main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who are the Jedi in addition to Luke ?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Smurf, Feb 17, 2017.

?

Who are the Jedi in addition to Luke ?

1. Rey

72.2%
  2. Leia

9.3%
  3. Snoke

6.5%
  4. Kylo

24.1%
  5. Lukes students

12.0%
  6. Finn

13.9%
  7. Benicio

7.4%
  8. Kelly Marie

5.6%
  9. O66 Survivor(s)

8.3%
  10. Random (yet unknown) people

25.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Rey+Kylo(wat a twist)

2. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    What I suspect, is that there will be folks who may not identify as being Jedi. If they survived Order 66, the last thing they would want to identify as is Jedi. So it is quite possible they kept a low profile.

Heck I would.

Darth Nikean and Darth Smurf like this.
  3. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    Rey and Kylo, duh. They are the awakenings (new thing in SW lore, first of their kind). They are going to Ahch-to, the planet of the first Jedi temple aka where the Jedi began. There's even a freakin tree (of life, of knowledge of good and evil), are you kidding me? The "first of their kind" thing isn't even subtly served. It's screaming into one's face. They are destined to bring the balance to the Force. End of.

Rylo_Ken likes this.
  4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I'm very sure Snoke has something against it. ;) And Kylo as the villain may be forced to work together with them at one point, but absolutely nothing points into the direction that he will ever be part of these new Jedi. In my opinion he must be kept away as far as possible from any students. He cannot be trusted ever again. :rolleyes:

5. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Snoke says that 'if Skywalker returns the new jedi will rise'. This would indicate than any old Jedi are incapable of coming back (i.e. dead). Snoke may be wrong in that Luke might not want to start the 'new Jedi' but he's fairly confident that as of TFA Luke was the only existing Jedi. Rey, if taught by Luke, would be the first of the new Jedi. There are no hidden Jedi, Rey is the only one in the story displaying the full, potential 'Jedi skillset'.

Luke is the last Jedi, Rey will be the first of the new Jedi.

It's actually quite interesting that Snoke says 'new Jedi' instead of just 'Jedi' - does he foresee a change of tack as well?

6. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    Who said anything about them passing the knowledge together, in the same galaxy? If Aftermath Empire's End does carry some big significance for ST, than Amber Spyglass ending isn't out of question at all. Which makes me even more sure that they are the new Jedi.

7. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    you mean they are forming 2 groups of Jedi? Dark Jedi vs light Jedi? I don't see it how this would bring balance? Only 9000 more movies with the same conflict. And I still think a dark Jedi can never be a Jedi, he must be called something else.[face_dunno]

8. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think it's definitely Rey and Luke, and possibly may include Kylo. I wouldn't 100% rule out other force sensitives being in the film - maybe KMT.

Dra--- likes this.
  9. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Kylo is definately not a Jedi. He may be close to resurrect the Sith instead. ;)

Django Fett likes this.
  10. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Knights of Ren probably.

11. Rylo_Ken

Rylo_Ken Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2015
    This. The film already has to deal with a lot of characters and back story to start unleashing more forgotten Jedi.The only way I see it working is if the KOR were Jedi students who Kylo turned with him but I really dont see that happening

12. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    nightangel More like building the new Jedi from 2 different places. No Versus. No dark vs Light. Just guardians of peace in both worlds.

Rylo_Ken KoR existed before Kylo joined them. That's what JJ said. So whatever they are, they are created by Snoke. Kylo was just admitted into the "family" and made their Master.

Agreed that unleashing forgotten Jedi or inventing Jedi who don't even feature as a reference in TFA is a bit far fetched. First movie laid groundwork and second one is developing on the premise of the first. There's the planet of the Jedi origin, and there are players on that planet. They are going to be our Jedi, our three outlaw Samurai (in a way, they are outlaws - Luke is an outlaw to Snoke and Kylo, Kylo is an outlaw to Luke and the proper Jedi and Rey is an outlaw to everyone).

Dra--- likes this.
  13. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I cannot see it how Kylo will ever be allowed to be a guardian of peace. I mean even if Luke and Leia forgive him, there are hundred of worlds and people who may not do so. Even close friends of the family like Poe and/or Finn may not forgive him (I personally cannot forgive a father murderer). So how should this be even possible and better said plausible in the GFFA? [face_dunno]

14. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    nightangel Empire's End spoilers:

Unknown Regions. Rey builds it in GFFA, he builds it in UR. if my assumption is correct, that UR will be introduced in ST like it is in Empire's End, they would need someone who went to the Dark Side and came back. Cause it seems that UR is a hellish place. I'm not the writer but it seems to me that UR will play important part, at least as a set up for the next trilogy.

nightangel likes this.
  15. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    ok, that's maybe a possibility, we will see... But I somehow doubt that even Luke forgives him this time. Spoilers also point to Luke wanting him dead.;)

16. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    Nothing to do with forgiveness. They have a destiny to fulfill. They fulfill it. Forgiveness is irrelevant. :)

17. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Well according to the French and Spanish translations of The Last Jedi there is more than one 'last Jedi', I'm guessing that this will amount to Luke and Rey, since the opening crawler of TFA seemed to indicate that Luke was the only Jedi in existence. That said I think drop out student Kylo counts as well.

18. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Luke will probably train Rey. At least for a while.
    Will she be a Jedi in the end, though?
    Who knows?

I really can't predict anything at all right now.

19. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Not really, you cannot excuse everything with destiny, but I think we have to agree to disagree here. We just come from completely different understandings of good and evil. :rolleyes:

20. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016

Nobody's excusing anything with destiny because destiny isn't an excuse. Destiny means they have a role to play so they play it. They balance the Force. That has nothing to do with forgiveness, relation or lack thereof, whether there are two, one or none Skywalker (for those who think Ben Solo is not a Skywalker due to his last name) and other stuff that fans pull each other's hair over. It's simply that they can do something that no one else can and it happens that the unlikeliest of beings ( a scavenger, a fallen Jedi) are tasked with such destiny because you need a Light and a Dark. But we'll agree to disagree.

21. Rylo_Ken

Rylo_Ken Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2015
    He could be more like a 'dark knight' than a Guardian of peace.

22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Rey is not a Jedi.........yet!

Remember when Luke said to Yoda in ROTJ, "then I am a Jedi"? Yoda laughs and says he isn't until he face Vader for the last time and seeing as Rey is at the same stage Luke was in TESB.

nightangel likes this.
  23. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    So she'll have to confront Snoke. Kylo's coming to Ahch-to which changes the game from ESB formula to something unexpected. They'll fight again. They can't fight in IX or people will start throwing popcorn at the screen for so much redundancy. Snoke is the next challenge, for both.

Darth Gummybear, Valensia and 11-4D like this.
  24. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I'm gonna guess Joe, Tracy, Billy and Jackie.

25. Jedi_Master_Laker

Jedi_Master_Laker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 27, 2002
    That is why The Lost Twenty could work. By definition they are not Jedi, yet they are trained and force sensitive. So your statement and my theory can coexist.