main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who are the most powerful jedi from the prequal era.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sithreaper, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004

I ask this question because I?m unsure of how powerful the members of the jedi council are, for example why isnt Obi wan on the council in ATOC??

While still a padawan Obi is stronger then QGJ who is powerful enough to be on the council. Obi wan has achieved a lot more on screen & in the eu then any of the other jedi council members. He is described in ATOC as been as powerful as master windu & as wise as master yoda + ki adi mundi was a jedi knight when he became a council member so that cant be the reason for not having kenobi on the council so what is it??

From what ive seen and read I think think that with the exception of mace & yoda that C?Boath, Anakin, Dooku & Obi Wan are more powerful then the other council members. Thoughts??

I also don?t understand the long term, short-term council memberships can anyone help out.

2. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Kenobi did alot of bad things in his youth+the council didn't exactly like him taking on Anakin as an apprentice. Ki-Adi-Mundi was much more experienced and as old as Qui-Gon. And defeating Maul doesn't make him more powerful than Qui-Gon. If 2 very strong guys fight each other, one dies, the other is very tired and the weak takes advantage of that, does that mean he's stronger than the on who died? NO. And why do so many people take that one line of Anakin in AOTC so serious? If he's as powerful as Windu he would've captured Jango on Kamino. Powerful Jedi, he is though. And the Clone Wars have only made him more powerful.

3. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    1) Anakin
    2) Yoda

Palps, though not a Jedi, would be up there too.

Obi-Wan and Dooku are both very strong as well.

4. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Anakin had the potential but never became stronger than Yoda. The fall into the pit seriously limited his abilities.

5. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    I'd say Anakin was most poweful. Then Yoda, who kicked some serious butt.

6. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    1) Anakin (In terms of raw power, Anakin can't be beat, but like others have said, it's really just potential.)

2) Yoda

3) Dooku

4) Mace

5) Qui-gon

7. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Revan should be included near the top, definately above Qui-Gon and Dooku

8. james_hewlett

james_hewlett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2004
    "Revan should be included near the top, definately above Qui-Gon and Dooku"

I'd agree with you except it was prequal era, meaning TPM, AOTC & ROTS

9. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    for example why isnt Obi wan on the council in ATOC??

He is a Council member as of Labyrinth of Evil.

As for power.

Anakin had the most raw power. Yoda had the most refined power.

Mace Windu, Obi-Wan and Plo Koon were also very powerful. I believe Yaddle was also very powerful.

And the new padawan, Whie in Dark Rendezvous is very powerful. At the age of 13 he is already excellent with mind tricks. Like Obi-Wan in A New Hope good.

10. sithreaper

Oct 8, 2004
    thanks for the input.
    Were does C?Boath stand after all he show immense powers in the thrawn trilogy yet he never sat on the council. I?ve just found out from another thread that Mundi snd QGJ are 60 in TPM this answers my question about why obi despite his power, skill and accomplishments was not on the council by ATOC as he?s only 35. My list of jedi are

Anakin (ROTS)
    Yoda
    Dooku
    Mace
    Kenobi
    Saesee Tinn
    Eeth Koth
    Piel
    Gallia
    Rancis
    Proof
    yaddle
    QJG
    Koon
    Mundi
    C?Boath

In combat

Anakin (ROTS)
    Yoda
    Dooku
    Mace
    Kenobi
    Tinn
    Kolar
    Sora
    Fisto
    Shaak
    Gallia
    Koth
    Vos
    Secura

11. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    I always had Mace down as stronger in combat than Dooku.
    As for overall power (Combat and force power)
    1. Yoda
    2. Anakin (ROTS)
    3. Mace
    4. Dooku
    5. Obi-Wan
    6. Qui-Gon

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    In saber to saber combat, Dooku is better (he can beat Mace one on one). In a general melee I'd probably go with Windu though.

In terms of power Master Fay from the comics could be up there. She appears near-human but kept herself alive with the Force for hundreds of years. And Obi himself says so.

13. Gurlanin

Gurlanin Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2004
    Discussion here seems to be about the AOTC era, rather than the ROTS era, as we have all not seen that film yet.

However, based on AOTC, how can you say Anakin is more powerfull that Mace Windu or Yoda?

After all, all we have seen is Anakin kill some Tusken Raiders, who would not be hard for a mediocre Jedi at best.

Anakin after all, lost to Count Dooku. Yoda defeated Dooku.

Most EU literature places Mace Windu as powerful as Yoda.

I would say:

1) Yoda
    2) Mace Windu
    3) Obi-Wan
    4) Anakin

Yes, Obi-Wan above Anakin. If Anakin fought Jango Fett, I think that the outcome would have been different. Anakin, at this stage would have been too rash and impulsive, and I think he would have just about gotten himself killed.

14. sithreaper

Oct 8, 2004
    Ok no ROTS. Well as of ATOC I think anakin is already better then kenobi but not mace or yoda. Fay was powerful but she obviously was lacking something to not be on the council. dooku is a soupier duellist then master windu he beat him when they practice duelled in the jedi temple (official site mace windu bio) however mace is probably more suited to fighting in battle, although having seen dooku fry the guardians on kiffu I?m not so sure.
    As for QGJ I think near the end of TPM Obi is shown to be more powerful then his master as he senses the lowering of the laserfield first. & In my opinion kenobi didn?t get lucky against maul they could battle 10 times & Obi would always find a way to win.
    Is the Jedi council era TPM stronger then the councils in EP 2 + 3?
    + What is with the councils long term/short term member ship?

15. Cheebo86

Cheebo86 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 1, 2003
    As Of ROTS:

1. Anakin Skywalker
    2. Yoda
    3. Mace Windu
    4. Count Dooku
    5. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    6. Qui-Gon Jinn

16. Nrin

Nrin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    I think most of the Council and the Jedi Masters are more powerfull then Anakin at the time of ROTS, he uses the Dark Side to gain and edge on them.

Obi-Wan is probably not much more powerfull then most Jedi Masters, I don't think he will go down as one of the most powerfull Jedi of all time such as Yoda, Mace, Darth Bane et al will.

Out of the thousands of Jedi, the Council members really must be very powerfull, wise and skillfull to be noticed and marked out for the council.

17. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Well judging off ROTS would be really tough since we dont know who kills who...

As of AOTC I would rank them:

1)Yoda
    2)Mace
    3)Dooku
    4)Ki-Adi Mundi
    5)Plo Koon
    6)Even Piell
    7)Obi-Wan Kenobi
    8)Anakin Skywalker
    9)Saesee Tiin
    10)Eeth Koth

18. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    This is how I would rank them, based on natural force talent, experience and lightsaber combat skills.
    (As of ROTS)
    1) Yoda
    2) Anakin
    3) Mace
    4) Obi- Wan
    5) Dooku
    6) Qui-Gon
    7) Plo Koon
    8) Quinlan Vos
    9) Kit Fisto
    10) Aayla Secura

19. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Who are the most powerful jedi from the prequal era?

If we're talking power there are only TWO Jedi to even talk about.

Yoda and Anakin Skywalker.

The rest aren't in the same league.

20. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Does Palpatine count?

21. Darth_Seer

Darth_Seer Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2004
    It all depends when you're talking about... At ROTS, my list would probably be:
    1) Anakin
    2) Yoda
    3) Dooku
    4) Obi-Wan
    5) Mace

I'm also a big fan of Fay... You could argue that Mace is more powerful than Obi-Wan, but I don't think we'll feel that way after seeing episode 3. ;)

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    After reading DT, I think that Yoda's experience makes him far and away the greatest Force-user or Jedi there is or ever was.

Now, I've always been a believer of the school that highlights Palpatine as more powerful to Yoda. Lord Vader as well.

And they are, at that. Easily.

But what I neglected to realize is that they took the easy way. Vader, especially, who uses the shortcut of the Dark Side to unlock his power. Palpatine is more like Yoda, where he uses experience to augment his power.

Yoda, however, would be positively frightening if he ever went Dark.

So my ranking... in terms of realized--and not potential--power.

I. Palpatine (possibly off the list, since this list deals with Jedi)
    II. Yoda
    III. Anakin Skywalker

And as Mr. Terrious said... anyone else isn't even close in terms of Force potential.

Saber dueling? Maybe, sure. But not the most powerful in terms of the sum total of their abilities. Saber dueling is just a single facet.

23. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Now, I've always been a believer of the school that highlights Palpatine as more powerful to Yoda. Lord Vader as well.

Anakin had more raw power. But if you listen to the commentaries on the DVDs GL says Vader isn't as strong as Anakin. Probably due to the amount of midichlorians he loses in RotS. That's why Vader never overthrew Palpatine.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Really, now?

That's interesting, all other sources point to him as being more powerful as Lord Vader.

Do you know which commentary and where on it that it is mentioned?

25. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Depends how you define "power" I think . . .

You can have raw power like Durron and Skywalker, or you can be skilled, adept at wielding the Force in ways that make you lethal.

A skilled Jedi would beat the stuffing out of an inexperienced Jedi, or plain Jedi veteran. But I guess it's all dependant on the ulterior decider: movie scripts!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.