main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN White Winter Death 2010.....Snowpocalypse!!1!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by rhonderoo, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I just got home from work because my office wanted to put its fingers in its ears about the snow and say, "la la la".

It finally got too bad and we said they could close or not close, but we're gone.

We're at 2 inches and counting in Cordova, right now.

I'm supposed to move tomorrow, and they haven't called me to say we aren't. But then it's supposed to be done snowing by 7am, then just be cold and sunny tomorrow, so who knows? Keep your fingers crossed, folks! Living out of boxes for a week makes one cranky Rhonda.

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Our driveway this morning: http://twitpic.com/10ii58 It's snow over a solid sheet of ice so the ground crunches and your feet fall through when you walk outside. Kids are kinda bummed that it's not the kind of snow you can make snowmen/snow angels with.

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Our whole parking lot was frozen over, and the tree outside Jacob's room fell Friday night. Needless to say, we didn't move, but are all packed up... and I'm living on the clean laundry I washed Sunday. AND, I have to move by myself Wednesday morning. I'll be ready for a vacation when this is over with. I'm sleeping in Saturday morning, oh yes.

4. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    If we were a bit closer and I didn't have classes... Me and Darren would show up to help you move.

We'll be thinking of you... Hope it goes smoothly.

I still have about 3-4 inches of ice/snow in my yard and my commute yesterday was all ice pack until I got to the main highways (too bad they're 15 miles away)... Hopefully with the temps today it'll be cleared up...

We're supposed to get rain this weekend so we'll have flooding cause the ice/snow will have gone all melty and the rain won't have anywhere...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.