main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who are these people

Discussion in 'Literature' started by YODA_SITH, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YODA_SITH

YODA_SITH Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    I was reading Darth Vaders databank thing at starwars.com and they name people like Halagad Ventor and Empatojayos Brand and Vima-Da-Boda. here is the part

As an agent of the Sith, Vader was a merciless killer. He brought about the extinction of the Jedi, personally slaying or crippling such notable knights as Halagad Ventor and Empatojayos Brand. The slaughter of the Jedi was widespread, but several Force-sensitive individuals were spared. Select agents of the Emperor were allowed to keep their knowledge of the Force, as long as they used it as the Emperor commanded. Others hid, as Vima-Da-Boda did in the slums of Nar Shaddaa, or Obi-Wan Kenobi did in the deserts of Tatooine.

As Palpatine grew in political power, so too did Vader's star rise. On Coruscant, an immense palace was awarded to the Dark Lord. Another such monument, Bast Castle, existed on the distant world of Vjun. The Emperor allowed Vader to train a precious few in the Force to act as agents, such as Lord Hethrir and Vost Tyne.

I don't Know half these people could use some help.

2. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
  3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Edit: Darn you, Gath!

I mean, I know he spells his name wrong and everything, but c'mon... ;)

5. YODA_SITH

YODA_SITH Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Thanks I'm not thinking today should have looked there.

6. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I mean, I know he spells his name wrong and everything, but c'mon...

:eek: I must have had a complete memory lapse. Sorry. [face_blush]

7. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Empatojayos Brand was a Jedi Knight Vader nearly killed during the Purge. As it was, he was so badly wounded from his duel with Vader that he would loose his arms and legs and spend the rest of his life in a repulsor suit which also served as his life support unit.

He spent years as the king of an unknown civilization in the center of a gas cloud until Han, Leia, Chewie, and Vima-da-Boda, fleeing Fett in a badly damaged Millenium Falcon accidently discovered the civilization. Senseing that both Leia and Vima-da-Boda were Jedi, and both women sensed he was as well, he had his people repair the Falcon for them. When the Falcon was fixed and ready to go, Brand left his people aboard it. He then became one of Luke's first Jedi students, along with Kam Solusar and Jem and Rayf Yasanna (this was before Luke founded the Jedi Academy).

Brand was a part of the all Jedi assault team on Bast Castle and took part in the final battle with Palpatine on Onderon. What Vader had failed to do during the Purge, Palpatine succeded in doing. However, Palpatine failed to realize that Brand was not yet dead.

When Han shot Palpatine, he then began to transfer his spirit to the newborn Anakin Solo. Using the last of his strength, Brand managed to activate his failing repulsorlifts long enough to get between Palpatine's spirit and Anakin. Brand held Palpatine's spirit hostage in his own body, knowing that soon he'd bee dead and when he died Palpatine would finally die with him.

Brand appears in Dark Empire II, Empire's End, and the Essential Chronology. Brand has a brief entry in the back of the New Essential Guide to Characters.

Vima-da-Boda was a Jedi Knight descended from the legendary Jedi Knights Nomi Sunrider and her daughter Vima. Vima-da-Boda was apparently named after her great-great-great-grandmother. Her own daughter, Neema, turned to the dark side, while training to be a Jedi under her mother's tutelage. Neema didn't at first start out trying to follow the dark side, she was looking to learn quickly what took years to learn. She ended up befriending a group of folks who felt the same way. It was due to her friends that Neema met and ended up marrying an Ottethan warlord. But he was a cruel and unfaithful husband, sharing his bed with Neema's own friends. When he finally grew tired of Neema, who by then had grown to despise him, he cast her aside for others he kept around his keep.

Neema, outraged by how he was treating her, tried using the dark side on him, but because her former friends had taught him primitive defenses against the Force, she failed. He then threw her into a cell in his oubliette (oubliette- (n.) a dungeon with an opening only at the top), where she would stay for months. Repenting her life, she sent out a call through the Force to the only one who could help, her mother.

Vima-da-Boda arrived to late to save her daughter, she'd been released into the forests around her husbands keep after he grew board with her. Wild rancors roamed the forests, bringing an end to Neema's life. Outraged both by her son-in-law's treatment of her daughter and his contemptuous mock pity, Vima gave in to the dark side and killed him with her lightsaber.

Grieving for her daughter, Vima sank into miser and guilt, her Force powers greatly deminished to the point where where she could not be easily detected in the Force. During the Purge she ran and hid on Nar Shadda, becoming little more than a beggar woman, trading her ability to use the Force to see possible futures for money.

Han and Chewie would first meet Vima-da-Boda when they began their career as smugglers for Jabba, yet she would not leave much of an impression on Han at this time. Years later, during Palpatine's return, Han would run into her once again, this time with Leia. Sensing that Leia was a Jedi, Vima gave Leia a present, her own lightsaber. Han, Leia and Chewie would later return to Nar Shadda looking for Vima. While leaving Nar Shadda with her, they would run into Fett, resulting in the discovery of an unknown civilization lead by the Jed

8. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Thanks for taking the time to do that Knight1192! :)

JMA

9. Grendelwulf

Grendelwulf Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 1999
    Brand also makes a special guest apearance in Union well after his demise.
    surprising no one at the wedding even notices.

10. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    ... :eek:

Wow, thanks Knight! :)

11. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Wasn't that long a post in comparison with some I've done where I have to post at least twice to get in all the information.

12. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    Mmmm, I've heard of all these Jedi, except for Halagad Ventor and Vost Tyne... who are they?

13. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Brand also makes a special guest apearance in Union well after his demise.
    surprising no one at the wedding even notices."

Jedi Ghost looking over the wedding.

14. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Halagad Ventor is the unfortunate Jedi who served under Obi-Wan who had his mind sucked clean by Vader during the Jedi Purge. Vader broke Ventor and the information obtained from torturing the Jedi was used to go on and destroy other Jedi Knights.

It was too much to bear for Halagad whose spirit having been crushed, fell to the Dark Side. He fled to Trinta where he encountered Rebel heroes and was able to become one with the Force. Originally from West End Games' Domain of Evil supplement, he got some Holonet News Network time:
      "VIRGILLIAN NODE - The Jedi diplomatic envoy dispatched to broker peace talks in the Virgillian Civil War has been declared lost after having been missing for three standard weeks. Four Jedi -- Masters Ludwin Katarkus and Everen Ettene plus their Padawans Danyawarra and Halagad Ventor -- left Coruscant last month to try to settle the two-year old conflict between the Virgillian Free Alignment and the Aristocracy. Upon arrival, their transport was attacked and destroyed. The Jedi Temple will be holding services for the fallen protectors tomorrow."
    Vost Tyne's the Imperial Director from West End Games' supplement Planet of Mists.

15. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Mmmm, I've heard of all these Jedi, except for Halagad Ventor and Vost Tyne... who are they?

Read my first post on the thread, burrie.

16. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    Why would Brand become Luke's student. Shouldn't it be the other way around.

17. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Knight, you didn't mention Halagad Ventor and Vost Tyne...

18. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Why would Brand become Luke's student. Shouldn't it be the other way around.

For one, Brand never became a Jedi Master. For another, he seemed rather rusty and it seemed he hadn't used the Force all that often, before meeting Luke, since his near fatal duel with Vader. Both he and Kam had recieved previous training before become Luke's pupils. So both were advanced students.

Knight, you didn't mention Halagad Ventor and Vost Tyne...

No, I didn't. I can only report on those I know about. And burrie stated he knew those two but not the other three.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.