main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who are the Dark Jedi that help the Emperor Purge the Jedi?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zinergy, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zinergy

Zinergy Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2004
    I was recently re-reading the "Dark Force Rising" comic TPB, and it said that one or two of the Dark Jedi helped the Emperor and Darth Vader hunt down and destroy the Jedi. Who were they? Assaj Ventress? Quinlan Vos? Durge (not a Jedi) General Grievous (not a Jedi)

2. Brett_Bass

Brett_Bass Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    One of 'em was Darth Vader... The other one was, well, you guessed it...

Frank Stallone.
    :D

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    That "one or two" as told by C'baoth a dozen years ago is now modified to a lot more.

There were altogether 9 darksider elites, under Sedriss, whom Skywalker beat with just one spastic Force push.

There was Jerec and his band of cronies.

I'm not even going to mention Kadann and his fruit flies.

Please note that not all of them were hunting during the purge years. Some could have been recruited later. Indeed, NEGTC says Sedriss outranked Jerec and all other dark kissers save for Vader, and not quite 30yrs of age.

Further more, there must be some way to beat Desann on hardest level. A few hits, and he's hurling me to the very ceiling in a Chistori tantrum.

4. Csillan_girl

Csillan_girl Jedi Master star 5

May 6, 2003
    Perhaps the Emperor's Hands fall under this category, too - it was Mara Jade who found out about the Dark Woman after all, and she wanted to hunt her down herself.

5. Zinergy

Aug 22, 2004
    I am talking immediately post Revenge of the Sith... Mara would be too young.

6. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Roganda Ismaren
    Tremayne
    Aldaric Brandl
    That crazed Cerean
    Maarak Steele
    Arden Lyn
    Jeng Droga

7. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Ismaren was only a child then.

8. Zinergy

Aug 22, 2004
    That crazed Cerean
    Jeng Droga

Never heard of these two... who are they?

9. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Droga, Jeng
    this Dark Side adept was one of Emperor Palpatine's students, and was the pilot of the Emperor's personal yacht, the Emperor's Shadow. Droga was known as a somber man whose loyalty to Palpatine ran extremely deep. It was rumored that Droga and Palpatine shared a psychic bond, which was the reason he was promoted to command the Emperor's Shadow. It was believed that Droga went insane and vanished, along with the Emperor's Shadow, shortly after the Emperor's death at the Battle of Endor. Further investigation revealed that Droga had fled Endor for the planet Kaal, where he went insane, killing the bridge crew and crashing the ship into the ocean in an effort to join Palpatine in death. Droga did not die, though, as Palaptine's Dark Side spirit found Droga's dying body when it fled the destruction of the second Death Star. Sate Pestage later recovered Droga's body, and used Sith magic to extract Palpatine's essence. Droga was allowed to live on, and later blamed himself for not protecting Palaptine when the Emperor was finally dispatched on Byss. Droga returned to Kaal, hoping to find a way to resurrect Palpatine yet again. He emerged during the Third Battle of Yavin, and went irrevocably insane upon learning that four former Royal Imperial Guards had pretended to be the Emperor. (SWJ7, SWJ14, GMR5)

Del Korrot
    this Cerean emerged from the Clone Wars and presented himself to Emperor Palpatine as a Jedi hunter. Palpatine was amused by Del Korrot's audacity, and agreed to support Korrot's efforts within the Empire. Palpatine allowed Korrot to freelance outside the Empire's borders, so long as his Imperial duties were completed. Using the starship Shadow I, Del Korrot traveled the galaxy looking for any Jedi Knights who might have survived the Jedi Purge. He wore a suit of cortosis-impregnated armor, and often killed innocent beings simply because they were in the way. He claimed these innocents were latent Force-sensitives, but Emperor Palpatine began to tire of his unnecessary killings. The Emperor sent Darth Vader to eliminate Del Korrot, and the Cerean was unable to overcome all the methods of attack the Dark Lord could bring at him. Eventually, Vader was able to strike down Del Korrot and kill him. (DSSB)

10. Zinergy

Aug 22, 2004
    former Royal Imperial Guards had pretended to be the Emperor.

HUH?!? When did this happen?

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    YJK, IIRC.

12. ausar_vos

ausar_vos Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2004
    question...what does (SWJ7, SWJ14, GMR5, DSSB)stand for? I really want to know where I can read about this? Sounds very cool, I didn't know so much was written about the Dark Jedi. Also where does that list of DJs come from (no initials please):

Rogan da Ismaren
    Tremayne
    Aldaric Brandl
    That crazed Cerean
    Maarak Steele
    Arden Lyn
    Jeng Droga

This stuff so interesting!

13. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Most of them I never read about I just know a little about them, Roganda Ismaren was an Emperor's Hand and also one of his concubines. She appeared in Children of the Jedi.

I think Brandl and Tremayne were both Inquisitors, dark siders appointed by Palpatine to kill the remaining jedi. They appeared in a number of short stories, probably in Star Wars Adventure Journal and maybe later published in one of those "Tales From" novels, though I'm not sure about that. Some of these short stories are nearly impossible to get though.

I'm not sure about the abbreviations, these are possibly not correct.

SWJ = Star Wars Adventure Journal
    GMR = Star Wars Gamer
    DSSB = Dark Side Sourcebook

14. ausar_vos

Feb 11, 2004
    but you do give very specific references in your earlier post. Like SWJ14.

15. Darth_Seer

Darth_Seer Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2004
    The Emperor had tons of dark servants who worked for him in some capacity. The Emperor's hands like Lyn, Jade, etc., his dark side inquisitors, adepts, the prophets of the dark side, Jerec, Vader...

16. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    but you do give very specific references in your earlier post. Like SWJ14.

All shamelessly copied from TFN's unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia. [face_batting]

17. Brett_Bass

Brett_Bass Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Whoever it was that mentioned Marek Steele must not've played TIE Fighter.
    ;)

General Steele was a TIE pilot in the Imperial Navy. He was indicted into the Navy's ranks several years after the rise of the Empire, and was only just barely Force-sensitive enough to be an ace fighter pilot. He's still alive and kicking in the Empire in the 'present' as some sort of liason to the 181st Imperial Fighter Group. He might or might not pilot a TIE Avenger.

18. ausar_vos

Feb 11, 2004
    All shamelessly copied from TFN's unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia.

Ah Ha![face_shame_on_you]

Hey man it's all good, isn't why it's there?

But hope these characters are used and properly introduced in post Episode III EU. We get the notion of Dark Jedi introduced in the prequel through Asajj Ventress, Skorr and now Quinlan Vos=D=. I think it establishes the origins of Sidious' use of these fallen jedi. But more time should be spending discovering these characters. I hope we see more of them and about them soon.

19. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    I'm not so very well versed in the EU, but I've been under the impression that the Dark Jedi, in order to save their own skin, became servants of the Emperor. I also believe that these Dark Jedi weren't instructed in the ways of the Sith and wouldn't know how to use Force Lightning, which would be the reason why Joruus C'Baoth was able to defeat the Dark Jedi at Mount Tantiss (then the question is how he learned to use it).

20. Master_DuSai

Master_DuSai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    Aurra Sing must have been involved somehow. After all, she eventually escapes from her captivity, according to the OS she shows up on Tatooine 20 years after her capture, and her specialty is hunting Jedi....

If Asajj Ventress survives the Clone wars (big IF) then she is most likely involved as well in the immediate purges.

Vydel Dir'Nul could even be a canidate. A homicidal, insane Jedi, she is a serial murderer, and already has killed a Jedi who came after her to invistigate. But, alas, her destiny is undetermined.

It really depends on what dark jedi are left at the end of the clone wars. They are dropping like flys so far.....Anakin alone has killed at least 4 possibly more depending if he is "Desertwind" from I, Jedi and whom else he kills offscreen or in future stories.

I would put C'Both on the list except that according to some source book, can't remember which one, he is actually the Guardian of Mount Tantiss and the story about killing the previous guardian is a figment of his insanity plagued immagination, as he was placed there by the Emperor himself. As for how he learned force lightning....Palpy probaly imbeded the knowledge in the flash learning package for the clone.

21. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Dark Jedi Vialco could shoot lightning, in that Tales short story whose pronounciation is anyone's guess.

Then again, back in those days---and even now---all writers can make their Dark Jedi do is the same old throat choke and hand lightning.

22. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    The Imperial Inquisitors were big on this. They included such figures as:

Adalric Cessius Brandl
    Ameesa Darys
    Drayneen
    Halmere
    Jerec
    Loam Redge
    Laddinare Torbin
    Tremayne