main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Whispers of the Past -- (Post-NJO) A Zekk viggy [Z/J in a way]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Elfsheen, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Author: Elfsheen
    Title: Whispers of the Past
    Timeframe: Post-NJO
    Characters: Zekk
    Disclaimer: the usual, I don't own SW, only the OC's and I'm not making money of this
    Author's Note: Inspired by George Michael's Careless Whispers.

[b]Whispers of the Past[/b]

The doors opened

Music rushed in my ears like a ship going into hyperspace and it filled my senses with a million things. I walked in and behind me the doors were closed again by the honour guard. Before me was a huge ball room with dance floor filled with hundreds of people of various species and various outfits. My formal wear was already starting to feel uncomfortable and itching in all the wrong places. It reminded me of a banquet I once went to. My stomach twitched uncomfortable.

?Zekk, I?m so glad you could make it!? a familiar voice sounded. I turned sideways to see Senator Leia Organa Solo walk towards me, elegant as ever. If there is one think about the senator and former Chief of State, she is certainly not plaintiff.

?Senator,? I said with a formal bow.

A genuine smile crossed her aging face. ?Stop it, Zekk. How long have we known each other now and how many times do I have to ask you to call me Leia??

I matched her smile with one of my own. ?On formal occasions at least a few times more. I?ve got a reputation to maintain.?

She shook her head at that, laughing softly. ?Dare I ask what made you decide to come, Zekk? I know you?re not fond of formal occasions.? She took my arm and let me to the punch.

?I?ve a lost a lot of good friends during this war. We all have lost so much. It?s because of them I want to make sure that the Galactic Alliance is all it could be. If that means going to formal occasions, I?ll go.?

A contemplative look crossed the Senator?s face as I handed her a bowl of punch. ?I once thought like you, Zekk. You?re very brave.?

I nodded my thanks then smiled. ?It doesn?t mean you?ll find me in the senate, but I?ll contribute in my own way.?

?Roguish as ever, I hear. I?m glad you came. Please excuse me, I?m going to save Han from some Twi?lek representatives before either one embarrass either themselves or each other,? she said with a smile.

I only nodded and turned my attention to the dance floor. The band played some slow love song that was all too familiar. I focused my attention on a young couple, who seemed to only have attention for each other. I once felt like that. I?d been that couple once.

I?d been in love. Once.

Jaina Solo had been the centre of my life. She?d been the only pure thing in my rotten life and she?d made me what I am today. Jaina made me realize there was actually something to live for, even if everything seemed like a lost cause. She had taught me courage and she?s taught me love. Even after we grew apart, she still shaped my life.

I don?t know the exact point when we realized we had grown miles apart, but after her younger brother?s death it seemed final. We could never go back to that place where we seemed to belong together. A wall was set between us.

I don?t even know if we?re still friends. I?d been part of life for a long time, but now I am put in the background. I think we both lack the stomach to be friends. It hurt too much. Certainly after her short brush with the Dark Side. We both knew we had lost too much, an innocence we could never get back.

I watched the couple walk from the dance floor to a nearby table, hand in hand and their gazes locked. No one could deny they were in love. There was that certain glow about them that couples in love had. I wondered if Jaina and I had had that glow. Then a thought crossed my thought. Had we ever been in love?

I moved to a chair and sat down, drink in my hand and listened to the beat of the music, tapping my foot with the rhythm.

Inevitably my thoughts went back to Jaina, like they had so many times before. I wondered what she was doing right now. I knew she wouldn?t be coming tonight. Han Solo had told me earlier that she was on Yavi

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Good post, Elfsheen :D I lived the first person perspective, and it looks like a really good start :)

?I?m Kya Haydin.

She sounded nice ;)

I wonder where this is going, and how you're going to bring Jaina in... [face_mischief]

3. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks Wes. For now nowhere, it'sjust a viggy. I have been thinking about a sequel, but I've got so much on my hands that I don't want to make any promises, this was more or less spontaneous ;)

4. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Hi there!
    This is a nice little bit of spontaneity.
    It seems like Zekk has realized that she moved on and he should too, which is a refreshing change from how he turns evil in some fics. (No offense meant to authors who have him like that. He's interesting that way too.)
    I like though how he realizes that she made an impression on his life and he can never change that. Sometimes you meet people who make a huge dent in who you are. So I guess I'm saying that feature gives it a realistic/truthful air.

Nice job, Elfsheen.

5. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks to you too SaF! I'm glad you liked it!

6. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Uppies

7. Saturniia

Saturniia Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2004
    Definite uppies. It's a nice perspective, I think.

8. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    It was interesting to see his perspective on the end of their relationship. That they just grew apart, but more importantly that Jaina had left a permanent mark on him. I liked that. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.