main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Whither Coruscant?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    If the war is still going on after 30 years, I'd imagine it looks a lot like Berlin did in 1945.

2. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Unless the Alliance decided not to attack Coruscant because they'd never be able to hold it and the refugee crisis it would create. Given that they had yet to hold a base in the OT, I suppose it would take time before feeling confident enough that you could defend the center.

I wonder if the map room in the alliance base has a map of the galaxy so that we can get a good feel for what territories are in dispute.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  3. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    I'd like to move beyond Coruscant and allow it to be unique only to the prequels. Let some other new planet take its place of importance in the ST.

mratm23 likes this.
  4. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Yes, we must see Coruscant

5. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014

Off the top of my head, how about a planet with like a shell around it. Then there's an entrance and all buildings and everything are on the inner walls of the shell.

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    People complain about how Tatooine is a nothing planet and therefore we shouldn't see it so much. You want the bright center of the universe? It's Coruscant.

7. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I'd like to see Coruscant AND Han & Leia hanging around there. What a way to merge the OT and the PT :)

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

This Coruscant makes sense to show up it was the capital of the Republic the jedi where there it was probably the most important planet in the Galaxy.

9. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    May of been for the Prequels, but we are entering into a new trilogy and a new era. Out with the old, in with the new. Coruscant has lost its luster. Tens of thousands of planets in the SW galaxy, and we 'need' to keep hearkening back to the same old planets??

TKT likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Yes and I am 60% sure we will see Coruscant again where not done with it yet and what would symbolize the restoration of the Republic more then having Coruscant as your Capital.

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Coruscsnt isn't just "the same old planet". It's the capital of the Republic. As long as its the capital of a government, it hasn't lost its luster. Not having the capital of the galaxy appear would be like the main hero never appearing.

12. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Who says that Coruscant is now in the hands of the New Republic/Rebel Alliance? It could still be in the hands of the Empire. If we do return to this planet we should probably see the Imperial Palace and also the secret training corridors for servants of the Emperor such as Inquisitors, Dark Jedi, Imperial Hands, and more.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

No one does but if its not the capital of the Rebels then it is of the Empire.

14. TJSolo

TJSolo Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2014

Did you see the celebration after ROTJ? They overthrew those fockers.

15. El Jedi Colombiano

Jun 24, 2013
    One things for sure: If the Empire is still in control and we still have a Rebellion, I simply won't bother watching the next trilogy.

I'm 1,000% certain George would have never gone in that direction. Unless of course JJ and Kasdan where dumb enough to dump a story treatment Disney paid handsomely for.

16. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

With a scene on a balcony while Leia brushes her hair.

Han: You are beautiful
    Leia: And you are handsome.
    Han: I know

17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Would you be comfortable if there's an Imperial Remnant and a New Republic in a state of Cold War stalemate with each other, or is it an all or nothing type deal?

18. 0bi-Wan

0bi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 13, 2001
    At the moment there are 2 big dichotomies regarding Coruscant.

SpoilerMan's camp says Han and Leia are together and Coruscant is in the film, conquered at great loss to the "Republic". SpoilerMan also says Leia is a leader of the Republic and that although Coruscant is a brief "bridge" location it has a fleet over it emphasizing its importance.

MSW camp says Han and Leia never got together, dislike each other for some reason, and Leia has nothing to do with Alliance leadership. According to MSW there are no Coruscant scenes.

19. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I wouldn't want to see Coruscant nearly as much as in the PT, as it featured prominently in AOTC and ROTS. But I would love to see it for a few scenes somewhere in the ST. Maybe not until Ep. VIII or IX.

20. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    If Corusant is shown, it should be under attack. I thought that was a big missed opportunity in the PT. The fight in ROTS was great but I wanted to see Corusant under siege.

21. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I definitely dont see Coruscant (Imperial Center?) making it through another trilogy unscathed.

22. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Coruscant will be seen a lot in all three movies a lot of battles will take place there.

23. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Nor will it.

24. El Jedi Colombiano

Jun 24, 2013
    I can live with that. I just would hate to see our heroes accomplishments from the OT be completely pointless.

Jedi Knight Fett and Andy Wylde like this.
  25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It got turned into Dagobah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.