main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whispers in the Night: a young Mara/Luke story, very AU; COMPLETED 3/26/02 *TAGGED*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Qwi_Xux, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
  2. Jadis_Ionian

Jadis_Ionian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Just a random UP because I feel like it...and because I can. :D

*Jadis*

3. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
  4. LeiaSkywalker

LeiaSkywalker Jedi Master star 3

Mar 31, 2001
    Upping this!!!

Great post, Qwi! :)

5. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    *sticks out lower lip* More?

6. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Mara-Hehe, I agree--SW rescues can be very interesting. [face_devil]

Jadis- :D Thanks!

Liz-Hehehe, hope dinner was good. ;)

Mcily-Thanks for taking the time to read this in your horribly busy school schedule--I hope the competition went well, and I hope you did great on your SATs, though I'm sure you did. :)

Mariah-Ah, yes, the mush. [face_mischief] It comes out on me in spurts, too, I'm afraid.

Jaded-Yes, yes, kiss kiss. ;) Your persistance just might pay off.

Tych-Yes! Exactly! :D

Am-Thanks, and yes, things are a little iffy right now. [face_devil] Mwahahaha! *crazy mood is kicking in...sorry...*

TreeCave-Thanks for letting me know you're there! It's nice to know you're still reading! :)

Mcily-Thanks for the ups!

Mom-Thanks for telling me! :D

Maul- [face_blush] Aww, thanks!

Jadis-Hehe, thank you for the uppers! :cool:

Mcily-And thank you again!

Leia-Thanks a whole lot! :D

Mcily-More very soon! Really!!!

7. Maul Brady

Mar 12, 1999
    *pouts on the floor like an egotistical baby* Me want a postie!!!

8. TreeCave

TreeCave Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    I would just like to add that upon seeing the new trailer last week, I became more convinced than ever that Obi-Wan must be Mara's father. They're identical personality twins! Anybody else notice that? He's so sarcastic and grumpy and critical.... and yet ya just wanna ruffle his hair and give him a great big hug.

Okay, that last bit is probably a matter of personal taste. :D

9. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I want a new post!!!! pwease?

::::eek:ffers chocolate cake with tiny x-wing sprinkles and sweet creamy chocolate frosting::::

10. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    I'm think I'm going to like Obi better in AOTC than I did in TPM, when he was sort of, well, flat. At least compared to the later Sir Alec Guiness performance of him. :)

11. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Need some air cover in your battle with ol' DRL? Cuz I've got an X-wing here if you need the help.

Tych_sel

12. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Maul-I'll try to have one up tonight, 'k?

TreeCave-HAHA--hanks for sharing. Just backs up the storyline. :D

Liz-OOH! OOOOH! X-Wing sprinkles??? How can I resist? Post VERY soon!

Mcily-Awww, he's just younger so he's umm...learning. Yeah. :cool:

Tych-I may just take you up on that. ;)

Really, guys, I should have a post up tonight. I have the ending actually planned out (that's very big for me--if you didn't notice, I tend to write as I go. I'll have a basic outline, but characters and events seem to come in and out spontaneously...it's like a disease! ;) ) But my husband was letting me ramble about the ending to this and he threw a bunch of ideas at me, so my brain was put into high-gear and I have lots of plans now. [face_devil]

13. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Qwi, don't make excuses for the prequel Obi. Nothing will convince me. I don't like prequel stuff, remember? ;)

14. Jadis_Ionian

May 27, 2001
    Post tonight? Yay!
    If we don't get another kiss soon I might have to join JadedofMara in the Kiss-Kiss Brigade!
    BTW, this is kind of random, but does anyone happen to know how it is appropriate to address a female superior officer in the military? My friend and I ran into this problem in a role-playing game we do together, when I created a new commanding officer (it had been male before). It just doesn't seem right to call her "sir", and "ma'am" didn't really work either.

*Jadis*

15. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Mcily-Awwww...well, I tried. ;)

Jadis-Another member for the Kiss-Kiss Brigade?!? [face_shocked] I guess I'd better just give you guys another kiss, huh? :D

Okay, here's the post, in honor of Mcily completing her SAT'S!!!

MARA

During all my training, I had never worn a stormtrooper uniform. I would have expected it to be hot, but it not only had air vents, it had a cooling system, as well. I decided that Palpatine must not have been the one to design to uniforms, because comfort would have been the last thing on his mind.

The execution was to be held in front of the main headquarters of the Senate, which was on the other side of the planet. I had a strong, itchy kind of feeling that Palpatine wasn't just going to end the lives of the Rebels...he could very well put an end to what little was left of the Republic. He had been looking for the opportunity to do it for a while, and this was a perfect time to complete his task of having an Empire completely under his control. Not that he didn't already have complete control, but with the Senate still standing, it caused the deluded people to believe that the Republic still stood, and that they still had some say in the way their galaxy was being run.

It wasn't the first time I had thought about this, but it was the first time that I actually felt pity for the people. They had allowed themselves to become so blinded--very much like myself. I glanced through my helmet at Luke and Yané. We had an opportunity to save them...a very small, unlikely chance...I honestly wasn't sure if I expected to come out of this alive. In the end, it didn't really matter. There was no way I could turn back now.

"We need to find somewhere to stay for the night." I told my companions. "The stormtroopers are assigned barracks, but we should stay out of sight. I don't think our benefactors of this lovely armor are awake yet...with the dosage we gave them, they shouldn't wake up until after all this is over." It might have been a mistake to leave the stormtroopers alive and on board our ship, without blowing it up. After all, I knew that if they turned themselves in, they would be killed by Palpatine or Vader for failing to do their duty. I might have saved them the misery. I knew I was going to have to kill in the ordeal that we faced tomorrow, anyway. I had killed plenty of times. However, we had instead pumped the two stormtroopers that I had stunned full of tranquilizers, then set the ship to an automatic hyperdrive. By the time planetary defense would have gotten to the spot where we had been attacked, the ship would have been gone, and wound up on the other side of the galaxy.

Luke, though...he had said that if there was ever a way to avoid killing, that was the road you should take. And I was sick to death of killing. Which was why the two stormtroopers were drugged up and sent off in an old ship.

"Mara, where's Palpatine?" Yané wanted to know. "Is he here?"

I knew what she was asking. Did he know I was here? "The wall around my link to him is still boxed off. But...the closer we get to the Senate, the more I can sense him. He may not be able to get through my mind, but as soon as we get near enough, he's going to sense me, too. That's why we need to get somewhere away from the Senate to stay tonight, and in the morning, we'll get to the execution." We had already discussed rescuing the prisoners before the execution, but had learned from a holonet news report that the Rebels were being held in an orbiting prisoner station. They would be brought down in the morning, shortly before the actual execution. That left our time to rescue them very short. It also meant that we were probably going to have to defeat Palpatine and Vader at the same time--so we had to plan, and fast.

Finding accommodations was easy. No one would turn away a stormtrooper--let alone three. We got one room at a place nearby, and pulled off the armor as soon as we had locked the door.

"All right," Yané announce

16. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    ::grins like a maniac::

:D :D :D :D

Kiss Ki-no, just kidding! :D

I am ready for some save-the-princess ACCCCTIIIIONNN!!!!

WOOHOO!

17. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    You can't stop there!

Nice way to work the kiss in. I hadn't thought that Vader might not know that Luke was his son. That makes the dynamics so much more interesting.

Looking forward to the Save the Princess Action!! as much as Jaded of Mara. :)

18. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    yeah!!!!! Qwi posted! wowsers, that was worth the wait. I hope it won't be that long for another post.

I'm ready for some save the princess action, too. :)

So, was Sabe safe?

19. Jadis_Ionian

May 27, 2001
    Augh, not a cliffie! :eek:
    Great post, though! Nice trick Mara used, using the Emperor's overconfidence to her advantage.
    Yay, a kiss! And a very nice one, too (of course). :D

*Jadis*

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    [face_love] [face_love] I love you, Qwi!! We've been given the gift of those three special words. From the looks of it, those "new" ideas will be awesome. I'm tempted to say 'What's next?' The inhumanity of it all, you know and I don't :p

Am [face_love]

21. LeiaSkywalker

LeiaSkywalker Jedi Master star 3

Mar 31, 2001
    A cliffhanger, Qwi???? You're mean!!! :D

Oh, the scene between them was so beautiful!!! Mush mush mush!!! [face_love]

Does this post mean we're getting to the end? :( I need more!!! :D Already!!! :D

22. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Great post Qui! I can't wait to see how you handle this, although the image of a bunch of Rebels infiltating Coruscant right under the noses of Palpatine and Vader reminded me a lot of Shadows of the Empire. Keep up the good work, I hope to see another post soon. As always...

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

23. Darth_Square_Blankey

Darth_Square_Blankey Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2002
    Oh, Lukie, you in truuuble!

Kisses! Yea!!!

Hmm, if Darth Vader doesn know that Luke's his son . . . [face_devil] I can just see it. "Vader . . . I am your son!"

"Nooooo! It can't be! That's impossible!"

"Muahahahahahahahahahaha!"

24. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Jaded- :D Save-the-princess action coming soon!

Mom-Yeah, I hadn't thought of Vader not knowing, either, until I was writing, and I was faced with a difficult dilemma...but I think I fixed it. ;)

Liz-Yes, last known Sabé was safe on Alderaan. She wasn't at the Palace when the Rebels were caught. :)

Jadis-Thanks! And yes, I'm horrible about leaving cliffies. [face_mischief]

Am-Hehe, glad you enjoyed it. Inhumanity? Coming from me? [face_shocked] :D Probably.

Leia-I know, I'm awful. ;) And yes, it will be coming to a close pretty soon. Not sure how many more posts, though. (I'm usually never sure until I realize it's the end. :D )

Tych-Ooops...hehe, I don't think I ever read Shadows of the Empire, so I really wasn't trying to copy anything!

Mcily *cough* Umm...Blankey-(In a weird mood, huh? ;) ) LOL! Nice dialogue!

25. Maul Brady

Mar 12, 1999
    WOAH WOAH WOAH
    Wait a minute! I SOOO have missed something here...

Obi-wan is Mara's Father??????? When did this happen!!!?!??!

See, this is what happens when you're in friggin' college and have to read these lovely fics oh so fast......grr....... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.