Mary White Current

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fipe_Naz-mero, Apr 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    We're not defeated. I just think it's a silly thing to argue. 8-}
  2. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Ah back down Magook, you dont have to power to overturn the decision.
  3. BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Keep in mind folks, that i am physically bigger than all of you, especially chissdude and isbeth, so therefore what i say goes. EU = not canon, movies = canon. thank you for your time.
  4. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Keep in mind we are in the internet, so you cant touch me 8-}

Plus, Im the EU expert and I have the most posts and have been here longer then everyone else here, so I win.
  5. DerthNader Jedi Knight

star 5
    Now, if this isn't a thread full of mature adults, I simply do not where I could find one. [face_plain]

6. Isbeth Jedi Master

star 4
    EU is canon, you heard myself, chissdude and a Mod. This discussion is ended and settled in favor of the EU. End of debate.
  7. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Derth, your thoughts have hit the nail on the head.

EU being canon should not be argued because it does mainly depend on someone's opinion. For as many yes's, there are just as many no's. Even that article from the Official Site says only the movies are technically 100% canon, but the stories can be considered canon. Let's not argue this any further. It's a dumb thing to argue, and when it's all said and done, where do we get. No where. We all love Star Wars, and that's all that matters. And we're all gonna pee ourselves waiting for AOTC. (or maybe that's just me) 8-}
  8. MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Mogook, I have come to your rescue.

Yee Hawww! You're all clear kid!
    Now lets blow this EU thing and go home.

EU is not canon. And Chissdude, just because you've been on here the most, you weren't old enough to see Star Wars the first time, so shut up! :)

And okay, who made the Genghis threat? I've already broken his power. He's a weak-minded fool.

Without the canon of the movies, there would be no EU. George is the father of the Star Wars galaxy. He pays no attention to your pathetic band of EU scum.
  9. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That shot was one in a million Mutt! [face_laugh] Yee Haa indeed my good man!
  10. DRK_HLMT Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, I just wanted to jump in here and say that this whole canon debate is pointless and has caused many a downfall of good people who turn totally evil when this debate is brought up. I say we just move on and not worry about what is canon and what is not.

This is why I was leaning toward an office within our group. A EU group, a movies group, an action figure and toy group, a gaming group and so on. That way we all can have our main meetings to talk about nothing but fanforce stuff and then we can have appointed representatives talk about each groups items of interest with everything broken down just like the boards and each group discussing those particular things. That way everyone is happy. This canon debate will only lead us to the path of the Dark Side and we don't need that for it will cause conflict within our group. We don't want to stoop to the lowliness that these topics create with canon debates, so let's keep the canon out of our meetings please!!!!! :_| ;)

11. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    DRK_HLMT, I completely agree with you. I don't wanna see any bad feelings between the members here. We're all fans and hopefully friends. This isn't an important discussion. Let's just enjoy Star Wars together without giving in to the Dark Side. We're stronger than that. So let's just wait in anticipation together for the 16th at which point our heads will explode.
  12. sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I've been reading all these posts.......I thought it all was lighthearted fun. I didn't realize ya'll were serious.
  13. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    sithspawn, this is all lighthearted fun. But online, we can't tell if someone's serious or getting upset. It's best to be too careful than not. I don't want anyone to get too upset about something this trivial. It's good to stop it before it gets there.

There something that's Canon that no one can argue. Cameras. [face_laugh] ;) (sorry for the dumb joke, trying to lighten things up)
  14. sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Your probably right. Better to "nip it! Nip it in the bud!"

BTW, I like the camera thing! LMAO
  15. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
  16. wampa Jedi Master

star 4
    Although I'd like to say, "EU is canon because I outrank all of you datewise, so there," I'd rather not discuss Lit here, and try to maintain a sense of community that we need to have a successful FanForce chapter.

If you do want to debate canon, I suggest you go here: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=4409123]The Umpty-Seventh Rehash of a Not Quite Final Battle of Completists vs. Purists[/link]
  17. Motterman Jedi Master

star 2
    I agree Wampa.

(but the EU is not canon) [face_devil]
  18. DRK_HLMT Jedi Master

star 4
    I know that canon debates sometimes start out as benign, but it can grow terribly strong in a very short time. I think that we are all above the pointless bickering that most people do in the Lit and movie forums that cause flaming wars(not naming names, but if you've ever visited the Lit and movie forums, you know who they are).

Canon debates is the path to the dark side! canon leads to anger, anger, leads to hate, hate leads to awwww ya get it don't ya??

Luke: I'm not afraid of a canon debate.

Yoda: [menacing look]You will be, you will be...[/menacing look]

Luke: What's canon supposed to be anyway?

Yoda: Don't know. Canon is a mysterious and powerful thing and it's power is only preceded by it's mystery.

Luke: Okay, now I'm totally confused.

Yoda: That is why you fail!! :D

19. Isbeth Jedi Master

star 4
    Wamps, great, thank you. I don't give a tinkers damn about the movie on May 16th. After April 23rd. when Bob's book is out, I will read it and won't need to see the movie.

Motterman, I suggest you go to Wampa's thread. Long may the EU rule!
  20. sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    But what we all seem to forget is that if not for one particular trilogy of movies....the books would NEVER HAVE EXISTED.
    And since the director of those movies is the creator of the universe we read about, how can we say one is better than the other.
    BOTH are great!! Just different. I love the books....have gotton to read all but one so far. And I hope one to contribute to the literary world. Can't we just enjoy each for what it is?
  21. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Dear Members of the Council:
    I want to deeply thank you for your guidance. This really gives me a better look of how the Universe moves.

"The future always motion is."

I'm really sorry if this topic caused tense moments and sudden feelings of almost anger between you. My deepest apologies.

May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    Chamr City Council Forum
    Baltimore, MD
  22. Isbeth Jedi Master

star 4
    Doesn't matter. As long as all is agreed that the EU is canon, we can proceed as normal.
  23. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Alright, how about we let this topic die. No more posting here unless you have a valid response to Fipe's post.

Fipe, you have no reason to apologize. You asked an innocent question and most of us started a stupid debate over it.

If we can't be mature enough to stop this dumb debate, I'll get an admin to close the thread. No matter what one person says, the next reply is "Blah blah is canon." Eventually it'll be "Blah blah is canon, and you're dumb." Let's stop this before we get to name calling and other mean and nasty things. Seriously folks.

And, hey, I'm not completely innocent either. I came in here ready to argue my side. So, how about we all shake hands, pat each other on the back, and revel in our greatness. 8-} With some maturity and dedication, we can be the best damned fanforce chapter out there. Let's not have other fanforce members see this dumb debate. We're above this.
  24. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Opps I forgot Wampa outranks me8-}, but not in posts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.