main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Who brings the dark

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by the-errant-saber, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the-errant-saber

the-errant-saber Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2008
    TITLE: Who brings the dark

DISCLAIMER: Starwars does not belong to me, im just playing in the galaxy far far away.

SUMMARY: A simple investigation to boost the image of the Jedi order soon turns into somthing far more complex for a lone Jedi Knight.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is my first starwars fic, any comets of criticism is welcome. This fic came about as I tried to think what a jedi would be doing between galaxy ending threats. Set after the dark nest but before the legacy of the force series

Bethany slowly dragged herself to consciousness, the incessant beeping from the com-unit finally getting loud enough to pull her from sleep. She stumbled from bed and in to her main room and reached for the holo-unit, intending to mute it before returning to sleep. The blinking ID header stopped her. It was from the Jedi temple. No chance to sleep now.

?Master Horn what can I do for you?? asked Bethany as Corran Horn?s image swirled in to focus.

?My apologies for waking you, I forgot you her on the night side just now.?

?Its okay I was getting up in five or six hours anyway. I?m good for a mission?

?You would have been a great rebel pilot. The council needs you on Seranna five. There has been a robbery at a gem exchange.?

?That?s near bpfassh, there not the Jedi?s greatest fans, why is the order getting involved on a minor matter with people who won?t want me there??

?The early report we have gotten say it was a Jedi that was responsible. So we need to show we can police our own and if it is a trained force user the security services will need your help in stopping them.?

?And I?m being sent because I?m closest, and the Jedi need a good image now, showing the holonet news we are helping.?

Corran smiled, ?exactly. We have the standard packages set up for you. You can get the details at the alliance reps office.?

?Okay, Master Horn I?ll check in when I get there.?

?Good. May the force be with you.?

?and with you.? Bethany took a calming breath as the dark reclaimed the room. She took a second deep breath pulling the force into her body, blowing away the fog in her mind, then punched in the com code for the star port.

~ ~ ~

Bethany dropped the x-wing gently into its berth at the Seranna spaceport. She popped the cockpit open, reveling in the site, sounds and smells of they busy docking bay. It didn?t matter if she was on a planet or a ship this was her favorite place to be. She vaulted out of her battered old ship before the scurrying techs could bring a ladder for her to use. She heard a few mutterings about stupid and arrogant pilots, she hide a small smile.

?Jedi Clouder?? A man in a cheap, ill fitting suit stood looking at her, disbelieve filled his face and the force.

She couldn?t blame him, she was in a black flight suit covered with new republic and galactic alliance battletabs and squadron patches, there was even an old rebel patch her brother had given her, and there was no lightsaber in sight. ?Yes I am, How can I help you??

?I?m investigator Laars. I?ve been assigned as your liaison while you?re on Seranna.? His voice was flat but a little disgust, fear and mistrust leaked into his tone.

?I?m honored, I would like to see the evidence you have once I have dropped off my gear and been to the alliance representative?s office.? Bethany walked around her x-wing while she talked and removed a bag from the cargo compartment and slung it over her shoulder.

?Of course I have an air speeder waiting.?

The speeder climbed smoothly into the near empty air, Seranna?s main industry was tourism so most of its heavy industry was kept off world. It made for a world of contrasts, wide-open spaces and small dots of dense urban areas.

One of those small dots was rapidly growing larger as they neared the planetary capitol. Laars slid the speeder into the traffic pattern with precision, despite his nerves and constant watching of her. Mis-trust of the Jedi ran strong here. The speeder dropped in front of a low building that had the look of a

2. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    Hey errant.

Really good idea for a fic, and it's off to a solid start. It's nice to see the Star Wars universe in everyday types of situationns, instead of the big, galaxy spaning type threats.

What I would reccomend, if you haven't already, is pay a visit to the Resource board. It's a good way to get to know other writers here, and you may want to think about finding someone to act as a Beta reader, who basically proof reads the story before it's posted.

Welcome aboard, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter already. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.