main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Whither Coruscant?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    A Zoo would be amazing

Darkslayer and Echo-07 like this.
  2. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Coruscant was the seat of the Empire -- the crown jewel. It was obviously the most protected place in the galaxy,

I totally agree that after the fall of the Empire it could be in a state of decay during the 30 or so years. We don't know that maybe the rebels had to seize Coruscant in which case the seat would have been in a state of decay or disarray.

A zoo would be fantastic with all the strange alien creatures and perhaps some familiars as well.

3. 3PO

3PO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    I love Courscant and hope it appears, along with Nar Shadda.

Holy cow, overthink much? I can assure you none of the fans are going to be thinking "WOW, wouldn't the trade routes have been blocked?!?!" when it appears on screen...

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004

I don't think they're over-thinking anything. It's a realistic outcome to the Galactic Civil War. Coruscant very well could be in a state hitherto unseen.

5. 3PO

Nov 5, 2003

[face_rofl] You keep telling yourself that. Anyone who thinks the fanbase outside of the hardcores is going to analyze why Courscant looks like it does when trade routes should have been blocked is just fooling themselves.

This is why 90% of Star Wars fans can't enjoy the films - they think about things like that.

6. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Coruscant Zoo!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. SuperPersch

Apr 25, 2004

Tell me more about how 90% of Star Wars fans can't enjoy the films. Tell me more, on this message board devoted to discussing Star Wars by the fans of it.

The bit about trade routes was one small variable in his formula. The main takeaway is that Coruscant could have fallen into disarray and some of it may be ruled by crime syndicates, warlords, etc. How is this over-thinking it? You think having the planet be exactly like it is 60 years prior would be realistic? Or smart? Or desirable?

8. 3PO

Nov 5, 2003
    I would say you must be new here but I know better....

There is natural change but to actually think that it should be run down (which is fine by itself) because the previous workers can't feed their family is absurd.

This is basically the "shouldn't all stormtroopers be the same height because of military regulations?" argument all over again.

Regardless, I'm done with the conversation.

Edit: This forum does not play well with Chrome sometimes....

9. SuperPersch

Apr 25, 2004
    Huh? What does any of that have to do with "Lucas is always right?" We're talking about Coruscant being run down, and how it would be that way. If it were to be a ruin or run by crime families in Episode VII, and they never really explain any of that, then fine. We're talking generally, what would Coruscant be like in the wake of the Empire's downfall. Totally legitimate discussion.

And yea, I liked Indy IV overall. I understand that has somehow dissociated me from the rest of coherent and logical society. Makes sense.

10. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Oh, I understand. I wasn't accusing the Yubster of being crazy. But it's almost hard to remember that there was a time, oh about a year or so ago, in the Desert of Pre-October 2012 Lucasfilm, where the mere hint of a new Star Wars movie by George would lead to banner headlines. If he went to Starbucks and ordered "seven" pastries, there would be stories about secret Episode 7 plans.

11. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013

Unlike quite a few fans roaming around out there, I haven't had too many problems with Lucas' frequent additions, but including the Jedi Temple in the 2004 version of the SE doesn't really make any sense. After countless centuries, the Sith conquer and rule the galaxy, wipied out their enemy, the corrupt Jedi, and....Sidious just leaves the Jedi Temple standing? Say what? That's one large ideological symbol of the Jedi order if there ever was one; it would have been one of the first structures to get razed.

What purpose does it serve? A sign of defeat and destruction? Maybe, but I think it's presence would instill hope, more than anything else. After Vader's assault on the temple, you'd think the Empire would have sacked the place (taking whatever valuables, Jedi artifacts, tech, records, Holocrons, etc) and then destroyed the building and perhaps construct an Imperial memorial or civic center.

Dra--- and Beezer like this.
  12. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I'm not sure about that. After both the French and Russian revolutions, grand and stately buildings were either reused for other things and/or left as a symbol of past decadence and the struggles to overcome them - they weren't particularly torn down or destroyed. Even Auswitch wasn't torn down.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  13. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I did listen to it again (while grading papers) and he talks about "where things are gonna go after Episode 6" (the return of the Senate). You win!

In my (false) memory, Lucas was being a bit facetious. I have no clue why my memory comes up with these things. (Well, actually, I do—but that goes way outside the topic of these boards.)

Well, we know that the Coruscant Zoo will appear, after all, it's in Supershadow's Episode 7 plot outline! :p

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The villain will have a new space station that will turn planets into food, so Benedict Arnold Pumpkinbatch will turn Coruscant into a croissant.

15. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013

Point well made.

Darth PJ and purplerain like this.
  16. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I thought someone said, maybe wookipedia, that the Jedi Temple was reused by The Inquisitors as their Base of Evil.

If Rebels goes with that, I'd be happy.

Vohnkar and purplerain like this.
  17. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Speaking of which, ever notice the resemblance between the Jedi Temple exterior and the Death Star II throne room exterior?

TheManFromMortis and Dra--- like this.
  18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes this means that the Death Star was the Jedi Temple this whole time!

Skywalker Thing and purplerain like this.
  19. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Fits the whole "The Empire is the Republic" thing GL was going for.

20. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Well we do need an Ewok cameo.

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No all of the Ewoks died from the after effects of the Death Star exploding.

22. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Dude, the Death Star explosion was a fake produced by the government. You could see the matte lines and everything.

23. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Definitely down to see new parts of Coruscant. But enough with the Senate building! Lets see other parts of the Republic at work. I'm imagining a harrowing scene set within the Coruscant DMV.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  24. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    The Senate will probably be shut down due to attempts to defund Mothmacare.

25. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    As all DMV scenes are! I'm getting chills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.