main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whispers in the Night: a young Mara/Luke story, very AU; COMPLETED 3/26/02 *TAGGED*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Qwi_Xux, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    taking a break from writing one of my many stories (I'm writing/typing up to post later, about 4 or 5 stories), to say:

good ending!

For a moment there, I was so sure you would pull a "Zahn" and have Mara say, "Wait a minute, I'll come with you."

:_| its over! :(

Well, any chances for a sequel? ;)

2. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    *applause*

Qwi, that was an absolutely riviting and beautiful ending to a wonderful story!

Congratulations on a job well done! :)

3. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Now, it is I who doesn't know what to say. I'm truely speechless! I don't know how I can thank you for writing a story with such detail and plotline, such as this. For now all I can say is thank you and shower you with chocolates and roses *giant hugs*

Am [face_love]

4. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I'm back, but I haven't caught up yet. Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten you, Qwi!

5. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Oh that was great. Thank you for sharing this with us. It is so nice to see a story actually finished and not be left hanging. Wonderful job with all the characters and Thanks for Mara's rules. They were one of my favorite things you did with her character.

So do you have any stories planned for the future?

6. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Wonderful ending! Only one little thing I didn't like about it.

It's the ENDING!!! I don't want this one to end! It's too good a story to end! :_|

:p

Just kidding. It was a great story. Thank you for writing it. :)

7. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    *bottom lip trembles* It's over??? *cries*

Wow Qwi, awesome ending! I really enjoyed everything about this fic! This was the first fanfic I ever read on this board, and now the time has come to move on. *sigh* Congratulations on finishing! *cheers* Is there more L/M is your future???

*puppy dog eyes* Please??? :D

8. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Liz-A sequel? Right now? I don't think so...the last time I did a sequel I wound up doing a whole trilogy, and then a follow-up! I liked the way this ended. :)

Saber-Thanks! :D

Am-Thanks a lot, Am! *returns hugs* And thanks for the chocolate (sugar-free, right? ;) ) and the roses. :cool: And thanks for all the timeyou put into reading all of my stories. It means a lot to me.

Mcily-Great--let me know what you think of the end when you get there! :)

Mariah-Probably--it seems like I can't stop writing. [face_mischief] I'm just don't think the next thing I write will be Mara/Luke.

jadesaber-You're welcome. Thank you for reading it. :D

Mara-This was your first story? I'm honored. Glad you enjoyed it so much! If there are any more Mara/Luke stories in me, I'm sure you'll see it up. :cool:

9. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    *GGGGGGGGAAAASSSSSSPPPP* It's over????????????

BRAVO! BRAVO! Encore! Encore!

Oh my God, this was one heck of a rollercoaster ride! *sniff sniff*
    We loves you, Qui! We do!! This story was unbelievably grrrrrrrrreat!!

"Wait a minute, I'll come with you." LOLOL, Yeah I thought she was gonna say that too! Would have been nice ;)

Qui, we thank you humbly for this great opportunity!! We hope that sometime in the future you write again! :) Me wishes you the best with your Rykie! :)

We loves you! :)

10. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    *GGGGGGGGAAAASSSSSSPPPP* It's over????????????

BRAVO! BRAVO! Encore! Encore!

Oh my God, this was one heck of a rollercoaster ride! *sniff sniff*
    We loves you, Qui! We do!! This story was unbelievably grrrrrrrrreat!!

"Wait a minute, I'll come with you." LOLOL, Yeah I thought she was gonna say that too! Would have been nice ;)

Qui, we thank you humbly for this great opportunity!! We hope that sometime in the future you write again! :) Me wishes you the best with your Rykie! :)

We loves you! :)

11. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    very very very very very very good. That's the best I can say.

bye

12. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Wow... that was just wonderful! And on my birthday too, I'll consider that a nice little birthday gift ;)

I can't believe its over :(

But the story was just a great read.

13. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I loved the ending. It was perfect. I enjoyed the entire story. :)

14. Jadis_Ionian

Jadis_Ionian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    That was awesome, Qwi! My vocabulary cannot cope...
    It, too, would be interested in any other Mara/Luke stories you write.
    Oh, I really liked how you got the title in at the end. That was neat. And a nice way of winding it up. :D

*Jadis*

15. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Maul- [face_blush] Thanks a lot!

Ghent-Thanks for sticking it out with me. :)

j_a-Thank you, and I hope your birthday was a great one! :cool:

Mom-Thanks for reading it! :D

Jadis-Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! :)

16. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Yep Qwi, this was my first fanfic read on these boards. I found it right after Christmas, and loved being carried away to a world occupied by two of my favorite characters. Thanks so much for the wonderful entertainment all these months!

17. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Wow. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. That was sooooooo beautiful, Qwi! *sobs into Qwi's shoulder* I love how you incorporated the dialogue in the second to last post. It was riveting, every moment of the entire story.

I remember reading the very beginning, and thinking what an unusual and interesting premise it was. Now at the end I think exactly the same thing, but include that your writing is gorgeous and your characters so rounded and real that they could almost step out of the computer and walk down the street.

Excellent, excellent story! If there's a sequel writing itself in your mind, then I would love to read it. If not, then that was a spectacular ending as is!

18. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    WOW!!!!

That was soo GOOD...she finnally see Obi-Wan...all this good stuff...wow wow wow.

I want more!!!

Please please please...write Luke and Mara SOMETIME in the future? Pwease???

And one last time, jsut for old-times sake...

Kiss Kiss!!!!

:D :D :D

19. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Okay, caught up on this almost a week ago, and am just now posting. I really liked the way you ended this Qui, with Mara and Ben finally getting some things settled. I too would like to see a sequel, but if that's not in the cards, well, I'm glad that you decided to share this story with us.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

20. Corran-sec

Corran-sec Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2002
    That was ACE!
    I'd like to say thank you VERY
    VERY
    VERY
    VERY
    VERY
    VERY
    VERY
    VERY
    VERY
    much for writing the story. You write some of the best storries I've read, and I think that everyone else here will agree that you are one of the best writers on the boards.

ACE STOY!

21. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Mara-You're welcome! :D Thanks for reading it!!

Mcily-Thank you so much! It was an honor to have you read this. I'm glad you liked it so much. :)

Jaded-LOL! Hehe, I'll always remember you for the Kiss-Kiss, you know. ;)

Tych-Thanks a lot! :)

Corran-You're welcome, and thank you so much for the compliments. I'm really glad you enjoy my writing. Thanks for reading it. :D

22. TreeCave

TreeCave Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Very nice!!! Sorry I didn't reply earlier - was in the middle of moving, and still don't have a good internet connection.

This was a nice treat, though! Thank you! :)

23. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    *preens* An honor to have me read this, eh? ;) I loved it, Qwi. Just perfect. :)

24. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    TreeCave-Thank you for reading it! :)

Mcily-Just perfect???? [face_blush] Probably not...but I enjoyed writing it a lot, and I'm glad you liked it. ;)

25. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Hey Qwi!

Sorry I got way behind, but I really enjoyed how you ended the story. As others have said, your twists on the familiar premise were quite interesting. I loved how you worked in familiar dialogue. ;) And Mara seeing Ben's ghost was nice -- I wonder if Luke and/or Leia ended up seeing their Dad.
    It's probably not as important that they do, but it was really pivotal for Mara to talk to her dad.

I think this ended too perfectly for a sequel, but I would be interested to know if you start another project. :)

~Marie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.