main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

White Unleashed Clonetrooper - Myth or Reality?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by darcphoenyx, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I recently picked up an Unleashed Clonetrooper at a local Wal-Mart and was surprised that it was the "red" version, as opposed to the "white" version we all originally saw pictures of.

Then I looked over some other comments in the new acquisitions thread and found many others who had picked up the "red" version...and no mention of any "white" versions to be seen.

So I began to wonder...is the "white" version merely the original prototype. Did Hasbro update the deco and make all production versions "red"? Or did Hasbro make a running change, with both "white" and "red" versions released?

Has anyone found a "white" Unleashed Clonetrooper?

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    No, it's a variation. I have the white version. I want to hurt whoever decided that variation in Unleashed figures was a good idea. Like they're not already hard enough to find and collect! :p

3. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    I had a feeling that this thread was either going to last a long time or my answer was going to come very quickly.

I suppose the next question know is which was actually the more common version.

But I agree...Unleashed variations = BAD IDEA.

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Unleashed variations = empty pocketbooks.

I have seen the white version on ebay for sometime,
    but as yet, not in stores. I think that it is the
    more common. That is to say that it will be merely
    difficult and not impossible to find.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I bought the white one from r2dtoys here in the UK, but I have yet to see the red one.

6. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I bought the white one when the wave was initially released on the internet. I didn't find out until later that the red variation existed. I'm going to have to be content with just the one variation.

7. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    I'm happy with my red one, I guess...though I'm torn over which one I would prefer.

Since I'll never see a white one (and likely never see a red one again either) I guess I'm happy with what I can get.

Is it possible the white ones were shipped to smaller and/or online retailers in the first place...which reds going to the more traditional retail outlets? Wishful thinking there, I know...but it would be nice to see some sort of predictable pattern.

I also find it somewhat ironic that I never found a Red ARC, but the only Unleashed trooper I can find is the variant.

8. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Oh Poodu :mad:

So Hasbro is making Unleashed variations? I ask you where will it end?

I just got the clonetrooper wave off eBay and I guess I have to wait and see which one I get.

I'm soooooooo not buying a second clonetrooper. :mad:

9. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I to have the White Clone Trooper. If I had know when I bought mine that they where going to make a red Clone Trooper I may have waited.

10. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I think its not necessarily based on if you bought them from the internet or a retailer. My thought is that the white one was made first, so those that bought them when the wave initially came out will have the white one and the people that buy them now will likely get the red one. Of course with ebay I think theres a good chance at getting either one.

Thats what I think is going on, but not sure why they did this.

11. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I've only ever seen the Unleashed Clonetrooper once, and that was at a Toys 'R Us back in March. This was the white version, which I would prefer over the red seargant. At the time, I had little interest in this figure, but now I really regret not getting it. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.