main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Whither Coruscant?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Coruscant still has tons of areas and characters that are ripe for exploration, and I'd love to the return of the Jedi Temple and the Senate populated with OT characters.

On a side note, I just realized I misspelled Coruscant earlier in this thread. Obviously it was a typo since I spelled it correctly later in the same post, but I had to own my shame when I saw it.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Is the whole planet really just one big city, or was Ric Ollie covering up something very sinister about the secrets of the planet?

Dra--- and Mystery_Roach like this.
  3. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Coruscant is amazing and i hope we see it again.

Andy Wylde and Echo-07 like this.
  4. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I'd like to see Grand Master Luke Skywalker and the new Jedi at the Temple and Leia as Chancellor on Coruscant. I think a nice way to possibly end IX would be to have Luke watching the training of the new Jedi giving his approval of the new order like the ghosts did at the end of Jedi.

Trebor Sabreon and Iron_lord like this.
  5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    This just made me think of the earlier draft of Palpatine's palace on Had Abbadon. His throne room was located underneath this gothic cathedral, full of lava streams and floating segments of rock (sound Mustafar familiar?). Anyway, under Coruscant or not I wonder if any of this might be repeated in the ST. The setting is much more evocative of hell and the devil than the DS2 thrown room and Palpatine. Had Abbadon being the original name for Coruscant.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That would be awesome to see. Episode 8 maybe? That would have been awesome of they made the base in ROTS more like that.

Immortiss likes this.
  7. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Yeah, that would be really cool to see. I remember reading about that in one of the behind the scenes books. Maybe we could see something like that hidden in the underworld of Coruscant? I agree that the scene you describe would be much scarier than anything seen on the Death Stars.

Force Smuggler and Immortiss like this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Is there a total list of things from the guides that haven't been used yet? We have to strike gold sometime with some of those unused ideas that might be used in the ST.

9. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Nice. [face_tee_hee]

10. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I like Coruscant, but I'd rather see the Jedi Temple somewhere less stuffy, more at one with the Force.

TKT, Lee_ and Echo-07 like this.
  11. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004

I have mixed feelings about this. The inclusion at the end of Episode VI sets up its return in Episode VII nicely. There are a lot of practical reasons for it to be situated in the Republic capital, and I'd love to see the OT characters in that environment. On the other hand, it could be argued that there's a thematic correlation between the the Jedi being up in their lofty towers on an unnatural world like Coruscant and their arrogance and detachment from the living Force which helped lead to their downfall. I think the best compromise for me (and I'd imagine this is something you'd be on board with), would be for them to start out using the temple and then have to relocate after it gets destroyed. That way, we get a true thematic reset of the Jedi ideals played out as a story arc seen on screen, and we get to have some of that Coruscant destruction that you've talked about wanting to see.

12. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    After the atrocities that happened there I honestly could NOT believe that Luke would be willing to attempt to re-establish the Jedi Order there.

However, WHAT IF Coruscant was finally overthrown by the Rebel Alliance, the rebels finally defeated the Imperial loyalists, and we are in the initial stages of seeing the republic rebuilt? Then in this case we could see Luke discovering the atrocities via the archive. In which case I think he would wish for the place strong in the Dark Side and the place where his father first acted as Darth Vader be razed.

At any rate, I think Luke sets up shop on A) Tatooine B) Yavin or C) Tython. Any of those 3 would be fitting but I would LOVE if it were Tyhton.

Trebor Sabreon and Dra--- like this.
  13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Coruscant is actually Unicron in disguise!

Trebor Sabreon and Dra--- like this.
  14. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Well, since Disney owns Star Wars, we could see Disney World Coruscant.

It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all. It's a small, small world. Now die, Jedi! Execute Order 66, Commander Mickey!

Count Yubnub likes this.
  15. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Oh, stop it all of you. This is too much. I'm flattered, just flattered!

16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah, I would also, come to think of it.

The fan video that JJ and his staff said they liked a lot ("4 rules to make SW great again," sure all here have seen it, posted below this just in case) has rule #1 being that SW happens in desolate places out in the frontier, not in cities, libraries, parliament, etc.

I loved Coruscant as much as anyone, but I too would like to see them return to some of the dark and/or desolate type of scenarios of the OT. I think it would fit the story MUCH better if whatever was shown in this city was a HUGE change- not just showing basically the same Coruscant all this time later, with all of the changes in the galaxy. I would love it if it were deserted and in ruins when they went back (like earth cities in planet of the apes), or desecrated and destroyed by war. They could also make it a place that has been taken over by warlords, bounty hunters, evil/crazy aliens; they could make some sort of wild and crazy futuristic ghetto inhabited by alien races out of the whole planet. Under the Empire, it could have turned into a run-down and dark city like earth was in Blade Runner. That would be RAD.

I would rather see Luke have the Jedi temple on some remote, trippy planet, resmbling some far out monastery.

TKT and Dra--- like this.
  17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    You are going to have to interview all of these people now you realize?

18. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    One might think one ramifications of the first six films is to include more Outer Rim planets in the general governance of the Republic. So I wouldn't be surprised, or at least think it would be interesting politically, if the New Republic moved the center of government to a location more physically central to the galaxy.

One might argue that Washington DC is nowhere near geographically central, but it was, at one time. And I believe the US gov't did at one time consider moving to St. Louis.

19. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    how they handle Coruscant is important as its probably the biggest thing not mentioned in the OT. To make it all flow together as 9 films Coruscants role must be defined, will it be retained as the centre of the galaxy or was it laid waste too? btw, in universe, do we think Luke had ever heard of Coruscant before Ep4?

20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    So who will play Coruscant this time around? They must be a gifted chameleon.

21. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Lee_ You really have to make it so that blasphemous video gets MORE gratuitous views? -_-

Andy Wylde likes this.
  22. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    Since Luke was planning on attending the Empire's flight academy, it's probably safe to assume he knew from where the center of government operated.

23. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I had actually only intended to put a link, but I guess when you paste the address from You Tube, the actual video pops up. The video isn't honest in a lot of ways, and there are certainly a lot of negative implication toward the PT that I wouldn't agree with; I was more making a point about Coruscant, and where I thought JJ might go with it.

24. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Beware the Inquisitorius! ;)

25. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    in the film the world imperial is not used, growing up I always thought it was the alliance academy...do clones go to acadamies? Just going on the films its uncertain where he is talking about

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.