main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who’s the best actor/actress in the ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Dec 17, 2017.

?

Who’s the best actor/actress in the ST?

1. Harrison Ford (Han Solo)

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  2. Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker)

15 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa)

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. Daisy Ridley (Rey)

15 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Adam Driver (Kylo Ren)

37 vote(s)
    48.1%
  6. John Boyega (Finn)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron)

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  8. Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Kelly Marie Tran (Rose Tico)

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  10. Other

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Who do you think is the best actor/actress in the sequel trilogy so far?

Let’s try to keep this positive. We’re talking about the best, not the worst.

A lot of the actors have given fantastic performances, but I’m going with Adam Driver as Kylo Ren. I would go into detail explaining how amazing he is, and how he nails every single scene he’s in, but I think you get the point.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  2. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017
    I was going to put Mark Hamill, but then I remembered Oscar Isaac is literally a chameleon.

Ruffmeian likes this.
  3. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    Adam Driver. He also has the biggest arc— but I’ve seen everything he’s been in and he’s a scene stealer.

He does 0-60 crazy so well and voice flucuations, it gives me goosebumps. “No, no. You’re still HOLDING on. LET GO!”

11-4D, Chunkydumb, Darth Dnej and 3 others like this.
  4. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Considering some are seasoned actors with a wealth of experience under their belts and taking into account the dialogue they had to deliver in a believable (yeah, I know it's SW and primarily aimed at kids) then I voted for Miss Ridley.

Jazz9276 likes this.
  5. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Adam. Super performance.

6. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Adam Driver, by far. I don't like this trilogy that much but I'm not about to sit here and not commend this man for helping make Kylo Ren the only remotely interesting new character in it.

7. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Mark Hamill, by far.

8. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Daisy Ridley. Yeah; sue me because I'm typically biased towards the female characters (although was disappointed with Captain Phasma, IMO her character wasn't even needed).

Jazz9276 likes this.
  10. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Adam Driver brought it he's one of the best of his generation.

11. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Hamill gives my fav performance but for quantity & quality of work across both movies I can't go past Driver & Ridley. They both crushed their roles in TLJ. Ridley was slightly better in TFA I thought, so I voted for her. Both of those actors are amazing assets to this franchise.

Jazz9276 likes this.
  12. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    As much as I loved Mark, I absolutely have to give my vote here to Adam. The guy is a phenomenal actor and he makes Kylo so believable to me. I loved his scene with Rey aboard the Supremacy when he's trying to get her to join him. The way he delivered that line "No, no, you're still holding on!!!!" Brilliant. The way he boils over with rage at the appearance of Luke Skywalker on Crait. Fantastic. All the subtleties of his interactions with Rey. He's at the forefront of the new tier of acting ability the ST has brought to the franchise.

Yora, Gonk Droid, Miotas and 3 others like this.
  13. Knoah

Knoah Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2017
    Ridley

Miotas and Jazz9276 like this.
  14. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    In terms of work actually in the films rather than whole career I think its very clear Adam Driver.

SgtTimBob likes this.
  15. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Mark Hamill by a long way for me. First ST performance I effortlessly believed in.

16. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    Definitely Adam Driver. While I'd argue that Oscar Isaac is probably just as great an actor overall- and quite possibly Daisy too, I think Adam has the benefit of playing the role that offers him more to do all around as an actor. It would be so easy for a lesser actor to screw up in a role like Kylo Ren- but Adam nails it and makes all the complexities and nuances of Ben Solo as a character shine. When you put Ben's actions down on paper and read it off as a list, it seems impossible that anyone could ever find him endearing or relatable, or even perhaps hope for him to redeem himself- but when you're watching Adam in action on film portraying the character, I think he makes you feel it.

I feel a little guilty, because I'm also a huge fan of Daisy's performances as Rey so far and think she's a big part of why the character has been a huge success for fans. Her performance really energizes Rey and has been able to really go there when the hammer falls for her character in both TFA and TLJ. For all of the justly earned praise Adam gets for his acting in the throne room scene, I think it's just as important to note that Daisy is able to go toe-to-toe with him and sell the heartbreak, conflict and dread Rey is feeling there. It's eerie how much Daisy resembles Natalie Portman as Padme on Mustafar in that scene.

17. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    John is charismatic and Daisy has done a nice job, but Adam is the clear winner, to me. I agree with Chained Prometheus that Daisy has more than held her own, and she and Adam give me hope for ending the trilogy well.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  18. Zalbaar

Zalbaar Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2016
    Daisy Ridley by a mile.

19. Miotas

Miotas Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 25, 2010
    If I could vote for 2, Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver.
    I voted Adam Driver. He blew me away. I think he is one of the best young actors of our age. I cannot wait to see what his future holds.

20. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Adam Driver is killing this sequel trilogy.

Yora, Gonk Droid, hermiona52 and 2 others like this.
  21. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

Yeah, I really wish I could have voted for Daisy too. She's just as vital to the success of the Sequel Trilogy thus far as Adam is and completely holds her own in the scenes she shares with him and often steals the show in scenes when acting off of someone else.

But at the end of the day, if it has to be just one person that gets the vote, I do think it needs to be Adam Driver. His work as Kylo Ren is remarkable.

hermiona52, Dak Oolron and Miotas like this.
  22. frail47

frail47 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    Adam Driver. Daisy Ridley is also very good, but I don't think the character of Rey is given enough nuance to fully demonstrate it.

Oscar Isaac is a terrific actor as well, and is being woefully underutilized here.

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I’m surprised that Domhnall isn’t getting any mentions here. His acting is so over the top that it’s actually brilliant. That acting style also makes him stand out among all of the others. His scene in TFA where he makes his speech before the Starkiller Base superweapon gets fried at those five planets was terrifyingly good.

24. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    double post

25. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    Mark Hamill followed closely by Driver. Both of them understand the importance of nuance. Daisy bless her heart still has ways to go, I cringed at some of her lines, especially that elevator scene where she's pleading with Kylo.

26. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    I like him too, and I think he plays his character great. But Adam Driver has more opportunities to portray emphasis, expressions and subtleties- when he's asking Rey if she can see his surroundings he sounds a little amused, and then furrows his brow when he says "just you." These all add up to a big portrayal that I just don't think any other actor can live up to, because it's not written into their character, but also because I think he has a great understanding that all these little things add up to the audience intrigue with him.

Luke's expressions though, with the closeups on his eyes... Mark said so much more in them than his words would have.

11-4D likes this.