main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Whispers; Qui, Dook, lil Obi JAish: Qui-Gon struggles to deal with Xanatos' betrayal. *Completed*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Charmisjess, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Lovely continuation! Watching Dooku and Qui-Gon interact was wonderful and humorous and the foreshadowing gave me chills. Brrrrr! I haven't read many fics with Dooku still as a Jedi, and I have to say that I really enjoy your presentation of him. It fits with every image I've formed from what little there is in the movies.

Great job, and thanks for the PM! It's really helpful in keeping up with fics that I enjoy! :)

Stormqueen

2. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Oh! That's awesome!

More soon?

And I don't think I'm the same person....

Seven

3. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    Awesome continuation :D I love qui fics, and just having Dooku in it is great. Please keep me posted on your updates :)

4. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Great post! :) I loved the interaction between Qui and Dooku, and all those hints of sithliness from the soon-to-be Count. Why so venomous at the end? [face_thinking] Hmm... :confused:
    Can't wait for more!

5. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    [face_batting] Have I mentioned how much I love you readers? You are *so* kind. [:D]

Stella_Ripple: Aw, I'm so glad you like my Dooku! [face_blush] You have no idea how long I angst over if I'm writing him correctly or not. Thanks so much for the review!

JOINME: LOL-yes, about Obi the Acricorps boy, Dook is certainly in for a surprise. ;)

dianethx: Thanks! :D Yeah, it seemed right that even now Qui would see a little something in Obi.

Kynstar: LOL-Dook fix! Well, that's what it's here for, lol, Dookfixies...now since the movies are done I seem to be falling deeper and deeper into pre-JA for Dookness. Aw, and the last part I should have done before the end of the week....and, must it be the last part? aw, lol, don't say stuff like that, you know how impressionable I am, I'll end up writing a series. ;)

maychorian: Hehe, thanks, I'm glad you're liking it. Yeah, Dook I couldn't imagine being one for touching, lol.

Laurie: lolol, Dook is just generally pissy, isn't he always? You know, writing this kind of reminds me of our old rps with Qui and Dook screaming at each other. :D What good times those were.

Krayus_Korianis: Thanks! :) Will do!!

-Darksaber-: Aww, lol, *pulls Obi out of Dook's reach and gives him to you*

stormqueen874: *blushy* Thank you so much! Dooku is such a complexly fun character to write, and like you said, the movies give so little to go off of, so I always wonder if I'm doing him correctly.

Seven: Ah, well, was worth asking! :) Oh, oh, and yes, update very soon, just have to finish up my conclusion dealy. Thanks for reading!

lost_jedii: :D Qui and Dook are the best. Seriously, they are so fun to write. People should write them more often.

Bastet: Oooh, yeah, Dooku is getting all forshadowy, as he tends to do. ;) Thanks!!!

I should have the last chapter up by the end of the week! :)
    ~Jess[face_good_luck]

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Ohhh he could be quite prickly- interesting relationship betweeen them

7. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    *huggles Obi close, then kneels down to his level*

Me: Obi-wan, would like like to be my Padawan?

Obi-Wan: Erm...

Me: The others are planning on sending you to the Agricorps. I'm you're only hope.

Obi-Wan: Okay!

*Skips off merrily*

8. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    PadawanKitara: lol, prickily is a good word for him! :D Thanks for the review!!

-Darksaber- LOLOL!

*pats Qui comfortingly on the shoulder as you and Obi skip off into the sunset* He's gone to a better place, luv.

[face_laugh]

9. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    Well, here we go! Sorry, I know I promised to try to get this out a little sooner, but um....my personal life blew up. *nods* It exploded into drama. It's been a stressful bad times kinda week----but you're not here to listen to that, you're here for story!!! :D Whispers! Last, end, and final part! Thank you for reading this little runaway fic, and for encouraging me with your kind words. I always say it, but you guys really are great. --

?And I think that you?re overstepping your bounds.? Dooku was suddenly deadly serious. ?Do not presume to tell me how to live my life, Qui-Gon Jinn.? Then, with sudden venom. ?...especially not you.?

Abruptly, the turbo lift in front of them hissed open to reveal a startled-looking Knight, who stared at Qui-Gon first, and then Dooku, before brushing past them. Dooku rolled his eyes and stepped inside.

?Me?? Qui-Gon swallowed. Dooku?s words had made him feel oddly numb. Not angry, not offended at the sudden attack, but simply empty. As if the little woven cord of denial, acceptance, whatever he had been clinging to had just snapped away, leaving him dangling into space. ?What do you mean by that?? He asked, his tone calm but his voice itself shaking. And there it was. He knew exactly what Dooku had meant. He didn?t really know why he was bothering to ask.

Dooku met his eyes regretfully, shaking his head slightly before hitting the close button on the lift. The lift?s doors started to slide shut.

So it?s goodbye again.

?What do you mean by that?!? Qui-Gon yelled suddenly, surprising himself with the intensity of his own emotion. No. Dooku wasn?t doing this to him. He wasn?t eighteen anymore. He didn?t have to take this. He hadn?t come through all of the trials and pain of the last few months to be emotionally blackmailed by the likes of Dooku, because the former Master was having a bad day.

He shoved his hand through the thin crack the closing doors hadn?t yet swallowed up. Immediately, the automatic stop feature swished the doors back open, revealing yet again, Dooku.

?You ought to be careful, Qui-Gon.? From inside the lift, Dooku raised an elegant eyebrow at him, making him feel, as always, thoroughly patronized. ?Excessive shouting leads to the dark side. Or...? His tone was painfully dry. ?...so I?m told.?

Qui-Gon said nothing. He simply stared at him.

?Oh, come on.? Dooku finally gestured into the lift, with a little sigh. ?I didn?t mean anything by it. I?m only implying that....well...? He seemed to consider, and then settle on a half-truth, in the same fashion that Qui-Gon had hedged about the Council rumors. ?You would have to be hopelessly naive to think that I am the only subject of gossip in this Temple.?

?Gossip?? Qui-Gon said, meeting Dooku?s eyes with steel. ?You mean about Xanatos? About what happened on Telos??

Dooku nodded, for the first time quiet.

For a moment there was silence between them. Then Dooku exhaled, slowly, shakily. Qui-Gon didn?t need to actually speak it. He knew. The look in his eyes said it all.

?So it?s true?? Dooku breathed. His eyes not leaving Qui-Gon?s, he absently depressed the lift?s button for the next floor. ?Xanatos?I hadn?t really believed?I...had hoped they were only whispers...I thought...?

Qui-Gon nodded.

?Oh, child.?

All the tension between them sucked in and then broke apart, storm clouds scattering after their squall is spent. For an instant, Qui-Gon had the wild desire to cry. To simply fall to pieces here in the lift, and tell Dooku everything: everything Xanatos had screamed at him, and done, and all the trembling little fears that had been chewing him up inside ever since. Some vestige of his apprenticeship had left a safe feeling associated with Dooku; for all his faults, he was all that Qui-Gon had.

But Dooku really wasn?t that safe. Not anymore. And the moment passed.

?I know how you feel.? Dooku was saying quietly, looking him directly in the eyes for perhaps the first time. ?You remember Synian??

?It isn?t the same.? Qui-Gon said short

10. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    OK that was just a lovely ending. I was sad to see it end, but it was just..lovely.

I loved how Qui-Gon finally told Dooku what happened..

Alright, well, you liked Kenobi. The ultimate living force charity project, no?? [face_laugh]

?I foresee a bond, Qui-Gon?? [face_laugh]

Love the humour!

and also-

His eyes were strangely soft.

He glanced back. ?Yes??

?It?ll be alright, child.?

:_| :_| That was such a sweet and heartwarming way to end!

thanks for sharing such a great fic! :)

oh and..
    It's been a stressful bad times kinda week---- [face_worried] now, we can't have that!

I hope you're feeling much better soon! *Hugs* [:D]

11. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awww that was such a lovely lovely ending, my dear! So sweet of Dooku to reassure Qui-Gon at the very end.

Brilliantly done :)

12. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh oh oh oh!! *melts*

*Dreamy sigh* Oh got me a Dooku fix for today!!! [face_love]

I soooo loved this!

?Xanatos.? Qui-Gon stepped out of the lift as it whooshed to a halt. He whirled through the scene in his mind for the thousandth time since he had left Telos. Since he had left Xan. ?He?s still alive, he?s still out there, somewhere.? He turned on Dooku, his expression heartbroken. ?I couldn?t do it. I needed to kill him, I should have killed him, maybe even a little part of me wanted to...but I couldn?t.? He rubbed his eyes wearily. ?Please tell me, Master, did I act wrongly??

?Wrongly? I do not think so, child. You acted out of your heart, despite the consequences. That has always been your way.? Dooku murmured, after a few moments are thought. ?There is no shortage of death in the name of justice in our Order these days, Qui-Gon. Sometimes a little grace can go a very long way.?

So elegantly said!

This was great too!

?If you hear any more wonderful rumors about me, do drop a line.? Dooku said, looking wearily amused. ?It would be nice for me to hear at least what I?ve been doing.?

?Likewise, Master.? Qui-Gon smiled, and clapped him briefly on the shoulder. He realized that he was as tall as Dooku now. It was strange that he had never noticed before. ?The Council seems to be under the impression that I follow in your footsteps.?

?What an awful thing to think of someone!? Dooku started toward the door. ?Well, go prove them wrong.?

And this! *warm fuzzies*

?Oh, and Qui-Gon?? Dooku paused, suddenly, turning back to look at his former Padawan for a moment. His eyes were strangely soft.

He glanced back. ?Yes??

Well written!! =D= Oh what a wonderful ending! [face_dancing]

You have given our wonderful Count-to-be credit that he is overly due!! [:D] Thanks for the Dooku fix! I sooo need it after such a bad morning I've had!

13. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Brilliant last post. I'm sad it's over.

I especially loved the way Dooku kept calling Quiggy "child". It was very heart-warming.

Jodie-Wan

14. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Oh! That was uber cute!

Seven

15. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    ?Oh, and Qui-Gon?? Dooku paused, suddenly, turning back to look at his former Padawan for a moment. His eyes were strangely soft.

He glanced back. ?Yes??

AWWWWWW!!! Great chapter. [face_love]

16. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Awwwwwwwwwww..... (collapses into gooey pile of mush) Your story is wonderful, Charmisjess! I love the interaction between Qui-Gon and Dooku; it's playful, yet serious, and extremely well written.

Great job! =D=

Stormqueen

17. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    JOINME: Awww, thank you such much!! :) [:D] You're awesome. Yep, I'm feeling a lot better now, it'll be all good soon. :D

Laurie: Hehe, thanks Laurie! I'm glad you read my stuff, you're so encouraging and great. Someday I'll write you your Quiggy torture fic. ;)

Kynstar: Haha, I'm so glad to have bettered your morning! :D Yeah, Dook needs lots and lots of fics so everyone remembers how cool he is. ^^

-Darksaber-: Thanks a lot! ^^ Yeah, "child" for some reason, I can see Chris Lee saying that clearly, so whenever Dook is being mushy, it's child. lol, weird.

Seven: Thanks! :)

LilQui-Gon: Aw, hehe, thank you for reading!! I'm glad you liked it!

stormqueen874: I appreciate that so much...Qui and Dook are so fun to write, it's awesome to hear that I'm doing them alright on some level. :) Thank you for reading!!

18. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    Last...post.... :( :(

But a really really excellent last post!!!! :D :D :D I loved it, your a great writer!!! :) I really loved all the interaction between Qui and Dooku, fics like that are always touching. Makes me sad to think what happens though :( I need to go watch AOTC again to see that fight of Dooku against Obi/Anakin and then Yoda :D.

Anyways, great job :D

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    FOr all that he warmed up in the end, I'm not sure I actually like Dooku

20. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    lost_jedii: Aww *hugs* :D Thank you!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading!

PadawanKitara: Oh, well, I guess he's not for everyone. :) Thanks for reading!

21. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Loved this!

I almost liked Dooku (just a little though)
    He had his moments I guess:

Take another Padawan,? Qui-Gon repeated, beginning to warm up to the thought. ?It would give you something to focus on, to work at, to keep you company...? ...keep you out of trouble

Oh, Qui don?t even suggest that...don?t doom anyone to Dooku

?And I think that you?re overstepping your bounds.? Dooku was suddenly deadly serious. ?Do not presume to tell me how to live my life, Qui-Gon Jinn.? Then, with sudden venom. ?...especially not you.?
    :slaps Dooku for Qui Gon:

?I think you ought to take another Padawan.?

Oh, now this is more up my alley. Dooku talking him into taking a padawan...how ironic

?If you hear any more wonderful rumors about me, do drop a line.? Dooku said, looking wearily amused. ?It would be nice for me to hear at least what I?ve been doing.?

Dooku, that sneaky wannabe sith...having Qui-Gon spy for him
    Being nice with other motives...
    Oh, the sooner Kenobi gets trained...

Great story!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.