main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who are your favorite Prequel trilogy characters? (# of 1-10) / and why?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by AnakinSkywalkerFan_, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Anakin Skywalker- Because it's all about him and Hadyen has noe a great job so far and can;t wait to see him in EIII.

Padme- I just love Natalie Portman and thinks she does a great jobs in the movies. She is also the mother of the Luke and Leia so that says something.

Darth Maul- Because he was the best and had some awesome moves even though he was short lived.

Qui-Gon- I loved his role. He was just the man and very about the now.

Obi-Wan(Episode 1)- Because he had some moves and like him better as a padawan.

General Grevious- Havent seen him in a movie yet, but I've read him in the books and he is just an awesome leader and respectable villian.

Palpatine- You have to love him because no one else can play both sides the way he did.

Yoda- Because he kicked Dooku's @$$!

Aayla Secura- Because she is just beatiful.

Darth Vader- You will soon know why.

2. CptCowgill

CptCowgill Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    Mace Windu

3. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

1. Obi Wan
    By far the best prequel character. Ewan has redefined that character and made it his own.

2. Padme
    Its official: Padme over Leia.
    Padme rocks the house. Period.

3. Palpatine/Sidious
    Ian is fantastic.

4. Yoda
    Besides the TPM where he looked really wierd- Yoda has rocked in AOTC and for what i've seen of ROTS- he looks bad arse there too.

5. Dooku
    The count rocks. Plus i love Yoda saying Dooo-ku.

6. The Clones
    I like the PT clones better than the OT Stormies. And i bet we see even more cool clones in EP III

7. Kit Fitso
    Smile.

8. Maul
    I didnt mind maul. I thought he was a pretty cool sith. But i do think he gets a lot more attention then he deserves.

9. Qui Gon
    I liked Qui Gon. He and dooku alike are the ones who started to see the corruption in the senate and the failure of the Jedi. Good thing too cause he instills these idea's in OB1 which probably save him.

10. Watto.
    For some reason i like this lil guy. Thought he was a good character in EP I.

CLone

4. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    obi wan kenobi

he's the man.

the whole saga is really his story. how he becomes the greatest jedi ever. in rotj vader is always refering to obi wans failure. but his faith in luke and what litle traing he was able top provide saves the day. he is able to retain his form and help from beyond the grave.

in the pt it is his wisdom which prevails. he was just a poor teacher. and anakin a poor student.

obi wan defeats all the bad a**'s of the galaxy. only dooku defeats him.

5. MrC123

MrC123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    1. Obi-wan, because he's the coolest Jedi in any trilogy.

2. Qui-gon, because he's the second coolest Jedi in any trilogy.

3. Anakin Skywalker, because by the looks of ROTS, he's gonna be one bad shut yo mouth.

4. Yoda, because come on! It's Yoda.

5. Count Dooku, cool gray, not too good, not too bad character; fits into everybody's circle really well (I'm your teacher's teacher's teacher who was taught by your teacher who beats your teacher and kind of distracts your other teacher while I get away).

6. Darth Maul, really sinister bad guy. Being good with a double-bladed lightsaber doesn't hurt either.

7. Mace, mostly because I like SLJ and how he dies (in ROTS).

8. Palpatine, will probably move up on my list after ROTS, very powerful badguy and cause of everything.

9. Ayala Secura, because damn! She looks good (in real life better than Natalie P, IMO) and she kicks butt.

10. Padme, because she's beautiful, despite her uncanny ability to mimic wood with her acting in SW IMO.

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    1. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    2. General Obi-Wan Kenobi
    3. Palpatine
    4. Master Obi-Wan Kenobi
    5. Anakin Skywalker
    6. Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi
    7. Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi
    8. Count Dooku
    9. Qui-Gon Jinn
    10. Tie between Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi

-sj loves kevin spacey

7. sepharih

sepharih Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2005
    10. Jango Fett: I know you have a lot of EU people complaining how they totally ruined Boba Fett?s character, but I like him and his father a lot more now, and I honestly never did like all that Mandolorian stuff that they tried to give him in the EU (I?m a KOTOR fan and I hate the concept of the Mandolorians!) Mostly I think that the reason I like him all just stems from the fact that I love what it does too the Stormtroopers. Before, you always wondered subconsciously who might have been behind the helmet of this or that trooper, but now I don?t, I feel almost as indifferent as when I see the Battle droids being cut down. Overall his character is a great addition to the Saga and I actually think the original is more badass then the copy we see in the OT.

9. Shaak Ti: Most of her development and screen time has occured not in the movies, but rather in Clone Wars. And I find it very sad that this is probably going to be the case in Episode 3 also, because she's such a sweetie! All you Aayla Secura fans can have her, this is my choice for the cutest/hottest Alien in the SW saga.

8. Shimi Skywalker: The perfect warm and loving mother figure. I actually shed a tear for her in AOTC. I very much agree that Lucas has issues with dialogue, but the dialogue between her and Anakin has always been wonderful I think.

7. Mace Windu: Hand me my Lightsaber, it?s the one that says bad mother ****er. Some people say that Mace Windu is underdeveloped, but I think in many ways he is what Boba Fett was to the OT, the mysterious badass who you know very little about, except that they could kick your ass with little effort. Others also say that Windu is an unessential character who has too much screen time, but I disagree with that as well. Lucas needed someone who could be a Foil to Yoda. Yoda, being alive for 900 years and a character who had taken root in the hearts of every fan could have easily seen Yoda being the leader of the Jedi, but Lucas created a council, and he needed a character who could match Yoda in terms of power and position, and Sam Jackson did this with amazing skill.

6. Darth Maul: This guy is just badass! People were upset at how easily he was killed by Obi-wan, and so was I. But I was happy that he died in TPM. As cool as he was, he was designed to be a character that could be fought and defeated to set up the theme that the darkside is on the horizon and having him move into AOTC wouldn?t have worked. People keep asking for him to be giving more dialogue in the next release, but I think Lucas?s made a brilliant move by keeping his dialogue to the bare minimum. It conveys that Maul is more a shadow than an individual, it?s practically a silent performance, and it?s incredible. In many ways he serves as a contrast to Vader, who was characterized through Dialogue, since we almost never see his face, Maul on the other hand is characterized by his dark brooding expressions.

5. Obi-wan: In TPM I was slightly disappointed with Ewan Mcgreggor in this role. When I saw Obi-wan in ANH, my take on the character was that he was a withdrawn and cool person, with a small touch of regret and sadness, but at the same time there was a bit of a playfulness in his character. I then assumed that Obi-wan in TPM would be more playfull, because all of these sad things hadn?t happened to him yet. But in AOTC, Ewan redeemed himself in a big way! In truth, it was more that his former masters presence was a constant shadow over him and kept him from coming out until after he died. Now when I think of Obi-wan I think of both Alec Guiness and Ewan Mcgreggor, the line between them is just too blurry anymore.

4. Anakin: People keep on bashing Hayden?s acting, I think it?s more that they hated the direction which Lucas took the character. I liked the direction Lucas took Anakin and I LOVED how Hayden portrayed him. I still can?t get over the scene when he returns with his mothers body. His acting is superb.

3. Yoda: IT?S YODA FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. I had a hard time pushing him down to slo

8. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    1. Count Dooku
    2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    3. Qui-Gon Jinn
    4. Padmé
    5. Palpatine
    6. Sebulba
    7. Poggle the Lesser
    8. Mace Windu
    9. Barriss Offee
    10. Dex

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    sepharir: for the record, McGregor often acted the part of TPM Obi-Wan with more mischief than GL liked, and GL therefore had him dial it back. You can still see the vestiges, though. I think by AotC, GL trusted Ewan to play the part with more of Old Ben's good humour, and it seemed better for character progression. Obi-Wan is no longer an eager-to-please padawan. And he's also getting more cynical, which increases the sarcasm. I do like the way Obi-Wan is written in AotC better and think it was tailored to what GL knew Ewan could do with the part and how the fans had reacted to him in TPM.

-sj loves kevin spacey

10. qui-gon29

qui-gon29 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    1 Qui-Gon -the rouge Jedi is the best charecter in any Star Wars film

2- Kanobi- Qui-Gon's paduan kicks ass

3 Anakin Skywalker- cool concept and powers

4 Sidious- Sith lord and Senete member double life must be tough

5-Dooku- powerful older villian

6- Padmae'-proves girls can be real heros

7- Watto- a bit of comic relief

8-Darth Maul- great fight scenes

9- R2D2 - great droid he can do anything where can I get one?

10- Subulba-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.