main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who are the new Trilogy made for?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by markn74, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markn74

markn74 Jedi Padawan

Sep 5, 2013
    I am wondering who Disney is going to aim for with the new movies. Lucas aimed the PT at a young audience, is Disney going to do the same?

I for one hope not. They have to remember that the fan base now any where from 20 to 60 and we will be looking for deep engaging plots with the acting to match. Sitting in the middle I believe that the OT is far superior to the PT. When I was a kid I loved Luke and the humor but now I definitely appreciate the darker side to the movies.

With so much content out there it would be foolish for Disney to just concentrate on "the now" and not delve into the past (before PT and the OT). Movies like Harry Potter worked so well because the themes got more mature as the story progressed. The Lord of the Rings is amazing because of its attention to detail in its history. The movie leaves you wondering and wanting more. Look at what the Dark Knight franchise did for Bat Man.

Star Wars is the same and now that the fans of the OT are well grown and the fans of the PT are no longer teens, we will be demanding nothing less than mature content. Star Wars has a reputation of greatness. It showed us that there is a Galaxy far, far away when ships flew across the big screen, not through it and it is definitely not just for KIDS.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hi. Welcome to the forums. We have plenty of threads for you to get involved with. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.