank you! :D

Mariah-Glad it worked out okay. :cool:

Mcily-LOL! Thanks a lot! :D

Mom-Can't seem to get away from Palpy, can they? And thanks so much for the edit--those darn C names. ;)

5. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    goooodgood

6. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    Oooh! Great post Qwi! Lots of action. Very nice! :)

*hears ominous music begin to play*

Somehow, I don't think this is going to get any easier for them... keep up the good work! :)

7. Jadis_Ionian

Jadis_Ionian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Great post, Qwi! :D
    I tried to read it an hour ago, but there was a sudden power outage when I was half way through. :mad: We never have them in March! How frustrating.

*Jadis*

8. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    WOOO! Great post!!!! :)

9. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Finally read the new post. Wow!

I agree with Wedge. He's a Corellian! They're supposed to be lucky! :D :p

Great post! :)

10. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Although I want to agree with Wedge that Corellians are supposed to be lucky, I'm not sure that that's exactly. They just have no respect for the odds. Any other major Corellians going to show up, (like Bel Iblis perhaps? or Iella?:))

11. LeiaSkywalker

LeiaSkywalker Jedi Master star 3

Mar 31, 2001
    Finally caught up with everything -again-!!! I finally found some time (actually I should have been studying but I couldn't help it! [face_blush] :D

Qwi, a wonderful work this is as usual! So, they finally found out about their past, uh? Though I bet there's much more to come!

I'm so happy I found the time to do this! :) It's so great!!!

12. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Ghent-Thanks! :D

Saber-You're right...I think from here it will only get more difficult. [face_devil]

Jadis-Sorry about your power outage! Glad you got to read this! :)

Maul-Thank you! :D

jadesaber-LOL! Yes, they are, aren't they? It would certainly explain how so many of them are alive after all this time, wouldn't it? ;)

Tych-I agree--Corellians don't care one way or the other. Hmmm...I don't know. We'll see. [face_mischief]

Leia!-You're back! Again! :D Thanks for taking the time out of your horribly busy schedule to read this.

13. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    UP! Luuuuving it, Qwi! *bounce bounce* Let's have some more!

*races back to homework*

14. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Mcily-Thanks for the ups! And here's a post for ya! :)

Getting into the Coruscant system wasn't hard. Ships were constantly coming and going. Besides that, we were heading right for the mouth of the beast--Coruscant would be the hardest planet for us to escape on.

"All right. Here's the plan." Mara spoke up as soon as we came out on the edge of the system. If we went any farther, we were going to run into patrolling ships. Mara and Yané had been discussing options for the better part of the trip. It was kind of funny--they were both very similar in their occupations, but the way they had been taught their skills were completely opposite. "We need to find an outlying shuttle--a surveillance stormtrooper crew. Then we need to board their ship, incapacitate them, and steal their armor."

"Oh, well that should be easy." Wedge said. "How are we supposed to do that?"

"I can pick out the ship that would suit us best." Mara stated.

"How are we supposed to board it without getting blown away? Even if we just get a surveillance shuttle, don't you think there will be other ships nearby?" Wedge wondered.

"Not if you know where to look." Mara grinned. "You forget--Coruscant is where I grew up. Palpatine would know that, and he's probably heard about the breakaway from Corellia and figured out that it was me. So, if he knew that I knew Coruscant's defenses, he probably would have changed them. But he knew that I knew he would have changed them, so..." Her eyes narrowed, and she stared out the transparisteel.

Wedge and I frowned at each other, utterly confused. "Come again?" I rose my eyebrows.

"Trust me." Was all Mara said.

I shrugged at Wedge, who simply shrugged in return.

"Luke, here's what we need you to do." She quickly explained. "Can you do it?"

I thought about it for a moment. "Yes."

"Good. Now, I need complete control of the ship." Mara looked at Wedge. He and I had been sitting in the two seats on board while Mara and Yané talked.

Wedge held up his hands and moved out of the way. "She's not the kind of woman you want to mess with." He muttered to me as I gave up my seat for Yané.

"You're telling me." I whispered back.

If Mara heard us, she chose to ignore us. "Our ship is almost guaranteed to have been ID'd. Yané?"

"I'll take care of it."

"The long-range sensors on here or horrible. We'll have to make do." Mara settled back in her seat.

"You realize our lives are in the hands of these two women." Wedge continued under his breath. "And you know how flighty they can--"

"Wedge Antilles, I heard that." Yané said without turning around.

I laughed. It was nice to have a slight break from the tension of my life every once in a while.

"We'll have to do this fast, or--"

"--they'll send for help before we can block their transmission." Yané finished for Mara. "Don't worry, I have it covered."

Mara turned her head, so I saw her give Yané a half-smile. "I'm used to working alone." It was the closest to an apology I'd ever heard from her.

"No problem. I'm used to working with other people." Yané replied.

Mara was again focused completely on the computer screen in front of her. "We should be close...there! Long-range sensors have detected a surveillance ship. ID 331-268. Perfect."

Yané's fingers traced across the buttons on her console. "Tell you what, the long-range sensors may be horrible, but the transmitter-scrambler on here is a beauty. Their communications have been blocked." She smiled in satisfaction.

"Good. Their weapons are minimal. Shields to maximum." Mara said. "We have to disable them--but not too much, or we won't be able to fly it. And try to keep their weapons' intact. It will make our job later a lot easier if we have any emergencies."

Yané was already getting ready to fire as soon as she was within visual range. "I know. We have to do this quick. They probably already identified us. We have to take out their primary thrusters, and

15. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Wow Qwi, sorry to have been in lurker mode the past couple of posts. DRL, what can I say!

Wonderful post! I really enjoyed the banter between Wedge and Yane`. That was priceless! :D

Now to rescue Leia... *cringe* Nothing ever goes right with a rescue...

16. Jadis_Ionian

Jadis_Ionian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    LOL, flighty women! [face_laugh] Somehow that description doesn't come to mind when I think of Mara and Yane!
    Great post, Qwi! :D They're running out of time... :eek:

*Jadis*

17. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm echoing Marawannabe and Jadis for my response - because I'm lazy and hungry.......off to cook my supper!

18. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    That was an awesome post, Qwi! I'd sit here and rave about it for a few minutes if I didn't have to go practice a vocal piece for competition tomorrow, but I do, so bye! ;)

19. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Never underestimate these women Wedge. :)
    That was a good trick to get them down on the planet. Now the action really starts I guess. Now I hope that we get another Kiss before they start fighting the bad guys. :D
    Sorry, the mush thing comes out every once in a while. I can't control it.

20. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    ::points at Maraiah's post::

See Qwi?? SEEE!!!

KISS KISS!!!

That was a great post tho...REALLY clever with the docking arms. What a cliffhanger as well...I need to know whats going to happen!!

21. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Great post, I can just picture Leia "Aren't you all a little short for stormtroopers?" HEHE!

22. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    *winces* I feel like something is not right, there is too many doubts and "maybe's" circling around. Well, at least they have Yane with them, if they need help. Still, that doesn't put me at ease. Wonderful post!

Am [face_love]

23. TreeCave

TreeCave Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Sorry I've been lurking and not posting. This is coming along very nicely! The suspense is building!

24. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
  25. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I've been lurking. Sorry, Qwi. Just want to let you know I'm still reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.