main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who Be SWAPPING Figures!!! You???

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Muskytoecat, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muskytoecat

Muskytoecat Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    Hey all,
    I was at a certain toy store the other day and guess what I found...
    You know those AOTC four packs that they've been selling as of recently, well I found a pack with two of the same Han Solo action figures. Now this means that people have been discreetly swapping the figures by means of slitting the tape at the sides and making the exchange. What a novel idea.
    "Hey, this Zam Wessel is all over the place, I'd rather have Count Dooku...yo, let's just switch them!!!"
    I don't think this topic has any residual value whatsoever, but I found it pretty funny.
    I wonder if anybody out there is brave enough to admit to this sort of mischief. And if so, who did you swap for whom?
    Word of the wise...
    Don't leave two Han Solos in the same batch.
    Have a nice day.

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I've certainly thought about doing so. :D

3. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    No, No, wrong you all are in your actions! Repent now!

Just kidding. I just don't agree with that. I feel that if you don't like the selection in those packs, don't buy them.

4. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I swapped a "shaven" Rebel Trooper for a "bearded" one...but I asked first and they were actually the ones that did the swap.

5. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    hmmmmmm never thought of this but thanks for the idea.

6. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    If they didnt want you to switch em, theyed seal up the sides.

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    [face_laugh] @ Chunk!

See what you've done, Musky? :p

8. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    i took out a zam ( it would have been my 4th if i didnt) and switched it for a jar-jar ( didnt have him yet) and switched a typho for a SBD.

9. dustinbrewer

dustinbrewer Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    i bought a 4 pack once and when i broke out the 4 individual figs, their cards had something to the effect of "not to be sold individually" printed on the actual card.

i'm always paranoid that their security cam is gonna rat me out if i ever tried the swith-a-roo :p

so it isn't me :p

10. Muskytoecat

Nov 19, 2002
    For reals...
    What's up with all the Zam action figures. There's way too many of them. I see her action figure everywhere I go.
    If I was the actress who played Zam, I'd be feeling pretty let down if I always saw a likeness of myself sitting on shelves.
    I suppose I should come clean too.
    At a certain toy store my friend apparently went and "swapped" some figures as well...
    Once again, I must mention that it was a Zam, along with a Rebel Soldier that got swapped. He was able to get a nifty set consisting of:
    1) Count Dooku
    2) Qui-Gonn Jinn
    3) Massiff with Geonosian
    4) YODA!!!
    He gave the Yoda to one of our friends because he'd been looking for one for quite some time.
    I found out later that he too got the okay from the employee. Right on.

11. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Well when I've seen a 4-pack with three Zam Wessels...but I was told that's the way it came. I've seen several with two Chewies.

Anyhow, I've swapped them myself. I wanted an Anakin Hangar Duel to open, so last week I found one in a 4-pack there at K*B Toys. They didn't have one that was for sale individually, so I took one from the 4-pack and replaced it with Qui-Gon Jinn. I pealed off the "Not for individual sale" sticker and put it on the other figure. I mean, it wasn't hurting anything...they're not really losing money, AND there was still a Dooku, Yoda, and Darth Maul in the pack. [face_plain]

12. EUCustomMan

EUCustomMan Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2001
    I've swaped out figures in the 4pks a couple of times. They actually said I could twice. The other time I just did it.
    I've also seen tons of 4 pks that have been changed at several different KBs and figures hanging on the pegs with the stickers still over the UPC. The Employees just take the sticker off(i've seen them do it).

13. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I have thought about doing this but whenever I have been to KB they havent had anything worth getting. The nearest KB is about 45 minutes away so I dont get there much though.

I doubt they would notice if you switched them and im not sure if they consider it the same way they do if you switch price tags which I know can get you busted. They are of equal value though so who knows. I say if you can get away with it try it lol

14. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    Anyone ever exchange your extras from the 4 packs at a different store?

15. EUCustomMan

EUCustomMan Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2001
    yeah, a battle droid for ephant mon :)

Oh I forgot to tell you guys this. When I opened one of my 4 pks the Zam had a Wal-Mart sticker on it. And my friend opened a 4 pk that had a Padme in it with a TRU sticker on it.

I guess we know what happens to the toys when Hasbro reps pull toys off the pegs.

16. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Um... nope... I'm such a goody-goody... I don't think I would do it even if they gave me permission to. ;)

17. Muskytoecat

Nov 19, 2002
    I guess we down here in little ol' HAWAII don't get much of the cool stuff...
    I mean, check this out, a four pack with Yoda, Dooku, and Darth Maul??? That's downright unimaginable over here where I've gone.
    I guess now that the cat's out of the bag I too can come out and say that yes, I myself am guilty of swapping figures, but you gotta believe me when I say that I wasn't about to come right out and admit it like nothing. Maybe I'm just a pansy, but I thought this sort of this was wrong. Hell, it probably is, but now that I see other people making nothing of it...what the fug. :D
    In all out honesty, the only figures that are in abundance down here are Zam, Mace, Jar Jar, Han Solo, and some Rebel Soldier guy that I don't recall seeing in any movie.
    As you can see this spells out S-U-C-K.
    I see all these cool toys on this website, but none of them make their way out here. Or so it seems anyways.
    I really hate to gripe, so I'll cut it now. But I really dig all the responses out there. Thank you all. Too cool.
    I anticipate the day when I see cool four packs in the stock, then all hell breaks loose!!!
    ...but ofcourse only after I get the proper permission.

18. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    I did it again. This time, I switched a Yoda (Jedi Master) that was in a 4-pack with a Dexter Jettster. I did this for the same reason as I did with the HD Anakin, which was too open up Yoda. He's really cool opened up, much more so than the Jedi Council Yoda. I Just wish he had a magnetic hand.

19. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    I did it. And I'd do it again too! Muahahahahaha! I think I switched out an Endor Raid Han and a Jar Jar for a couple of jedi I hadn't gotten. (nikto and plo koon I think)

This was way back near christmas time when they were only 7.95 for the four pack.

I was kind of stupid though, because I was doing a seasonal stint at Toys R. Us, working in the "boys world" toys (where the star wars figures are) And, whenever someone asked me about star wars figures I'd tell them to go to KB because they had 4 packs for 7.95. This was stupid because they were all gone next time I went to KB. :(

20. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    Yes this was very stupid.

21. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Sure, I'd swap different figures around in the four packs, that is if my local KB actually had any figures I needed... :p

22. Muskytoecat

Nov 19, 2002
    I saw it again...
    ANOTHER completely different 4-pack consisting of two Han Solos.
    I'm starting to wonder if this happens at the factory where they pack them.
    Then again the tape was once again snipped at the sides, so who knows.
    I should've swapped so that I could get Luke Skywalker...dang it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.