main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who are the JC's dedicated members?

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by epic , Jan 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I am one of the most dedicated members here. Just look at my post count. :)

2. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    BFT: 27 000 :eek:

::faints::

-Comic Book Guy

3. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    BFT, you're a bit behind schedule... I expected you to have 30,000 posts by now. :p ;)

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    That month-long hiatus really put a damper on my post rate. :(

5. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    I must have missed the memo where being dedicated meant spamming your way to a ludicrously high post count.

6. Homer Maddux

Homer Maddux Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 1999
    Here, here.
    HM :cool:
    I mean, I am here. I am dedicated. Yup.

7. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I must have missed the memo where being dedicated meant spamming your way to a ludicrously high post count.

Nicely done, JJ :cool:

8. Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2002
    Spamming? No way! :p

Tayschrenn

9. EmpressPalpatine

EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 31, 2001
  10. dark42

dark42 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    I come and read stuff every day. But I don't always post something everyday.

11. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Man, this thread is an evolution of members. The first page of this thread brings back memories. That was my crew of '99. *sniff*

I'd also like to point out that this thread is like 2 and a half years old. YAY.

12. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    I just post in threads I find interesting, my normal hang out threads, and then I check and see what some of my watched users are up to. If I decide my wathed user has found an interesting topic, then I may post.

Right now I just have all day long.

13. wadda_u_know

wadda_u_know Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2000
    Wow! On page 5 is my former screenname, YaDdLeWaNnAwOoWoO! That is so weird... I was so young and stupid...

14. DarthNut

DarthNut Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 1, 1999
    Wow, this thread is old.

DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.

15. Dracmus

Dracmus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    i post only if i need to...

16. Porkins in a Speedo

Porkins in a Speedo Jedi Knight star 5

May 6, 1999
    i post when my neighbor's cat tells me to.

17. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Yeah, cats have a habbit of making people post on the JC.

18. Red_Oktobur

Red_Oktobur Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 7, 2001
    It's only been 8 monthes and approx 1,100 posts a month for me, I think I'm dedicated. We'll see when the new year comes around and if I'm still here, but I think I am truely dedicated.

19. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I'm not.

I post twice a day.

Three on a good day.

20. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, it all depends on what qualifies as dedicated. To me, I think that if you are a part of this forum and post and contribute to things when it is appropriate and not just to have yet another post to add to your tally that you are a good JC forumite. I think that if you stick around and participate in these forums even when there isn't some major Star Wars event that you are dedicated.

Other people's perspectives on this are probably different. I know for many it comes down to the raw number of posts and level of activity here but I don't think that has to be the case in order to qualify as dedicated. To me, I think that's great don't get me wrong, but you don't have to have 10,000 posts in every part of the board in order to be a valuable part of this forum or a beloved member.

Am I dedicated? By my own definition I am not because I took a break for about a year and half while the basher/gusher wars raged on over TPM. I have returned within the last 6 months so perhaps given time I will once again re-affirm my dedication. We'll just have to see.

21. Dracmus

Dracmus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    welcome back. i believe your dedicated...you came back...that shows dedication right there..

22. Bail-AnBillies

Bail-AnBillies Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    I think I have been here everyday since I have registered. Even though I am a relative newbie, I have 820 or so psots in less than 3 months.... :D

23. _Padme_

_Padme_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    "There are apparently around 17,000 usernames registered, but I'm more wanting to know just who are our regular, committed posters here at the JC."

Hmm I think we are now... 77,118 users! :eek: (socks and "dead" posters included, of course).

I usually visit the JC daily, but I am not a "massive poster". Although I spend many hours here, I usually post 3 or 4 messages a day. "I listen more than I talk".

24. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Well, it's not me [face_plain]

-sj loves kevin spacey

25. Jon_Solo

Jon_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    This thread was a disaster waiting to happen when it started. For many it will be the source of a self-induced ego trip. For others it will be a way to kiss up to mods or admin in hopes of gaining some semblence of believed power.

Dedicated is subjective and immeasureable. What I find valuable and interesting might be total garbage to someone else, and vice versa. I'd say decide for yourself who you feel are dedicated posters and add them to your watched users list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.