main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who bought there passes as will cal

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Medina, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medina

Medina Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2002
    Hi did some one else bought their passes like this, the fan club says that there will be not early pick up for these passes, so how bad are the lines going to be that day.

2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I was told in November that of the approx. 3000 advance tickets sold only about 150 were will call. Remember this was November, but I doubt/hope no more than 300-400 people will be getting their passes this way.

3. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    I did also. There is another way though. If you are really dreading waiting in line to get your pass, you may call the fanclub at 1-800-true-fan and cancel your tickets. Then, go online and reorder them to ship. I ordered mine the first day and didn't see an option to get them shipped to me or I would have done that. I'm just going to grin and bear it and get there early Friday morning. It will be just more line that we get to stand in :( . It should be worth it though. The Lanyards will ship to us in April. We have only to pick up our badge(s) at the will-call counter.

4. Medina

Medina Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2002
    Well then lets hope that line move fasts, so that we won't miss anything on the first day

5. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    Keep in mind that whoever's name is listed in the 'ship to' place will be the person who can pick up the badges. I had originally ordered two will call badges, but then I found out my mom would have to pick them up, which ain't happening.

6. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Well, after having a fear that I might be standing in line a while at the will-call counter waiting to pick up my badges whilst all the other fan club members get to go in to the convention early, I call Wizards of the coast and cancelled my will call badges. Note: I was assured that this would have no bearing on my reservations at all.

I then proceeded to go on-line and order the "shipped" badges from their web-site. Yes, the transactions will overlap on my credit card, but so what. As long as I get credited, no problemo. While doing this I remembered that I had a $10 coupon for renewing my membership, so the badges actually only cost me $25 a piece instead of $30. How do you like dem apples! :D The badges along with my lanyard supposedly are shipping fed-ex 3 day for free. I'll let you all know if this succeeded. If so, you all could do the same thing if the thought of standing in line to get in worries you. I've just been to enough conventions where the wait was rediculous. This is a one time deal for me and I don't want to miss out on anything, especially not opening ceremonies or first dibs on that CB2 exclusive action figure.

7. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    I will buy them 'will call' because I don't want to pay 30$ to have them shipped at home(no free shipping in Canada :( ) and still have to wait in line in Indy to get my fanclub lanyard (I read somewhere that they are out of them and you have to pick them up, but I'm not sure about that). So I prefer not to risk it and even if I have to wait in line a little friday morning.... well, it's fine with me. I will try to get there early!

8. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    According to the rep I talked to at Wizards, they aren't out of the lanyards. There was a little glitch in their quantifying system in December, so they temporarily didn't know how many they had. People have blown that report way out of proportion. ;)

9. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    [face_blush] Oh, thanks!

10. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Today I got both my passes and my silver lanyard :D

11. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Excellent, Kanos. Everything is proceeding as we have foreseen...

(Getting in an hour early is going to rock!)

12. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Absolutely! Now, I just need to find out when the registration booth opens so I can get tickets for the concert Saturday night :) What a time it will be!

INDY OR BUST!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.