main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who are the most powerful jedi from the prequal era.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sithreaper, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Does Exar Kun, Darth Revan, and Darth Malak count as prequal era?

oops...i see this is only about Jedi, & not about most powerful Force user in general....

All were once were Jedi though, maybe not as powerful, although Revan could have been very powerful if he stayed in the light. I don't think TOTJ era is part of prequel era. I don't think it has ever been said what amount of time it spans. Prequel era doesn't even officially exist, but we could assume it's from 1000 BBY till ANH.

2. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I wouldn't put Luke so high on that list. The Jedi in the EU novels, post-ROTJ have not been consistant at all. There never seemed to be a scale for them since things were so different from book to book. So putting Luke at the top of the list is just insane I feel and yes I have read TUF. Anyway.

Obiwan and in Episode IV let Vader kill him. You can clearly see this. Its not the best fight but I have a feeling it will mean a lot more and be looked at differently after Episode 3. Just a feeling I have is all.

Like said, he was tryign to capture Jango, not kill him. Not to mention that both Obiwan and Jango had a hard time due to the heavy rain. From looking at the Clone Wars cartoon and maybe the comics it seems both Obiwan and Anakin seriously improve during the Clone Wars.

3. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Geez, i wish people would stop with the 'Anakin only has potential, 'my' favorite character is stronger!'

Lucas himself said that Anakin was the the strongest Jedi EVER by the time he became Vader.
    And thats not a spoiler by the way, he said that somewere else, i dont remember were i heard it, but im sure someone will.

Now people are putting Sidious at the top of the power list.
    Why?
    All we have seen him do is throw a little lightning around in RotJ, other than that its all EU.
    We shall see in RotS.

Same with Mace Windu, yea, he killed Jango, but thats all we've really seen him do in the films, people take Anakin's line too seriously, it was a passing comment that when finished made himself look good.
    And before anyone mentions the balcony jump, did you miss the end of the speeder chase?

Now Yoda, i can understand why people would think this, yet Lucas said most powerful Jedi Ever, if Yoda was stronger he would have said exept Yoda.

I wont even try to Rank powers, we have no way of knowing yet.
    The only one i will say is Anakin is the most powerful, and only then because Lucas said it himself, and i reaaaally wish i had that quote, i'll have to go hunting in my old posts son >_<

4. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    All we have seen him do is throw a little lightning around in RotJ, other than that its all EU

And? This is an EU forum, so we'd be quite likely to take that into account. Wiping out entire fleets with your mind is a fairly powerful act.

5. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Yes, but in the EU they have also repeatedly overpowered him from Lucas ideal.

So instead of beleiving he has the powe rto rip the core out of a star, i think i'll wait to see Lucas's veiw on things :p

6. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

7. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    An example of things been taken too seriously.

8. EH_Pilot

Dec 12, 2003
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing"

9. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Lucas states in the OT DVDs Sidious did not get what he wanted with Anakin - which is why he attempts to convert Luke to the dark side; to start again. Anakin does have the potential to become the greatest Jedi - he's the Chosen One - but Palpatine basically makes him a slave again.

10. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Well yea, he thought he was getting a healthy young man with unlimmited potential.

Instead in the end he got a crippiled man who was heavily restricted by his suit.

11. EH_Pilot

Dec 12, 2003
    All things considered, I'd take the crippled, restricted guy. :p

12. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Heh, id have to agree EH :p

13. Darth_Sidious_1983

Darth_Sidious_1983 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    Yeah - a few seconds of fending off the most powerful Force user ever [face_devil]

14. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    My top 5 (in a fight, not raw power)

1: Yoda
    2: Mace
    3: Obi-Wan
    4: Anakin
    5: Kit Fisto or Dooku, probally Dooku.

(people may ask what Anakin is number 4 is because Anakin is very powerfull and really good with a lightsaber he is impulsive and arragant as seen in RotS.

-The Scummy-

15. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    Haha, everyone else has been giving the 'power' lecture, so I'll do it too, to define my choices. As it's been said, Anakin was the most powerfulest Jedi, Force-Strong anyway, but his potential was never reached. His power was also limited due his lava bath in RotS, stated by the big man himself.I'll probably contradict myself as I've posted in threads like this before...With that being said, here they are:

No particular order
    Yoda
    Mace Windu
    Anakin Skywalker
    Plo Koon
    Yaddle
    Agen Kolar
    Saesee Tiin
    Kit Fisto
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Count Dooku (Notice I used his former self, not Tyranus)
    Even Piell
    Oppo Rancciss
    Vergere
    Depa Billaba

16. Mythra

Mythra Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    If the ancient times count, you gotta give Naga Sadow a chance here...[face_pumpkin]

17. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Seeing actual names suggested is seducing me into Excellencing my opinion of wizards we never see acting magically, seducing me I tell! I must . . . resist.

18. dri-ma-kadi

dri-ma-kadi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    In no particular order:

Yoda
    Mace
    Plo Koon
    Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Obi-Wan-Kenobi
    Saesee Tiin
    Anakin Skywalker
    Eeth Koth
    Adi Gallia
    Depa Billiba
    Shaak Ti
    Yareal Poof
    Oppo Rancisis
    Kit Fisto
    Yaddle
    Luminara Unduli
    Barriss Offee
    Agen Kolar
    Stass Allie
    Pablo Jill
    Tarados Gon
    Sora Bulq (Before turned)
    Master Dooku (Before turned)
    Quinlan Vos
    Aayla Secura
    Bultar Swan
    A'sharad Hett
    Dark Woman
    Master Tholme
    T'ra Saa
    Zao
    K'kruhk
    Jesiel
    Xiaan
    Tsui Choi
    Master Fay
    Cin Drallig
    Jorus C'boath
    Siri Tachi
    Soon Bayts
    Roron Corobb
    Foul Moudama
    Serra Ketto

19. Mythra

Mythra Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    Surely, you are overdoing it...o_O

20. Durnar

Durnar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2004
    Thats basically just a list of all the prequel era jedi mentioned in the EU. And some of them are definetley nothing special, such as Xiann, Soon Baytes, Jeisel, the CW cartton Jedi.

Youre right to have K'khruk on the list though, as he is clearly the most powerful. After all, every other Jedi dies, but nothing can stop the K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.