main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who are the most powerful jedi from the prequal era.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sithreaper, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Do you know which commentary and where on it that it is mentioned?

Sorry. I remember GL mentioned it a couple times and they are either during duels or near places that focus on Vader. I don't even have the DVDs on hand so I cannot check for you.

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    GL is basically saying that at the age Vader is without the suit, Anakin would have been way more powerful.

3. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    IIRC, I believe that GL said that Anakin didn't reach his full potential in the ESB commentaries around the Duel.

Hand

4. Dolphin_Jedi

Dolphin_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2004
    How do you think Quinlan Vos rates, in terms of the most powerfull Jedi. Would he be up there?

5. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    He's powerful, but has been easily defeated by Agen Kolar, Mace Windu and Dooku.

6. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    I couldn?t believe how easily Kolar handled Vos he made it look easy.
    Vos is still very formidable however he took on Bok & that other guy (Tholme was quickly overwhelmed when he fought the same guys) and managed to kill the better of the two. He took care of the anzanti dark jedi (a major feat considering it had previously taken the whole jedi council to defeat him), he also fought off two of dooku dark jedi to gain a meeting with him, throw in2 that his victories over Secura & Krushh and you?ve got to say he?s up there. Sorry I?m having a real problem with remembering names today.

7. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    He was pretty much overwhelmed by K'krukh until he managed to throw him off the trainish thing.

8. sithreaper

Oct 8, 2004
    i dont know, i thought he was in control and didnt really want to hurt krushh he just did enough to win. krushh meanwhile was going all out.

9. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    Frankly, I'm amazed at how many people here have listed Obi-Wan, much less placed him so high.

Let's not forget that in his youth, the Jedi Order considered him to be so poor in potential that there wasn't a master or knight anywhere that would accept him as a padawan. In TPM, he is completely outmatched against a pair of battle droids on those little hovering pogo-sticks, and needs Qui-Gon to save him. I'd imagine that a teenage Jaina would have handled herself much better in a similar situation. His performance against Maul is even less impressive than his fleeing from the droids. If Maul hadn't been surprised by Obi-Wan springing back out of that pit and had held his saber handle in a proper grip, I can't see how Obi-Wan could have stood a chance. As of AOTC, Obi-Wan just barely escapes from the duel with Jango, and only though sheer dumb luck at that. In Episode IV, he barely even puts up a defense against Vader in one of the most lackluster swordfights ever put on screen. While the EU (C-Canon, not G-Canon) paints a slightly better picture, we just never seem to get anything that sets him as one of these "top-ten Jedi" I could probably name ten off the top of my head who outdo him. Lesse:

Yoda
    Mace
    Plo Koon
    Ki-Ad-Mundi
    Neeja Halcyon
    A'shared Hett
    Yaddle
    Eeth Koth
    Dooku
    C'boath

Obi-Wan ain't that special.

10. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    7-7-7, Obi-Wan wasn't chosen chosen as a Padawan because he had anger issues. Not because he was weak.
    His lightsaber was shorted in the STAP scene and he did a good job dodging them until Qui-Gon could take them out.
    Maul was an extremely powerful Jedi killing machine. Trained from a child for the sole purpose of killing Jedi.
    Jango Fett has a history of killing Jedi. Not to mention the fact that he was trying to kill Obi-Wan while Obi-Wan was trying to capture him. His survival was not dumb luck. It was due to his skill.
    He was an old man in Episode IV. Not to mention the fact that the fight was poorly done by GL and his crew.

Speculation
    Just wait until Ep. III. His fight with Anakin should be cool. And he will almost certainly not be a pushover.

11. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    At the age of 13 he is already excellent with mind tricks.

Which means very little in terms of how powerful he is. What his Master thinks about him earlier in the book, and what he was shown doing about that same time suggest more about him in terms of power than his already being good with mind tricks at his age. There were probably a number of Jedi at that age who were good with mind tricks who were never as strong as he was.

12. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000

He was pretty much overwhelmed by K'krukh until he managed to throw him off the trainish thing.[hr][/blockquote][/b]
    Um, by now, who [i]hasn't[/i] thrown K'kruhk off a trainish-thing...??

13. sithreaper

Oct 8, 2004
    Obi is one of the best jedi in the history of the order. Instead of looking at the negative lets look at what he?s achieved
    While still a padawan he had overtaken his master in terms of skill & power (and QGJ was jedi council standard)
    Defeated a Sith Lord
    Forced the galaxy greatest warrior to do a runner even when the scales were tipped heavily against him.
    Survived the battle of Geonosis
    Becomes a general in the clone wars his skill are so great that along with Anakin he is the most famous jedi in the universe
    Takes down Durge on Munlist
    Goes head to head with Assaj Ventress on numerous occasions and despite the odds been regularly tipped against him he has fought her to a stand still he even
    later redeems ventress
    Becomes a member of the jedi council
    Defeated the chosen one
    Survives the jedi purge

14. GrandAdmiralMike570

GrandAdmiralMike570 Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2004
    Hi all! I've enjoyed reading many of your posts!

from thoughts in another thread...

i'm sorry to disagree, especially being new here,but...
    Based on TPM & despite some improvement in AOTC, what evidence is there for Obi-wan being in the top ten, let alone #2?
    his defeat of Darth Maul was admirable, but we could almost put that down to Force power, or at the very least the over-confidence of Darth Maul.....seriously, in a tournament re-match of the pair, where Darth Maul was concentratig entirely on winning, (instead of toying with his prey as in TPM)....the outcome is hardly in doubt...

Obi-wan did not display any spectacular lightsaber skill in TPM...
    he surprised Darth Maul, who had let his guard down...
    now, end result: Darth Maul is dead, yes.....but in our discussions, we can re-create the re-match....
    let's think of it as a tournament...
    Darth Maul defintely deserves a second chance...
    his saber skills owned both Kenobi & Qui-gonn Jinn (who was well respected for saber skills, & being 60 had nothing to do with his death) in TPM & he'd STILL own Kenobi & probably Anakin Skywalker as well had he fought in AOTC....
    it'd be interesting to see Darth Maul in a fight against Vaapad stuff of Mace Windu & Depa

give Obi-wan credit for ingenuity & what not...
    he's definitely one of the greatest Jedi...
    but that doesn't make him one of the greatest warriors....
    for example, Mace Windu & his Depa have a greater claim on #2 position than Obi-wan....

15. GrandAdmiralMike570

Dec 11, 2004
    Best of greetings to all!

shouldn't this be limited exclusively to Yoda, Mace, Anakin, Obi-wan, @ Dooku?....LOL, i know that's kinda of a mini-list, and no doubt, i'm forgetting somebody...

16. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Throwing Anakin's name around in a top ten list or anything of that matter is insanity, as of AOTC that is

He just isnt far enough along in his development to be able to touch Yoda or Mace...And Kenobi cant touch them either

There's Mace and Yoda and then everyone else

17. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/kitfisto/093.jpg]

18. Cirdecus

Cirdecus Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2004
    Actually, i've never been a fan of the dark side.. but this is how the power list actually goes

1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Darth Sidius (with Kyber Crystal)
    3. Yoda
    4. Mace Windu
    5. Anakin Skywalker
    6. Obi Wan
    7. Count Dooku
    8. QGJ

Metachlorian count doesn't make you the most powerful jedi... it means you have the most potential. The reason that Obi Wan didn't get on the council is because you don't get on the council by power, but by knowledge of the force.

No episode III spoilers.

Darth sidius, until the time of Luke, was the most powerful force user the galaxy had ever known (due to his stupid cyrstal)

19. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    2. Darth Sidius (with Kyber Crystal)

Are you Supershadow? Lemme get a few things straight. It is Kaiburr, not kyber and Palpatine doesn't have it. The only Kaiburr crystal is in a cave somewhere on Mimban and Luke has it pre-ESB. It doesn't even work anywhere else than the temple it was in.

20. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Cidecus, please tell me you didn't just spoil a large amount of Ep 3.

21. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Hadn't even noticed that. Great first post. :mad: I knew most of them (though this guy seems to think he's seen the movie) and I don't mind but read the Terms of service!!!!! You've probably ruined the movie for several people now! Mods please edit that post asap.

22. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I PM'd Raven about that post a couple of hours ago, I dunno how long till he sees it. Some of the things he wrote are a little off, in case that makes anyone feel better

23. GrandAdmiralMike570

Dec 11, 2004
    Does Exar Kun, Darth Revan, and Darth Malak count as prequal era?

oops...i see this is only about Jedi, & not about most powerful Force user in general....

24. lordmorpheus

lordmorpheus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    ****Newbie Alert******

........This is my first post but I have been reading for quite some time now. Here is my question: What is the means by which we measure one's "power" when speaking in terms of midicholorians and the force in general? Who ever said that Yoda was "more powerful" with the force than say, A'Sharad Hett? Now, 800+ years of experience CERTAINLY make for one helluva Jedi Master, but how do we discern one's power/force potential.

25. Qu_Klaani

Qu_Klaani Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    "Cidecus, please tell me you didn't just spoil a large amount of Ep 3."

He really didnt, some of what he said was true, but a lot of it was utter rubbish.

He is right about one thing though, Sidious is the most powerful force user.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.