main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN WHITE WINTER DEATH ARMEGEDDON 2008!!! SNOW!!!!!! SNOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Did everyone survive???

What the heck??? How did we manage to get snow without the usual 2 inches of ice?

It's GORGEOUS!!! I went out last night and took video of it coming down at 11 pm, and took video and pictures this morning before the kids destroy the pristine beauty of the front yard. There's at least 4 or 5 inches on the ground.

Although, Traci is not a happy camper. She's spent the last 12 hours suiting up and stripping our hyperactive, snow-addled children who want to go outside and freeze themselves silly. And of course, they want me to go out with them so they can pelt me with snowballs. (I must be getting old. The idea of going outside and getting wet while playing in snow just doesn't appeal that much to me any longer.)

2. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    What? You'd pass up a chance to recreate the battle of Hoth in your back garden??

3. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Ya old fogie! Get out there and get pelted! [face_laugh]

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I tried to get my daughter to lay down in the snow and do the ESB "Ben!!! Ben!!!" while I filmed, but she wouldn't do it.

Kids are no damned fun these days.

5. LadyKeira

LadyKeira Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2006
    SNOW??? You got SNOW???

That's just sick. We were having a crawfish boil outisde yesterday. Crazy weather.
    Sounds like fun, though. :)

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    It's all gone now. I was wearing short sleeves today. Typical Memphis weather.

7. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    We got three flakes visiting Mike's uncle in Jackson MS.

Stupid Memphis.

8. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    My backyard the next morning.

[image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/TNPredsFan/Personal/House/DSC00122.jpg]

9. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    On another note. I shot guns in Jackson MS, and apparently, I am a "dead eye", and will be showing my targets off! :D Especially with a 357 Magnum (that was a BIG gun) and a .45 semi-automatic. I also shot a 9mm and a .38 special. I can't decide if the 357 or the 45 was my fave.

I heard Mike mutter once or twice, "remind me to never piss you off." Pfft. Like a gun makes any difference when it comes to that. [face_talk_hand]

10. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Damn, you like the big calibers. So, when are we going gun shopping?

Hmmm....John said the same thing after seeing my targets when I qualified for my carry permit. [face_cowboy]

11. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah, the 357 was fun to shoot and probably my fave, but there isn't any hiding it... the barrel was, like, eight or nine inches long. [face_cowboy]

I shot .38's in it, and then the actual magnum shots... (little more kick!).

I told Mike immediately... "I want one....", so we should go soon! [face_mischief]

12. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    That's cool Rhonda, .357 comes in a 2 and 4 inch barrell if you want to conceal it :) I've got a 9mm, .40 cal, and a .357. and I love them all :)

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I can't imagine Rhonda would be interested in a 3- or 4-inch barrel.

Wait... What were we talking about?

Oh, yeah.

Nah, she likes them big and powerful.

14. Aravis_Antilles

Aravis_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    *sigh* My friend and I stopped by the Bartlett Park at 3 o clock in the morning that day.

I made my very first ever snow angel at 23. It was magical. No one else was around.

But I couldn't help but think... So this is a night on Hoth. Dammit it's cold.

*grin*

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh, that is just schweeeet, Joy. I love the snow at night, especially the way everything seems to sort of glow in some etherial sort of way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.