main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends White Blanket ~*New Post - April 24*~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Nikita, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Title: White Blanket
    Author(s): Nikita
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Xanatos, Qui-Gon
    Genre: AU
    Keywords: snow storm, healer's ward, new bonds
    Summary: When Obi-Wan gets lost in the vast Temple gardens, will anyone hear his cry for help?
    Notes: This fic started out at the old boards, but has moved here and has since been updated significantly!

Enjoy, and feed back would be nice!

~*Nikita*~

2. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Obi-Wan tramped through the snow that was falling heavily in the temple gardens. He silently cursed the force for it?s inopportune timing. His class had gone outside to study the trees for biology class, when it had started to snow. The wind had whirled the soft, white flakes until no one had been able to see. The Master teaching the class called for everyone to head inside to lunch.

Obi-Wan and his friend Bant had been studying a large Dimasy tree in the far back of the gardens, making it impossible to hear the teacher?s orders. They laughed in delight as the snow fell around them, turning everything into a beautiful landscape.

Bant had been amazed at the fluffy substance falling from the sky. She twirled and danced in between the trees, he laughter echoing all around. She?d never seen snow before and it was wondrous.

She lost track of Obi-Wan during her dancing, so she decided to go back to the big Dimasy tree to look for him. She shivered as the cold wind finally caught up to her.

?Obi-Wan?? She called out into the whiteness, realizing that she couldn't see five feet in front of her. ?Obi-Wan, where are you?? Bant listened for her friend?s voice, but didn?t hear anything. She rubbed her arms to try and stay warm, her skin wasn?t used to the cold weather, and she was shaking uncontrollably.

Thinking that surely Obi-Wan would have headed inside already, she started towards where she thought the door was.

~~~~~~

Qui-Gon was walking past the lunch room where most of the occupants in the room were gathered at the windows, staring in complete awe of the snow coming down quickly. He frowned when he saw the height of the snow that had fallen in only thirty minutes.

Qui-Gon quickly continued walking towards the indoor gardens, hoping to find a peaceful place to meditate. Their previous mission had been grueling, taking all the strength of his padawan and him put together to finish. Xanatos had been exhausted when their transport had touched down. The younger man had barely made it into his room before he collapsed onto his sleep couch and fell deep into sleep.

Qui-Gon was tired too, but other things plagued his mind. He knew he would get no rest if he didn't meditate on them.

The master came upon a grassy spot under an overhang of young saplings, where he gracefully kneeled, settling into a comfortable position. He closed his eyes, seeking his center as something dark seeped into his mind, chilling him to the bone.

~~~~~

Obi-Wan huddled in his thin tunic, trying to shut out the biting cold. He couldn?t find Bant anywhere. He hoped she had gone inside, this weather was dangerous. If you got caught in a freak blizzard, you could die in less than five hours from hyperthermia. He mentally smacked himself as he realized he was in that exact position.

He quickly started to head towards the front of the gardens, hoping it wouldn?t take too long. He was hungry, and getting colder by the minute.

Minutes turned into a half hour, when he finally realized he was going in circles. He sighed as he tried to rub his hands together. He couldn?t feel his fingers anymore, or his toes. He winced as he put his hand to his face, his nose was going numb too.

Obi-Wan tried to keep moving, but his legs were getting tired. He fought back a yawn as he trudged through the calf height snow.

~~~~~

Bant shook herself off when she got to the lunch room. The snow fell onto the floor, leaving puddles of water everywhere. She shrugged her shoulders, and pushed open the doors to the large room. By now, everyone was sitting at their tables, enjoying a warm lunch. She moved through the line quickly and walked to her table with her tray,

As she reached the table, she set down her tray, looking around for Obi-Wan. When she didn?t see him, she asked Garen.

?Garen, have you seen Obi-Wan??

Garen shrugged his shoulders, and continued reading his holo magazine. She looked to Reeft who was gazing at her tray in obvious jealousy.

?Have you seen him?? Reeft?s gaze never left her tray

3. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    This is a great story I hope you post again soon. Poor Obi lost in the snow and Bant worried for him! I hope Qui Gon finds him soon
    Post again!!

4. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Hananiah~ Thanks! In fact, I'm posting in a few minutes. Hope you enjoy!

5. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Qui-Gon stood slowly, stretching his weary muscles. His meditation wasn?t calming him. In fact, it was doing just the opposite. He felt something cold seeping it?s way into his mind, making him shiver. It was time to get back, he had a report to give the council early in the morning. He made his way through the quiet garden, touching the plants as he passed by.

He stopped suddenly as his vision dimmed. Everything seemed to swirl around him in a mist. He couldn?t see more than five feet in front of him. He staggered forward, arms out, reaching for something to support himself on.

Hands reached out and grabbed him. ?Master! Snap out of it!? The hands shook him, knocking him back into reality. ?Master what happened??

Qui-Gon blinked, his vision clearing. Xanatos swam into view.

?I don?t know. I just got dizzy for a minute.? His padawan led him out of the room, back towards their apartment.

?Maybe it was a vision.? Xanatos said quietly.

?No, I don?t have visions. No that?s not it.? Qui-Gon shrugged off Xanatos? hands, and started off in the opposite direction of their rooms.

?Where are you going?? Xanatos didn?t receive an answer. His master disappeared around the corner, leaving him alone. ?Not important enough to tell me.? He walked quietly back to his room.

~~~~~

Bant picked up speed as she ran through the halls. She didn?t stop to think as she barreled around the corner, right into someone else. She tried to stay on her feet, but the body she collided with was huge, towering over her. She quickly scrambled to her feet, bowing her head.

?I?m sorry Master. It won?t happen again.? As soon as the words were out of her mouth, she started to edge down the hall again. A hand gripped her shoulder, stopping her.

?Where are you off to in such a rush Initiate...?

Bant hesitated on giving the master her name. She looked up, and up, and up. Finally she came to the man?s face. She gasped as she recognized Obi-Wan?s savior. Bant grabbed his hand and tugged.

?Please sir, you have to come with me! He?s missing and might be frozen! Please!? Bant tried to pull him, but he didn?t budge.

Qui-Gon looked down at the little pink skinned girl, trying to understand what she wanted. She was in hysterics, trying to get him to follow her.

?Calm down. Right now.? Qui-Gon?s stern command stopped Bant?s wailing instantly. ?Good. Now who?s missing??

The girl took a deep breath. Qui-Gon held up a hand.

?Stop. Slow down, I want to be able to understand what you are saying.?

?Obi-Wan is missing. We were outside for Biology and we got separated when it started to snow. I thought he had already gone into lunch, so I went in too. When I saw he wasn?t at lunch, I came looking for help. You helped him before, please help him again!?

Qui-Gon stared at the girl confused. Who was she talking about, he had saved someone? Who? When? Did she say out in the snow?

?You said outside? In the gardens?? Qui-Gon?s eyes widened. The snow outside had to be at least three to four foot deep already. And it was still falling.

Bant shook her head yes. ?Will you help me??

?Of course, but first we have to prepare for the weather. We can?t be caught out there without the proper clothing. You run to Master Amox?s room and tell her what?s happened. I?ll get cloaks.?

Bant ran down the hall while Qui-Gon hurried to his quarters. He opened the door and called for his padawan. Xanatos stuck his head out of his room.

?Yes Master??

?Get your cloak, we have to start a search for a missing boy out in the snow.? With that Qui-Gon flew out of the room, leaving Xanatos to hurry behind.

6. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Obi-Wan drifted through memories, both painful and pleasant. He didn?t linger in any one too long, until he remembered an encounter with his rival. It started out horrible, full of pain, until one Jedi Master had sat and talked with him. Obi-Wan smiled as he remembered how excited he had been when the master had treated him kindly, not at all like his teachers or instructors.

He was jolted out of his memories when he heard someone say his name. It came from far away and he had to strain to hear it. He started to notice a coldness creep into his bones, making him even more tired then he was. He managed to open his eyes slightly, taking in the whiteness that was surrounding him. Snowflakes landed on his eyelashes, making it impossible to see clearly. Obi-Wan gave up and relaxed, letting his eyes drift shut. He wanted to go back where it was warm and happy.

~~~

Xanatos quickly packed a bag, shoving in a few blankets and hand warmers. He knew that the snow had been coming down fast, and if there was a child lost outside, the effects of the dropping temperature could be devastating.

His master called his name from the doorway and impatiently sighed as Xanatos threw on his heaviest cloak.

?Coming Master.? Xanatos followed Qui-Gon out the door, practically running to keep up with the taller man. Qui-Gon glanced behind and slowed his steps a little, easing the way for his padawan to follow. Xanatos grinned a little at his master?s display of caring.

Xanatos turned his thoughts to the child they were to be looking for. Only an initiate would have the skill to slip past the teachers and undertake a journey into the vast whiteness outside. He shook his head in, wondering if he had ever been so dumb.

Qui-Gon glanced back at his Padawan as they arrived at the door to the most immense gardens in the whole temple.

?Padawan, I want to split up, that way we have more of a chance finding the boy. But if you become lost or too cold, I want you to contact me with your comlink and I will come find you.? Qui-Gon squeezed his student?s shoulder, silently showing him he had faith in him.

Xanatos smiled at his master. ?Yes Master. Do we know the child?s name??

Qui-Gon frowned as he opened his mouth to reply. ?Obi-Wan Kenobi.? He turned and entered the gardens, and Xanatos was forced back a few steps as the wind blew inside. The young Jedi took a deep breath and quickly stepped into the cold, white world.

~~~

Qui-Gon walked quickly towards the fountains and pools, hoping the boy would have enough sense to try and locate shelter in the caves found around the base of the waterfalls. The force was not with him as he crunched through the thick snow that covered the ground. He hoped Xanatos was having better luck.

~~~

Xanatos was searching through the force for the boy?s presence, but there was nothing. No warmth indicating a living being rested somewhere in the storm.

~~~

Obi-Wan was in the middle of a wonderful dream, where everything was perfect and he and his friends were playing in the gardens of the temple. Suddenly shadows seemed to fall, making everything slowly fade. The cried of his friends filled his ears as his eyes became useless. He called out to Bant, but she didn?t hear him and her cries continued.
    Obi-Wan was surrounded by darkness. Everywhere he turned the blackness greeted him. He frantically tried to find some light to see by, but it was hopeless. He let out a moan as the air seemed to stop flowing. He was slowly suffocating in the all encompassing darkness. He fell to his knees, tearing at his hair. Cries escaped his lips as he sat there, pleading with the force to save him.

~~~

Xanatos was about to turn around and head back when he heard a faint noise. It sounded like a moan. He carefully followed it back towards the tree line in the distance. He stopped as he lost track of the sound. He strained his ears, hoping that it was Obi-Wan who was making the pitiful noise.

He jumped when screams filled the air. His blood chilled from the sounds that came from

7. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Ohh... you've caught my interest!! Good going so far... (even if it is a repost ;) )!

_PSK_

8. mogs

mogs Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2003
    Good. Looking for more soon hopefully. -Mogs

9. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Oh Gods what did you do to poor Obi. Great fic! It's great to see a nice Xani too! I look forward to the next post!

10. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Hey, I'm here from the old thread! Great stuff!

11. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Padme~ I'm glad you're caught!! More soon I promise!

mogs~ Thanks! Same as up above, more soon!

Hananiah~ I love hurting Obi, he's so much fun to confort... don't you agree? ;) I also love Xan too!

Casper~ Sorry you had to read all that again... new post soon for my oldest reader so far!

12. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    "Lookie, Lookie, everyone. Meesa back!!"

Just dropping in to secure a seat for the show. Update soon, girl!!

::Windstar Out::

13. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    HOW COULD YOU POOSIBLY LEAVE US THERE!!! The suspense is killing me!!! Please please please please post soon!! Please!! I want to know what happens! I don't do well in suspense! I am so hooked, its not even funny! I love Xani being in the story too, adds to great scenery. Even Obi as a little tyke is so self-sacrificing. *sniff* POST SOON!! :D

14. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    Up for more, please.

I just love this fic!!!

young Obi and lot o angst

keep them coming!!

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I know I lost track of this in the old forum, so I'm really happy to see this over here now. I truly was enjoying this before, and it's great to be able to pick it up where I left off reading it. :D

Thank you for reposting this, Nikita! :)

16. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Bri~ Glad you're back babes... now I just have to find the time to update! AH!

Jess~ Don't you know yet? I'm very well known on my threads for torturing Obi and leaving my readers hanging on cliffs!!!!

Blue~ More is coming... hopefully soon! :)

Sara~ Hey again! I lose track of the stories I read too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's my pleasure for reposting... and I will admit... I wanted to see if I could get more readers!

K everyone. The next possible time I can post would pry be on Friday... sorry for the incredible wait, but I'll make it a long post, I promise!

If you need something to keep you busy, go to my profile and read my other stories!!! ;)

17. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: Another of your fics that has Xan that I missed! Love it so far and hope with crossed fingers you don't plan on turning my favorite dark Jedi. :( He felt an instant connection to the younger Jedi, a sort of brotherly affection :D Love that line!

18. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    obi_ew~ hehe, what can I say, you've inspired me to write things that involve Xani!

All~ There'll be a post coming up sometime this afternoon. All though it may not be up to par. I just today lost someone I knew, and it's going to be hard to write. But I'll try and get something down.

19. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    Don't feel too pressured to write anything today, just write because you want to. And definitely don't worry about it "being up to par", it'll be fine no matter what.

_PSK_

20. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Awww, I'm sorry Nikita! Don't force yourself to write if your not up to it. Take your time to recover, and don't worry about updating. :) Hope you can get over you loss fine, and I hope everything will go well.

Jess

21. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Thank you two for your understanding. But I wrote anyways. It kept my mind off what happened. The post will be up in a few minutes. Thanks again.

22. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Qui-Gon ran past the fallen tree limbs, straight to his Padawan who was lying still five feet away. He never noticed the body crushed underneath the branches.

Xanatos didn?t appear to be breathing as he threw himself down next to the young man. He didn?t care that the snow was soaking his pants through, or that he had dropped his pack. All he cared about was keeping his apprentice alive.

Qui-Gon crouched to listen to see if Xanatos was breathing, and sighed when air whistled past his ear. He sat back and gathered the man into his arms, trying to still the shaking that had started.

?Xanatos, can you hear me? Are you alright?? Qui-Gon whispered into his student?s ear. ?Wake up Xanatos, you can?t sleep now, I need you to wake up.? He was rewarded with a small groan. ?That?s it Xani. You can do it.?

?Shut up Master, you?re making my head hurt.? Xanatos whispered to his master with a grin, trying to keep from aggravating his throbbing head more.

?Padawan, can you tell me what happened?? Qui-Gon was feeling his padawan?s arms and legs to make sure nothing was broken.

?No, I remember the tree branch cracking and...? Xanatos eyes grew wide as he trailed off. ?Obi-Wan!? He struggled to get out of his Master?s arms, but Qui-Gon tightened his hold.

?Don?t move, you might have a concussion.? Qui-Gon ran his hand over the back of Xanatos head and winced as he felt the large knot starting to form. Xanatos didn?t appear to feel the soreness because he was still struggling to get up.

?Master you don?t understand. Obi-Wan saved me!? Xanatos finally slipped out from his Master?s arms and crawled to his knees. He swayed as he gained his feet. His head was screaming at him to lie back down, but he knew Obi-Wan needed him. He started unsteadily towards the pile of snow and branches.

Qui-Gon caught up with his apprentice as he neared the spot. ?What are you talking about? Obi-Wan saved you from what? And where is he now??

?He saved me from being hit by the tree! And in doing so, got himself hurt instead.? Xanatos cried as he fell to his knees next to the pile. ?Obi-Wan! Obi-Wan can you hear me??

Qui-Gon ran the rest of the way as the pieces fell into place. He stopped next to the large pile and almost lost hope at the shear size of some of the branches. He closed his eyes and reached for the Force. He quickly grabbed the rubble with the Force?s invisible hands and threw it to the side.

Xanatos felt the movement in the force and prepared to reach for the younger man after his Master cleared away the debris. Obi-Wan appeared piece by piece. Xanatos felt frantic as he realized that the boy?s face was covered in snow. He brushed the cold and melting snow away from the boy?s mouth and nose and checked to see if he was breathing. His hopes died as soon as he caught sight of the blue lips.

Qui-Gon gasped as he revealed the small boy. He knew this child! How? Thoughts were flying around faster than he could comprehend, so instead he kneeled down and started CPR. Xanatos seemed to be in shock, which seemed odd, he?d never met the boy until today so it shouldn't have hit him this hard. A gasping sound came from the body under his hands and Qui-Gon quickly lifted Obi-Wan up to help him breathe easier.

A quick Force scan revealed two cracked ribs, severe hypothermia and concussion. Along with several small cuts and a black eye.

Xanatos stood quickly, although none too steady and pulled on his Master?s robe. His vision was making everything circle around him. ?Master. We hafta get ?em to the healersss.? Qui-Gon nodded and cradled the young man gently in his arms. He ignored the slurred speech of his apprentice and started towards the doors.

?Xanatos, have we met this boy before?? Qui-Gon couldn?t help but wonder and they ran at a fast jog towards the front of the gardens. He also noticed Xani slowing down each minute. ?Xanatos, you are alright??

?Yes Masster, I?m totally sure I?m...? Xanatos trailed off as everything around him grew darker. A thud followed his cut off statement.

?Xanat

23. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    So sorry about your loss. :( Excellant post!Poor Obi! Nice Xan! :) Can't wait to see what develops between those two! :D

I inspired you to write about Xan? [face_blush] Well then my job here is done! :D * moves off to hopefully influence more writers to the Xan side of the Force *

24. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    *laughs at oe* [face_laugh]

Very nice post, Nikita. I'm glad it was able to take your mind off things.

Poor Obi! Actually, poor Xani too!! :(

_PSK_

25. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Glad it took your mind of things, Nikita. :)

Lovely post!! I feel so bad for both of them! :( I love to read and write Obi and Xanatos "torture," two for the price of one, I'll say. 8-} But I love the emotions in this one. Great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.