main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Whispers (young Jocasta adventure; Dooku, OC's) -- Chapter 10: Gathering Dusk - up 8/13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Nienna_Narmolanya, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Wow Nienna! Lovely ending...*sniff*...Great ending to a wonderful story! And more? Hurray! You can bet I'll be bothering...ahem...I mean encouraging you to follow that through! ;)

And the posting schedule was fine. :)

Well done =D= and thank you for sharing your fantastic story with us!

2. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    Ahhhhwwwww!! *stands up and claps wildly* What a sweet finish, and----a sequel, I'm so happy! ^^

I adore that Tyone's taken Jo as her Paddy. :) Although, part of me can't help but worry about the pair of them, how they'll get along. And the unanswered questions about Dooku and such are very intriguing! A lovely last chapter, conclusive, but still with that little flirty edge that keeps the happy readers wanting more! :)

You did such a great job with this fic, and truly, thank you for sharing.

As far as posting schedule, it was fine as it was. I don't think I could have at any point gotten sick of this fic, and I admire your ability to post consecutively good writing.

:)

3. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Absolutely perfect ending, Nienna! [face_love] =D=

As Master Tyone pulled her closer, she curled into the woman?s warm embrace, closing her eyes to the Archives glowing holos and the bronzium busts that shone in the golden-red light.

I love that it's dusk here. That's the prettiest time of day, IMO, and it makes me think of Luke on Tatooine watching the suns set, and dreaming about the future...which is kind of fitting, because Jocasta can dream happily about the future now and all. :D

Anyway, again, wonderful job with this fic! Thanks for sharing it! =D= @};-

The posting schedule was good, and I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel!

4. Mathom

Mathom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 2006
    And it's over! :_|

Well, you know what they say: the end of one story is just the beginning of another...which is why I can't wait for the sequel!

I'm going to go out on a limb now and actually say I think Tyone is growing on me. I still have my reservations, but she does love and care about Jocasta. She's not evil like the mother or the voice. She'll help Jocasta grow into the Jedi we all know she'll be. :)

Now I just hope Dooku's ego can get over Jocasta skipping his little saber practice, and move on to more important things.

Not a long while later, Jocasta found herself sitting on the floor in the Archives, her back against the far wall, her arms wrapped tightly around her knees. A few Jedi meandered between the holocases, but no one noticed her?She was so absorbed in her own thoughts that she didn?t hear soft footsteps approaching. ?I thought I?d find you here.?

Yep. Jocasta's definitely headed for the head librarianship. She's only 12 and already obsessed with the Archives. Next thing you know, she'll be caught loitering around them in the middle of the night?[face_whistling]

I cannot say enough how much I've enjoyed reading this story. Fantastic job!!! [face_love] =D=

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor dear :( she thought that the Archivist had betrayed her, never assume young one!!

[face_dancing] And lookit! She is gonna take her on as her Padawan! =D= Yay!!!

Well done! Excellent work! Totally enjoyed the tale (and of course will wait anxiously for this sequal [face_mischief])!!

Thanks soooo much for sharing it with us! [:D] You've given a new light to Jo and a youthful life for us to follow! :D :D @};- Thanks so much!!

6. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Stormqueen - I don't think I'll ever get sick of hearing it. ;) And thank you! For beta-ing, for reading it all over again, and for being my eternal cheerleader. [:D]

Jennifer_Lyn - I'm glad the end worked out the way you hoped. ;) Thanks for reading!

Kes - You can bet I'll be bothering...ahem...I mean encouraging you to follow that through! I was expecting that. :p No, I'm *counting* on that. Thank you, my friend! :D

Charmisjess - :D You should see me right now - I'm glowing. Your replies seem to have that particular side effect on me. ;) Thank you!

amidalachick - I like dusk too. It's kind of magical the way the sunlight turns red and the world gets darker and everything feels hushed and peaceful... ;) Interesting thought about the sunset and dreaming of the future. I never thought of it that way. :) Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked the story!

Mathom - *hands out tissue and pats Mathom's arm* It's okay. :D *giggles* So Tyone's growing on you finally? Excuse me while I check to see if the sky is falling... :p Next thing you know, she'll be caught loitering around them in the middle of the night? [face_laugh] Thank you for all your thoughtful replies!

Kynstar - Thank you for the kind words and for all of your replies along the way! :D I hope I did your Dooku justice. :p And don't worry; his adventures aren't over yet...

Hugs to everyone! [:D] I can't describe how much your faithful replies meant (and mean) to me. And thank you for the feedback on the posting schedule, those who gave it. I started school Monday and I'm already swamped in homework. (Two honors classes will do that... *groans*) If this level of work keeps up (which it will) it may take a few more months than I expected before the sequel is ready to post, but no matter how long it takes it *will* be posted. *glares defiantly at stack of huge textbooks* My characters won't leave me alone (especially Tyone for some odd reason...)

Farewell until then! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.