white lightsaber

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by citizen-austin, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. citizen-austin Jedi Knight

star 1
  2. citizen-austin Jedi Knight

star 1
    just a thought, brown saber???
  3. StupidFilmsInc Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have a brown saber in my film currently in production. We call it a poo saber.
  4. Ryan_W VIP

VIP
    star 4
    but... then again Yoda didn't train Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon did. leave it to Lucas to sort out.

This bugged me too for a while, but then it hit me. Yoda trains all Jedi in the beginning, until they move on and become an apprentice to a mentor (Qui-Gon in Obi-Wan's case) So it's technically true that Obi-Wan had Yoda as his master as well as Qui-Gon.
  5. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "Well, it would make chronological sence that they both had blue sabers, as Anakin's saber, the one Ben gives to Luke was blue, and his own saber is also blue in Ep IV, therfore it would be safe to assume that they fight blue on blue. but... then again Yoda didn't train Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon did. leave it to Lucas to sort out."

Possible SPOILERS in my response.

First of all, it's not like Obi takes such great care of his lightsaber from what we ALREADY know. On top of that, the saber he wields in EpI and II is quite different from EpIV. QUITE. He's gotta lose it again at some point.

On top of that, as we'll see in EpII, if it comes down to it the Jedi will fight with someone else's saber. And the Sith in Episode III will have to lose his saber, who says Anakin won't pick it up?

Plus Ben is known for his "certain point of view." It may well be that the saber he gives Luke was built specifically for Luke (since Ani gets his groove on and knows he has a son, it's conceivable he could make a saber before he's turned), though Ben calls it his "father's lightsaber".

There's plenty of possibilities Lucas can use to sort it out, none of them any more farfetched than the rest of the saga.

M. Scott
  6. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
    This has to be the most pointless thread ever.
  7. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Nope. See if you can find "Duality -- A Hoax?!" From about a year and a half ago.

THAT was a pointless thread. Wowee.

(Have I really been around that long?!)

M. Scott
  8. citizen-austin Jedi Knight

star 1
    watch whos thread your calling pointless!!!
    -just kidding

i think peoples saber color is important

couldn't find duality-a hoaxe
  9. darth_kohai Jedi Master

star 3
    More on the black lightsaber:

I once started a fanfilm I was going to call 'Darksaber', which revolved around a mythical (even to Jedi) weapon using dark matter instead of light matter for the blade.

I did tests for creating a black 'glow'. I used the same method as normal, but with an inversion or two. The glow layers were white on a black background (as if doing a white saber), but then I inverted them (black on white). Instead of 'screen', I used 'multiply' for these layers. I did this only for the glows, with the blade layer still white, like normal. The result was a white core that seemed to 'suck' light from it's surroundings.

I also tried:
    black core with white glow
    black core with red glow
    red core with black glow
    white core, red inner glow, black outer glow

I was never able to get it where I liked it, so I scrapped the movie idea :)
  10. citizen-austin Jedi Knight

star 1
    isnt darksaber the name of a star wars novel

(GO EU)
  11. E_Greyshadow Jedi Knight

star 2
    Actually, the original script of Star Wars used the spelling "lightsabre". It's international spelling. Seems only the Americans use sabER. Kinda like imperial measurement, I guess.
  12. Crunchy Jedi Master

star 4
    all these posts, but no pics....
  13. Riskbreaker Jedi Padawan

I did this pic real quick of a white saber. What do you all think?

[image=http://www.donrogersmagic.com/white.jpg]
  14. darth_kohai Jedi Master

star 3
    Yes, darksaber is already an EU novel. In this novel, 'darksaber' refers to a superlaser type weapon in space. My story was going to be totally different.

Sorry about not having pics. The results weren't that good anyway.
  15. swmaster Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just some answers.

Actually Luke's first saber (Anakin's Saber) is not technically blue, it's more of a light blue (there was a name for it but I forgot). It certainly isn't white...

The color that the call it is lilac I believe.

Actually, the original script of Star Wars used the spelling "lightsabre". It's international spelling. Seems only the Americans use sabER. Kinda like imperial measurement, I guess.

Its lightsaber beacause a sabre is something completely different. A sabre is a curved sword. Sabers are straight.

Oh yeah and Darksaber is the name of a star wars book.

SWmaster
  16. E_Greyshadow Jedi Knight

star 2
    Acually swmaster, the "saber" was the curved sword used by the American cavalry. "Sabre" is the original spelling for the straight fencing sword. Even in Empire Strikes Back is it spelled "Sabre". Look at the credits. They talk about a "sabre system" cgi-effects program made by ILM.

NOTE: Information in this post gleaned from Bob Brown's Star Wars Discussions.
  17. citizen-austin Jedi Knight

star 1
    actually there have been quite a few posts of pictures. ive been having trouble uploading, but when it works i have quite a few sabers to show you
  18. StupidFilmsInc Jedi Knight

star 1
    heres two i did a while back.

This one is sorta like to flame saber:
    http://www.sfi.i-p.com/sp05.jpg

This one has a white saber and a weird purpleish black saber:
    http://www.sfi.i-p.com/sp17.jpg
  19. citizen-austin Jedi Knight

star 1
    the white saber looked amazing, especially in obi-wans hand

the flame saber looked a bit fake but a good concept

and the prple light took up too much space

oh yeah heres a teaser poster for the movie i started this thread about.

http://www.angelfire.com/mac/harrypotterfans/maul.jpg
  20. swmaster Jedi Knight

star 3
    E_Greyshadow, Interesting info!

Its still spelled Saber though. Not Sabre!

Lightsaber

Sith Saber

SWmaster
  21. citizen-austin Jedi Knight

star 1
    i agree saber is the correct way to spell it, but in alot of ff.c tutorials it says sabre
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.