main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who are Eagles and Giants fans supposed to root for?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2006
    Tonight is the Falcons, Cowgirls game. Now if the falcons win that will mean the eagles can beat the giants and tie for the leand in the NFC east. But if Falcons win and Eagles win, then the giants will tie them. If the falcons lose, it will give the Eagles and Giants a safety blanket, but not much of a chance to lead the NFC East.

Who should I root for, Falcons or Cowgirls?

2. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Falcons are going to lose tonight, and Philly is going to get spanked on Christmas. I'd go with Dallas.

I'd be very surprised if Philly beat the Giants, but at this point I'm rooting for them, out of their game tomorrow.

3. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I am so conflicted about the season it is making it hard for me to watch football. I don't want to root against the Eagles and I always want them to win and do well. However, if this team limps into the playoffs and steals a spot because of how horrendous the NFC is this year, the Eagles organization will make no changes over the off-season. They will still, mistakenly, believe that they are an upper echelon team which made the playoffs without their best player. They will believe their assinine philosophy still works: pass an obscene amount of times, no short yardage running game and a defensive strategy that ignores the importance of linebackers. If the Eagles make the playoffs, they will not revisit their failed strategies and approach to the game. They will ignore the weaknesses of their atrocious defense. If they make the playoffs, they will only be delaying their stay in mediocrity for another couple of years.

I really hate this season.

4. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

Jul 18, 2006
    Look, the Eagles still have a lot to improve on, but I still think we can get to at least the second round of the playoffs and dare I say it, the super bowl! They have been playing very well the last 2 games and Garcia definately has the ability to carry this team. There is no doubt in my mind the Eagles will play better next year, but so far, Im relatively happy with this year (at least compared to last year).

5. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    The Eagles have no chance in the playoffs. You cannot go far in the playoffs if you're defense is giving up over 200 yards a game on the ground. This Eagles team has massive weaknesses, especially on defense. They are only in this race because of how inept the NFC is this year. If the Birds were in the AFC, they would be way under .500. In fact, they have only won 1 of their 4 games with the AFC this year (which was also against the AFC South the weakest part of the AFC), which is a .250 percentage. That is top five pick in the draft type of range.

This Eagles team is terrible. They cannot stop anyone on defense, they get nothing on their special teams and they are poorly coached. This team needs to change if they are ever going to be a top team in the league again. These changes and improvements will not be made if they steal a playoff spot this year.

6. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    SLR is on point with the Eagles not making changes philosiphy. I guess I'd root for Dallas tonight cause it bumps the Falcons down but that being said I can't see the Eagles beating any of the teams left.

7. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

Jul 18, 2006
    The change you guys are talking about is running the ball more. Andy Reid is not the kind of coach that runs it a lot and he never has been. People need to stop complaining about that, Reid pases 60% and Runs about 40%. That seems resonable. I think Im gona root for the Falcons instead of the Cowgirls, I think the Eagles can win tomorow.

8. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    I'm routing for the Cowgirls because that's who I picked. :p
    *mumbles* Stupid Seahawks. *mumbles*

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

9. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    I wouldn't worry about it Ian, do you know anyone that actually picked the 48ers in that game?

10. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    everyone in the weekly speculation thread picked the seahawks. :p

11. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

Jul 18, 2006
    I won 6 bucks thanks to the 49ers!

edit- I change my mind, Eagles need a safety blanked, go Cowgirls! Actually...forget it, its too hard, Im just gonna watch the game and hope they all get injured.

12. Yule-TideAngus

Yule-TideAngus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2006
    I'm an Eagles fan, and this question came to mind when I saw this game was going to happen. I thought about it, and came to the conclusion that no matter what, I will never stoop to the level of rooting for the Cowboys. So go Falcons.

13. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I agree with SLR and you pretty much summed up my feelings Yule-tide.

I couldn't ever root for the Cowgirls. :p

14. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

Jul 18, 2006
    HAHAHA What happened to your 14-0 lead Dalass?

15. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    It was reduced to a ten point win, that's what happened. :)

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    She wins.

Turn in your key, Guardian, you're going home.

17. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    It is not about running the ball more. It is changing the philosophy and the assinine practices that no other teams have. Every team has a short yardage back except the Eagles. The Eagles have one of the worst success rates at 3rd or 4th and short. This has been a problem since Staley left almost 3 years ago and has never been addressed. It is also the fact that the Eagles defensive alignment and strategy no longer works. Their defense is atrocious. Their blitz schemes are no longer novel and the other teams in the league now know how to adjust to their schemes. They are undersized on the d-line and their line are worn down over a long season and can no longer get off blocks. Their defensive line has been pushed around the last 6 weeks and have been averaging about 3-4 tackles a game as a group. That is why they give up so many damn yards on the ground. This team is the only team in the league that believes linebackers aren't important. Which is totally wrong and this has hurt them tremendously as well.

We can complain all we want about Reid and his assinine approach to the game. He (as well as all other coaches) is not due deference and is not above questioning or reproach. I could care less that this is his approach to the game. It doesn't work anymore (and didn't in the past either considering the Eagles have not won any championships with this guy). His stubborness and his inability to adapt and change to reflect the situation is turning the Eagles into a laughingstock.

18. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004

But I coulda gained a game! :_|

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

19. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

Jul 4, 2004
    The scary part is the Eagles are an elite team in the NFC right now.

20. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I know. It says wonders for the state of parity in the league (or should I say league wide mediocrity).

21. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

Jul 4, 2004
    Yeah it really shows just how bad the NFC is this year, I've heard a few analysts say they could be going to the super bowl this year.

22. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Eagles in the Bowl? Okay, now we're just getting silly here. :p First, they have to win at least one game to get into the playoffs. Two, they get the East. Two and a a Saints loss to Newy York, and amazingly, a first round bye.

But first things first: win one game, then worry about the postseason :p

23. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

Jul 4, 2004

I'm not saying I think they'll make the bowl but the NFC really is that wide open. Chicago has injuries and the Grossman factor. Seattle just lost to San Fran and doesnt look dominent. Dallas is overhyped, Romo is not a god. New Orleans looked to be the best team but after that loss to Washington who knows. I think its anyones game in that conference right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.