main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Whispers (young Jocasta adventure; Dooku, OC's) -- Chapter 10: Gathering Dusk - up 8/13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Nienna_Narmolanya, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Nienna - [face_shame_on_you] you keep leaving us hanging! What is going on?! Update soon!

I love how you've got so much going on in this...Jocasta and Dooku's meeting was great! lol...I look forward to seeing how they get along...and what Dooku's up to?....:confused:

=D=

2. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Kynstar - Loved how you described the Archives! Thank you! :D I was trying to work on my description skills and it seems to have paid off! Jo certainly has something coming... [face_mischief]

Mathom - Ah yes, Dooku. A mysterious one he is... [face_mischief] Stay tuned to find out more, and thanks for reading! :)

Stormqueen - Yay! You made it! :D If the little changes are what you're looking for, you will find plenty - thanks to your wonderful suggestions! [:D]

Kes - you keep leaving us hanging! Such is the function of a cliffhanger, my friend. :p Thank you for the kind words! :D

[b]*CurrentPM List*[/b]
    - Mathom
    - Kynstar
    - bdenes
    - Kestrel_Kenobi
    - Katieelessar
    - Stormqueen
    (If anyone wishes to be added or removed at any time, please let me know.)

[hr]

[u][b]Chapter Four: Duel in the Dark[/b][/u]

At exactly two and a half standard hours, Jocasta slipped out of bed and tiptoed down the hall past some of her clanmates quarters to the common room, dimly lit by a few lamp-rods, and from there down the five and six year olds? hallway. She didn?t allow herself to ponder the foolishness of her actions or the very real possibility that Dooku was setting her up for a fall. Why else would he be doing this? Even after hours of thought, she still couldn?t come up with any other motives for his seemingly random actions?besides that he was indeed trying to be nice, which didn?t make sense at all.

She was nearly caught at one point when one of the sleeping room doors opened suddenly and a small boy looked out, yawning and rubbing his eyes. Jocasta plastered her body to the wall and froze, holding her breath. The Force must have been on her side though, because the boy turned around without a word and crawled back into his bunk, the door closing behind him. Jocasta almost crumpled to the floor in relief.

Once in the girls? ?fresher, she pried the grate from the wall as quietly as possible?Dooku had failed to mention how heavy it was?and shimmied into the dark, gaping hole of the coolant duct. She crawled by using her hands to pull the rest of her body along, all the while an incessant draft of cool air blowing in her face, making her nose twitch. The trek seemed endless, the sense of time snatched away by the unbroken blackness, and she was very much aware that she had no way of backing up.

Just when she began to think Dooku had played the cruelest joke imaginable on her, a faint light appeared up ahead and another grate came into view. Wrapping her fingers around the durasteel slats, she pulled up and pushed until it fell away with an echoing clatter. She tensed, sweat beading on her forehead, as she waited in silent agony for an irate master to come charging through the classroom?s door and kick her out of the Temple for good.

But nothing happened, and after a few, long minutes, Jocasta started breathing again. She peeked her head out of the duct to check out where it had brought her. The room was dark, but a muted light shone through the transparisteel door from the mounted lamp-rods in the corridor beyond, outlining the shapes of tables and chairs.

A classroom.

So Dooku hadn?t lied after all.

Squeezing out of the grate opening, she winced at the unnatural way her body was forced to bend, and it took a few minutes before she finally plopped out on the floor, a dust cloud billowing up around her. She stifled a sneeze. She was almost glad the room was dark, just so she wouldn?t have to see the state of her once-white tunic. Groping her way among the tables and tripping over chair legs on her way to the door, Jocasta instantly changed her mind about the amount of light, but she eventually made it to the corridor unscathed.

The Temple hallways were surprisingly quiet at night, she found. With all the stories she?d heard from the other younglings about insomniac knights and hoverchair races among the elder masters, she?d expected to see more movement in the halls. So far, she

3. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Woo hoo! First reply! (I think...) :D

Anyway, lovely update, Nienna! I really enjoyed this part, simply because I love watching Jocasta and Dooku interact. If you're planning on writing another fic with the two of them in it, I'd love to beta it! (Then she doesn't have to wait on tenterhooks for updates... [face_devil]) I love seeing how you've fleshed things out here and there between the characters; at least, I'm pretty sure you have. I don't have my copy to compare with handy, but I feel like there's a lot more between them than I remember reading, and it's all wonderful. :)

Great job! I can't wait till you update again!

Stormqueen

4. Mathom

Mathom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 2006
    Wonderful update! Jocasta doesn't get a break does she? In one day, she gets told she has a fear/insulted twice and then she has nasty nightmares about her past. But I for one think Dooku's telling the truth. He's the epitome of a loner, so I can believe that he doesn't have any friends. Children often hate those who a better at something than them just as much as they pick on those who are inferior. He and Jocasta are kindred spirits. They just need to come to an understanding that doesn't envolve Dooku's ego.

On a completely different note, the whole escape from the creche senario reminded me a lot of Harry Potter. Something about sneaking around dusty corridors in the middle of the night trying not to be caught by the masters/professors and being expelled. I suppose that would make Yoda Dumbledore and Jocasta Harry...oh great, I think I feel the bunnies biting... :D

Great job, I can't wait until the next enstallment! :)

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Well done once more!! Seeing Dooku prior to his actual instructing days as coooool! A lil insight to what is yet to come!

Poor guy :( no friends...I so know how that feeling is like (didn't have any friends in school up until High School and then it was like only 3). Feel for the guy and especially for Jo :( being picked on isn't fun.

Loved the whole dueling/instructing and their interaction! Well played out! =D=

6. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    The Temple hallways were surprisingly quiet at night, she found. With all the stories she?d heard from the other younglings about insomniac knights and hoverchair races among the elder masters, she?d expected to see more movement in the halls. So far, she hadn?t encountered a soul.

[face_laugh] - oh, i loved that Nienna! Great image!

The spookiness of this update was great...all that creeping around in the dark... [face_worried] kind of Harry Potterish...Wonderful dialogue between Jocasta and Dooku...I'm still clueless as to what's going on...but that's half the fun! :D

Fantastic m'dear! =D=

7. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    Stormqueen - Then she doesn't have to wait on tenterhooks for updates... Ah, now I see your plan. How deliciously clever... Sounds like something I would do. [face_devil] I might have to take you up on that. Jo and Dooku aren't leaving my brain alone... [face_mischief] Thanks for coming along - for the second time around! :D

Mathom - They just need to come to an understanding that doesn't envolve Dooku's ego. I completely agree. Their relationship is such a fun one to work with. ;) the whole escape from the creche senario reminded me a lot of Harry Potter. Harry Potter! Now that you mention it... [face_whistling] Thanks for reading! :D

Kynstar - no friends...I so know how that feeling is like Aww! [:D] I understand. Even though I have a great group of friends right now (a small one, but we're close-knit), I didn't always. I know what it feels like to be lonely. But on a happier note... thank you for the kind words! :D

Kes - Harry Potter again! What should I make of this? That I've read the books too many times? Never.[face_whistling] I'm still clueless as to what's going on...but that's half the fun! I just hope you're not still clueless at the end... [face_worried] As for the insomniac knights and hoverchair races, some credit must be given to two of Stormqueen's fics for the inspiration. ;) Thank you, Kes, for reading!

[b]*Current PM List*[/b]
    - Mathom
    - Kynstar
    - bdenes
    - Kestrel_Kenobi
    - Katieelessar
    - Stormqueen

(If anyone wishes to be added or removed at any time, please let me know.)

[hr]

[b][u]Chapter Five: Painful Truths[/u][/b]

The next day after classes found Jocasta once again hard at work in the Archives. After hours of bending over and reaching up, her back was screaming in pain, but she?d also managed to reshelf over half of the holos.

Master Tyone soon came to check on her. ?Very good,? she said, ?but don?t get too excited. I promised I?d keep you here until your meeting with Master Yoda, and that could be a few more days. I heard the Council is busy with an ugly border dispute on Cerilh. Look?s like you get to spend some more quality time with me.? The woman?s eyes danced and Jocasta tried hard not to groan.

Not that she was looking forward to her meeting with Master Yoda?

One standard hour later, she straightened up and stretched, moaning at the soreness in her back. She stumbled when she noticed the brown haired, quiet girl from the changing room standing on the opposite side of the console, smiling shyly. Putting one hand on her hip, Jocasta sighed and waited for her to speak. [i]What does she want now?[/i]

?Hello,? the girl said in a voice so soft, it could almost be labeled a whisper. ?My name is Mirne.? When Jocasta didn?t reply, her smile faltered, but she pressed on. ?Do you need any help??

?Mirne,? Jocasta began, hoping she?d gotten the name right; the girl had kind of mumbled it. ?I don?t need your help. This is my punishment, and I have to do it myself.?

The girl frowned. ?But you didn?t deserve it,? she said, making it sound as if that fact alone explained everything. ?I?ve seen how Linna goads you on and then sits back and laughs as you get in trouble. I don?t like it.?

?And you?ve come to this realization recently??

Mirne looked taken aback. ?I?I??

?Just leave me alone, okay? I don?t need your help.?

The petite girl nodded her mousy-haired head slowly and walked away. Jocasta watched her for a moment, wondering why she was suddenly a magnet for odd beings.

Feeling eyes on her, she glanced up and wasn?t surprised to see Master Tyone standing a few holocases away, regarding her thoughtfully.

?Jocasta,? the woman said suddenly, ?will you join me for a refreshment??

It was then that Jocasta noticed Tyone held two cups of water-like substance. The master?s skirt floated over the polished floor as she moved to sit at the nearest available data console, and setting the cups down, she motioned to

8. stormqueen874

Aug 7, 2005
    Aw! You know how much I love this story, and I just love the OCs you've made up for this. Tyone and Mirne are wonderful characters, and the way they interact with Jocasta to get her to work past her previous issues is wonderful. (Not that it's wonderful for Jocasta, who's been subjected to quite a bit of angst... but it's all for the best, right? :D)

Can't wait to read the next part!

Stormqueen

9. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Jo :( though I'm sure that the Master was only trying to help

How ironic! The woman's 'only infants cry' in order to get Jo not to cry is interesting cuz Dooku was not allow to cry (prior to being taken by the Order) at his folks' place. (Dark Rendezvous I do believe has a part of a flash back where Dooku pricks his finger on a rose and mentions about not crying cuz 'his family' does not)

Wonderful update once more! =D=

10. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    The Temple hallways were surprisingly quiet at night, she found. With all the stories she?d heard from the other younglings about insomniac knights and hoverchair races among the elder masters, she?d expected to see more movement in the halls. So far, she hadn?t encountered a soul.

[face_laugh] Insomniac knights and hoverchair races? That sounds like a fic in itself. ;)

I'm loving this story, Nienna! Since I seem to have trouble keeping track of the days, could you add me to your PM list, please? :D

11. Mathom

Jun 24, 2006
    Hmm...at this point, I think Master Tyone has motives just as murky as Dooku's in regard to Jocasta. I wonder what she's up to. [face_thinking] And what was the apology for? For what she said in the past, for what she's doing now, or for whatever evil sceme she has cooked up for the future?

Loved the Jocasta pout scene. I definitely did that on more than one occasion, when sent to my room. Ooh, it looks like the masters aren't on the same page. That's never a good thing. Especially for Jocasta.

What is it about Jocasta that no one who wants to be her friend goes about it in the right way. Both Dooku and Mirne have trying to befiend her in ways that make her look weak and like they feel sorry for her. They need to change their methods if they ever want to get through to her.

=D=Wonderful post! I can't wait until the next update!

12. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    i'm totally in love with this story! [face_love]

Kes told me about it and i'm so glad i came and got caught up!

i'm dying to know where the voices are coming from and why poor little Jocasta's parents abandoned her. Dooku is great and i want to kick Linna's butt.

your descriptions are lovely, they paint such a clear picture of the Temple and the Archives are brilliant!

please put me on the PM list!

13. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    I found that really sad to read :( ...I'm not sure what Tyone is up to? ...I like Mirne...so far...lol - great OCs Nienna...the ending of this was :_|.

You've really tugged on my heart strings with this post.

wonderful story you're weaving - update soon!

=D=

14. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    Stormqueen - Angst - always for the best. ;) Thank you! I'm glad my OC's work. I must say, Tyone was an interesting one to write. :)

Kynstar - Really? Like I said before, I haven't read Dark Rendezvous. That's interesting... [face_thinking] So Dooku and Jo are like kindred spirits also in respect to their upbringing, which probably caused them to have similar problems as they matured. But enough musing! Thanks for reading (and the extra info)! :D You've given me something to ponder.

amidalachick - Insomniac knights and hoverchair races? That sounds like a fic in itself. You had to say it, didn't you. Ah! Bunnies! :p Thank you! (for reading, not the bunny attack) ;) And you've been added to the PM list. :)

Mathom - Interesting thoughts. I always enjoy reading your thoughts. :) As for your question about Tyone's apology, I could answer that, but I think I'll let you stew over it instead. [face_devil] :p Thanks for reading!

Jennifer_Lyn - i'm totally in love with this story! [face_blush] Thank you! And I'm glad to have you along for the ride. :D I don't think you're the only one who wants to kick Linna's butt... :p You've been added to the PM list.

Kes - Tissue? [:D] I'm always making you cry... [face_whistling] Thanks for reading!

15. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    It's that time of week again... [face_mischief] ...and since I already did my replies, guess what's coming next!

*drumroll*

The PM List! :p

*Current PM List*
    - Mathom
    - Kynstar
    - bdenes
    - Kestrel_Kenobi
    - Katieelessar
    - Stormqueen
    - amidalachick
    - Jennifer_Lyn

(If you wish to be added or removed at any time, please let me know.)

And now for what you really came for...

[b][u]Chapter Six: Unexpected Defender[/u][/b]

The next morning, Jocasta literally fell out of bed with a groan to the annoying [i]beep-beep-beep[/i] of her alarm chrono. Stunned by her collision with the floor, she squinted up at the chrono on her bedside table without actually reading it before whacking the ?off? button. She glanced around, bleary eyed, wondering for a moment how she?d ended up with her backside on the floor. She stretched her arms, wincing when her neck complained painfully. Rubbing the sore muscles, she realized she must have fallen asleep where she?d been lying the night before. Then, as if trying to add to her misery, her stomach rumbled loudly, bringing her attention to its hollow, twisted feel, and she immediately regretted missing the last evening?s meal. [i]Some Durion eggs sound good right about now,[/i] she thought, her mouth watering as she envisioned a full breakfast plate.

Changing out of her rumpled tunic, she glanced at the chrono readout again, and this time she froze, her stomach suddenly doing somersaults. [i]Eight standard hours![/i] She blinked, willing the numbers to change. The alarm was supposed to wake her up an hour earlier. Somehow, she must have slept through it the first time it went off, and now she was most definitely late for class. [i]Just what I need?[/i]

Shucking her wrinkled tunic to the floor, she grabbed a new one and threw it on, running a brush through her hair in the same motion; then she tossed her lesson texts into her bag of supplies and leaped for the door.

She could see Linna?s self-satisfied smirk already and it made her blood simmer.

><><><

She sprinted down the busy corridor as quickly as possible, shouting an apology over her shoulder each time she accidentally brushed against a passing Jedi, which happened quite often, earning her many annoyed and disproving looks. No doubt she?d be hearing about it from Master Jillian later.

Maybe if a seat were open in the back of the classroom, she could just slip in. She wasn?t [i]that[/i] late and it was mathematics class. The instructor, Master Rulin, was half deaf and not known for being very strict. Maybe, if she were [i]really[/i] lucky, he wouldn?t even notice she was late?

She turned a corner and started down a less traveled hallway devoted to classrooms. Slowing her steps as she approached the appropriate door, she flinched when it opened with a pronounced mechanical hiss. [i]So much for that,[/i] she thought as she slipped inside.

?And this, students, is a?? Master Rulin?s unnecessarily loud voice stopped abruptly as he turned from the screen mounted on the room?s front wall. The younglings looked up from their notes in confusion, and following the instructor?s gaze, swiveled in their seats. Soon every eye in the room rested on Jocasta, who picked a piece of lint off of her tunic while shifting from foot to foot. The air seemed stifling and her face felt like it was in flames.

?Ah, Miss Nu,? Master Rulin said, gesturing to an empty seat in the front, ?I?m so glad you could join us. We?re studying functions today.?

As he resumed the lesson, Jocasta slipped into the first row to a low chorus of giggles. Then she noticed for the first time the person sitting next to the empty seat, a girl with a lot of violet colored hair?

[i]Linna.[/i]

She begged the Force to have mercy and open up a hole in the carpeting beneath her feet, but nothing happened. Keeping her eyes away from Linna, she sat down and got out her texts and stylus. Maybe it worked like those Hocion stinger flies?you don?t bother them, they won?t bother you. Maybe?

?So, Jocasta?? Linna whisp

16. Mathom

Jun 24, 2006
    Yay, update! :)

I really like how your're developing Jocasta's character. She's slowly growing into a marvelous young woman.

But all that fear and anger. :shakes head: For once, I agree with Master Tyone: you need to let go of those feelings, m'dear, if you're ever going to have any resemblance of a normal life and become the Jedi you dream of being.

She stood up to Linna for Mirne! Yay! Ooh. So now she's hearing voices and seeing things. :eek: This post has raised all sorts of interesting questions for me to ponder [face_thinking]... Such as "Does the shadow mark the return of Dooku?" or "Is that the same Sithy voice she heard earlier in the Archives?" or "Why do alarm clocks never wake you up when they're supposed to?", among other things. The plot is really beginning to thicken nicely. I can't wait to find out what happens next!

=D= Wonderful job!

P.S. - There's no need to send me a PM for the next Wednesday update, as I'll be out of town all week without computer access. I'll be back in time to enjoy Sunday's post though. :)

17. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    I'm glad Jocasta stood up for Mirne....that gives me hope!

Great update Nienna - I really liked Master Rulin in a dopey, clueless way as well...I think I had a maths teacher like that ;)

Well done =D=

18. stormqueen874

Aug 7, 2005
    Yay for Jocasta! I loved seeing her stand up to Linna to defend someone besides herself. I hate bullies! :mad:

Thanks for the PM, Nienna; I'm enjoying this just as much the second time around as I did the first! :D

Stormqueen

19. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Linna?s face registered mild shock before she shot back, ?Ah, if it isn?t the scum of the Temple herself come to save her pathetic friend. Go ahead and try. Force knows, you won?t have many more chances.?

You've got it all backwards, Linna. You're the scum of the Temple. Sheesh!

Poor Jocasta. I'm glad she stood up for Mirne, but that voice that says about not trusting anyone...that's not good.

Excellent update, Nienna! And thanks for the PM! :D

20. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    oh, Nienna! This fic is coming along so beautifully!

I didn't mean to vanish on the reviewing scene for so long...I'm really, absolutely adoring this fic, and I don't mean to lurk. Darth RL has been getting me down. :(

Your Jocasta is about my favorite thing in the fandom right now. :D Oh, my gosh, I love her. She's so much fun, with that little tiny bit of sterness, you can see where she might develop into the Jocasta Nu, but not yet, now she's still a little girl. She had this beautiful toughness that's so Jedi, and yet so feminine too. It's classic. How she relates to the people around her, and her struggles and all..gah, it even takes me back to my own early school days. ;) She's a well-developed, complex, and I love the way you're characterizing her. True characterization is so hard to come by in fanfiction, because we're following a template of sorts, of the canon, you know? But you make her entirely the Jocasta we see in the movies, yet also this rich, changing, dynamic character. I love it.

Also, oh, your descriptions of the Temple! [face_love] I've always been a Jedi Temple junkie, and you do so well setting the feel of it. I was especially struck by seeing the archives through Jo's eyes, and then, the scene where she's sneaking out to do battle with Dooku... goregous. And the whole fic is like that. It's so genuine, and I entirely mean it when I say I 'feel like I'm there.' That sometimes becomes a cliche in complimenting peoples setting, but I must say, my dear, you have it down to an art form.

I loved this update, and I'm excited to see where you take the plot. :D Keep up the great work!

(I'd ask to be put on the PM list, but seriously, these past few weeks nonwithstanding, I'm always on the Boards, and I'd probably see the update before I even got the PM. Entirely attached reader, though. :)

21. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    lovely chapter!

oooh, that Linna. what a pain. good for Jocasta sticking up for Mirne. now if only she'd let the girl in. and that wandering shadow, hmm. mysteries abound.

wonderful work!

22. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    Some replies to save me work later...

Mathom - Thank you! If only you could give Jo some counsel. She could learn a thing or two from you. ;) "Why do alarm clocks never wake you up when they're supposed to? Good question! :p Have a good trip! You'll be missing quite a cliffhanger...

Kes - LOL about your math teacher. :D That's funny because I based the character off of my French teacher. It was a nightmare being in her class. My friend and I made up a little phrase for whenever we felt like we couldn't take it anymore. "Shootez moi!" :p But back to the point -- Thank you!

Stormqueen - Bah! on bullies! [face_mischief] I can't stand them either. Thanks for reading!

amidalachick - You've got it all backwards, Linna. You're the scum of the Temple. Sheesh! Well said! Well said! =D= ;) I'm glad you're enjoying it! :D

Charmisjess - Wow. I repeat, wow. *blinks* [face_blush] I'm speechless! I...I... [:D] Thank you so much! I hope DRL starts treating you better! And I hope you keep enjoying the fic as much as you have. :)

Jennifer_Lyn - :) So many questions, so many unknowns... Stay tuned! [face_mischief] And thank you!

23. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    *Current PM List*
    - Mathom
    - Kynstar
    - bdenes
    - Kestrel_Kenobi
    - Katieelessar
    - Stormqueen
    - amidalachick
    - Jennifer_Lyn

Keep your hands, arms, legs, and other appendages inside the thread at all times; things are going to get a little bumpy... [face_grin]

[u][b]Chapter Seven: Fears and Visions[/b][/u]

Later that day, as Jocasta walked the maze of corridors leading to the Archives, she didn?t bother to return the greetings of the Jedi she passed and ignored the odd looks she sensed she was receiving. Frustration simmered in the pit of her stomach, and it took all of her self-control to not stomp her foot as hard as she could. That idiotic meditation instructor! Master Smerf, or whatever he called himself.

She breathed deeply, trying to calm her roiling emotions, at least somewhat. She didn?t want to do anything foolish and get in trouble again.

But the instructor had been so?irritating! He?d explained to the class that the normal master was currently suffering from a mild case of the Resuvian flu and that he would be taking over for him, and things went downhill from there. From the moment the younglings started the usual meditation exercises, the substitute master informed her, rather arrogantly in fact, that she lacked the ?proper connection to the Force,? and he refused to listen when she tried to explain that she really was trying. It wasn?t fair. She couldn?t help it if the Force took some twisted pleasure in letting her fail.

Hearing the muffled snickers of the other younglings for the second time that day didn?t help matters either.

Her head spinning with the insults she wished she could have hurled at the substitute, she barreled toward the entrance of the Archives without even pausing to make sure the doors actually opened. Then the light streaming through the viewports hit her directly in the eyes again, stopping her in her tracks, and she winced, putting up a hand to block it.

Master Tyone approached out of the glaring light, wearing a pleasant smile. ?Well, Jocasta, I?ve been in touch with Master Yoda and I got your meeting scheduled for tomorrow morning. So this is your last day of shelving holos. I?m sure that?s good news.?

Jocasta only nodded. She hadn?t quite forgiven the woman for digging way too deep with her words the day before.

Folding her hands in a gesture of acceptance, Tyone?s smile waned. ?I, for one, will miss you,? she said softly.

Jocasta turned her head away.

When Tyone began the usual trek to the back wall, she followed, walking at the woman?s right, again admiring the bronzium busts. She could study their intricately carved features for hours, but at the same time, she couldn?t help but think of Ill?ik Jurig?s eyes and the whispers. Just the memory of it sent shivers down her spine.

Glancing over at Master Tyone to make sure she wasn?t falling behind, she frowned at what she saw. The woman was fingering her lightsaber and her lips had pressed into a thin line. Jocasta tensed. ?Master Tyone? What is it?? She didn?t sense any disturbances in the Force?

Tyone gave her a reassuring smile, albeit a strained one. ?It?s nothing.? She must have noticed the girl?s worried look because she added, ?I was just thinking.?

Jocasta still wasn?t convinced and she was considering questioning the woman further when Tyone interrupted her thoughts.

?Here we are.?

The data console was just as Jocasta had left it the evening before, heaped with the remaining holos. Although she?d gotten most of them shelved, quite a bit of work still remained. Sorting them wasn?t so difficult; it was finding their slots in the holocases that always took her forever.

Rolling her shoulders, she reached for the first holo, read its title, and began the tedious search for its place. She was so busy scanning the shelves, she didn?t notice at first that Master Tyone had picked up an arm full of holos and was quickly and methodically slipping them into the correct slots. Pausing mid-reach, Jocasta blinked. [i]She?s so fast.[/i]

?Master, what are you doing?

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhhh eerie vision/dream there!

Poor Jo :( Tyone was trying to be nice and helpful...I think she wants to take her on as her apprentice, but hesitating at the moment. I like her :D

Great two updates!! Can't wait for the next bit! I feel for Jo about not wanting to let anybody too close :( that lil girl she helped was sweet! But :( sad she didn't talk more to her. But I can understand, it's hard after what has been done to her to trust/get close to anybody.

25. stormqueen874

Aug 7, 2005
    Lovely update, Nienna! :D I just loved the interaction between Tyone and Jocasta; watching their bond grow is easily one of my favorite aspects of the story. And the the dream with Dooku! Nice foreshadowing, ma dear! :D

Thanks so much for the PM, and I can't wait for the rest! This story has sucked me in all over again!

Stormqueen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.