main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Who are more villainous and despicable neimodians or the Hutts.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jangounchained1990, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015
    It's greedy lying cowards vs horny cruel sadists gangstes. Personally I would rather have my drink poisoned by a neimodian or locked in and gased then digested by a sarlacc.

The Sith Camp likes this.
  2. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    Short answer : - Hutts .

3. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
  4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Well, from what we see, I'd say the Nemoidians

Gunray is responsible for trying to wipe out an entire species and enslaving the capital of a planet while, going by the saga alone, we don't know much about what the Hutts do

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

Well, we know what Jabba can do, and Captain Panaka says that the Hutts are gangsters.

Still, you're right about the Nemoidians, at least the Trade Federation big wigs.

6. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    The Hutts enslave people for personal amusement. If Jabba is an example of the typical Hutt, then most Hutts may also like to feed sentient beings to rancors and the Sarlacc for personal amusement as well. They also torture droids.

The Nemoidians' blockade and invasion of Naboo was terrible, but they were ultimately just pawns of Sidious. Willing to do despicable things, but out of cowardice more than maleficence.

Thus, I would say the Hutts are more villainous and despicable

7. brosnanfan

brosnanfan Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2015
    The Trade Federation is one of my favorite Star Wars villains

Not nearly as much as the Galactic Empire, but I love the idea of the Trade Federation. A lot of people hate Episode I for being about "trade" and "disputes" and such, but if you think about it the concept of the Trade Federation makes a lot of sense. The Empire represents the evils of fascism and totalitarianism, while the TF embodies the evils of capitalism and greed.

Why does the TF employ only droids? Well odds are that at some point the Nemoidians made up the work force (or employed other aliens), and over time replaced them with droids since they require no pay. The Nemoidians are shown to be excessively greedy and out for themselves. Why all the battle droids and tanks? Because the TF wants to do business with anyone on their own terms, and its easy to strong-arm people with your own military. Plus the TF probably owns the companies that make the AATs, MTTs, and ships which would further lower the cost, and the Republic during this time has disarmed itself since the Sith are no longer a threat. Thus, as long as the TF maintains a military large enough to compete with the planets it deals with (such as Naboo, which is also very pacifist) the TF can do whatever it wants.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  8. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    The Hutts are gangsters. They're unphased by political motivations and Galactic conquest. That's why I think the Neimodians are worse. They aligned themselves with the Sith in hopes of expanding their corporate empire, and resort to underhanded trickery and deception when they don't get what they want. Imagine if Chase or Capitol One set up a private army around your home, rendering you incapable of leaving your home, or going out for groceries, because you didn't pay your outrageous credit card bill.

9. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
  10. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Hmmm. Maybe Wat Tambor's species.

11. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'd rather deal with the Neimodians than the Hutts.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  12. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    Hutts are definitely worse. As a famous Jedi once said, I hate Hutts.

13. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    The Hutts, except the numpty Ziro.

14. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Hutts just going by my non-EU basic knowledge.

15. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    *engage nerd mode* You can't generalize a whole species like that. So basically what The_Phantom_Calamari said.

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The one that colluded with the Sith and started a galactic war.

17. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I'd say overall the Hutts. Nemodians seem to think they're doing the right thing, if even just slightly a move made on greed. They always seem terrified and unsure of what they've gotten themselves into. They might not be saints, but they're in a war and death goes hand in hand with war. They believe they're trying to accomplish something positive for their planet and species, and for their allies.

Hutt's, well, they're just corrupt and they know it and flaunt it. They don't seem to have any empathy or remorse, and at the end, it all comes down to credits and respect. They're the mob. They aren't trying to accomplish a "revolution" so to speak, like the Nemodians are. To quote TLC, they're going out and making money the best way they know how, another body layin' cold in the gutter.

Jangounchained1990 likes this.
  18. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015

Well - the Neimoidians - whilst like Hutts they enjoy fine living, luxury and the credits, credits and credits ... the thing is Neimoidians prefer to leave the 'dirty work' to minions whereas some Hutts are more than willing to do nasty things ... well there was atleast Beldorion the Hutt ... and I have yet to hear of a Force-Sensitive (not saying there isn't) Neimoidian ... and the fact most Neimoidians are more comfortable behind a desk directing battles and such rather than confronting danger when it does confront them ... I mean atleast Jabba faced Darth Maul and Luke and Anakin at times even though he knew he wasn't going to win against them - whereas the average Neimoidian will end up grovelling and soon a useless corpse ignited from a Lightsaber ... and the fact a Hutt has basic resistance to The Force ... and also being bulkier and more durable than Neimoidian - they surely can not only dish out more punishments but also taking in punishment better than a Neimoidian ...

On the other hand - then again Neimoidians are incredibly organized - but it seems other than business and such they don't seem to engage to the level of 'dirty fighting' and business the Hutts do - the Neimoidians seem to be more of corporate corrupt thieves and such and greedy but whereas the Hutts 'don't give a slip' about who they are dealing with - given in the Clone Wars they were more or less neutral - and well Jabba playing both sides ... whereas the Neimoidians by default worked for Count Dooku and the Separatists ...

Whilst Neimoidians avoid physical labor and prefer to get droids to work for them - the Hutts likewise use both slaves and droids to service them and well Jabba being a good example ...

Although I'm surprised the Hutts surely could have had a senator to represent them in the Galactic Senate ...

19. DaveyWanKenobi

DaveyWanKenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 4, 2015
    While they are both despicable, I don't seem to recall any Neimoidians feeding their helpless sex slaves to hungry Rancors....but I could probably name a Hutt that did that....

20. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Drug distributing, weapon dealing, women kidnapping/exploiting, public executing gangsters. v.s. Planet starving, greedy, political manipulating, lying, mega-corporation with a private military force greater than that of the Republic's own defenses.

hmmm... that is a tough one.

One is organized criminal evil, the other is political/corporate/military evil.

DaveyWanKenobi likes this.