main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Who can beat Superman?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Frosted_Lemon_Jedi, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Superman couldn't win against the Silver Surfer, because the latter is power incarnate. He has the cosmic power and can kill Superman with it, if he so chooses. And if he doesn't, he can whip up a Kryptonite cage and that'd be that.

Superman has beaten Batman, as shown in the four part story "Sacrifice". Superman, mind controlled by Max Lord into thinking that his deadlest foes were trying to kill Lois, beat the snot out of Batman and the JLA. Only Wonder Woman was able to stand up to him long enough to figure out what was happening and break Lord's neck to save Superman. Even while "The Dark Knight Returns" shows us Batman beating Superman, "Sacrifice" shows Superman beating on Batman. In DKR, Superman was indeed holding back from really doing damage to Batman. If not for the fact that Green Arrow had the synthetic Kryptonite gas arrow, Batman would've lost before his plan went into effect. Anyway, Frank Miller has a bias against Superman. Greg Rucka at least enjoyed writing all three characters and didn't let bias get in the way.

Superman's very resistant to psyhic attacks. He can be hurt by them, but it takes a lot of time and effort to get past his mental defenses. Hence why Max Lord worked many long years chiping away secretly. The closest psyhic attack that ever did strong enough damage, was when Manchester Black caused Superman to have a stroke in Action Comics #775.

It did. In "Superman vs The Amazing Spider-Man", Lex Luthor used a special laser device the emitted red solar engery, which coated Spider-Man's body, allowing him to punch on Superman. Until it wore off.

Superman's three weaknesses are Green Kryptonite, magic attacks and red solar energy. The latter pushes out the yellow solar energy stored in his body, which turns him normal. Until exposed to yellow solar energy.

In two of the Superman vs Hulk battles, Superman worried that eventually the Savage Hulk would become strong enough to be a true threat to him. Superman's strength is finite once he drains too much of the solar energy in his body, such as it happened with Doomsday.

A blast of hell magic would kill Superman. It's supernatural based.

Superman did arm wrestle Captain Marvel/Billy Bastion in Superman: The Man Of Tomorrow #3 or 4. Both were tied for four hours, before emergencies called them both away. In "Kingdom Come", a mind controlled Captain Marvel went toe-to-toe with Superman. Billy would call the lightning down, then move away at super speed, causing it to hit Superman and hurt him. By the time Superman grabbed Marvel, he was bleeding from his nose and ears, as well as having blood shot eyes.

Supergirl/Kara Zor-El doesn't have the restraint that he does, as Jeph Loeb revealed in "Supergirl: Power". Superman mentioned this to Batman and Wonder Woman. Thus she hits harder, but he managed to knock her out wearing the Kryptonite Ring in "The Supergirl From Krypton".

Pre-Crisis, all Kryptonians on Earth have a dense molecular (sp) structure that allows them to have these pow

2. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    ...Well that pretty much sums everything up.

But Spawn still sucks.

3. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    Superboy Prime can beat Superman... [face_frustrated]

...and that doesn't make me happy...

4. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Superboy-Prime's abilities are based off the Earth-1 Superman's. The one who could juggle planets and travel through time. When the Crisis wave finally hit, Earth-1 Superman was affected as well. As a result, his Krypton was altered and his power levels were brought down. So far with history changed from "Infinite Crisis", it's not known how much more powerful Superman is now. So far, it seems he's pretty on par with the way things were before he lost his powers at the end of the second Crisis.

5. Frosted_Lemon_Jedi

Frosted_Lemon_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2006
    So can I get any agreement on a Top-Top Level Jedi beating Superman?

6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    No.

E_S

7. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Nay.

8. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Superman is faster than any Jedi/Sith, including Anakin in his prime and as a whole person. Force Lightning probably wouldn't hurt him, since as far as we know, the Force isn't magic. A Lightsaber will only tick him off. And he can hold his breath if someone tries to choke him. He can plant himself so that a Force shove wouldn't work. While a hurricane level blast of super breath would send his opponet flying. Hell, he'd burn the Lightsaber with his heat vision by aiming right at the matrix emitter.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yoda should have brought Superman to his duel with Sidious. :p

Although I am rather curious as to whether a Jedi/Sith in ghostie format would be able to tangle with Superman. Being dead already, I don't think he'd be able to affect one meaningfully.

10. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Perhaps, but what is a ghost Jedi going to do to Supes?

11. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm still sticking with my two Saiyans Goku and Vegeta. Either one of them could waste Superman anyday of the week, and their sons could give him trouble as well.

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    If we're talking Earth-1, Pre-Crisis Superman who could juggle planets. That guy can just drop a mountain on Goku.

13. Frosted_Lemon_Jedi

Oct 25, 2006

Nah. Once Goku reaches Super Saiyan 4, he is like a cosmic level being, thousands of times more powerful than the Gods of the Universe themselves. Even opponents that he could easily, easily crush, such as Frieza or Cell could destroy a planet on a whim.

If, for some Godawful reason, Superman got the upper hand (which he wouldn't) Goku and Vegeta would merge into Gogeta and rip Superman's face off while feeding it to him.

14. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000

QFT..

Goku has been knocked through mountains on many occasions and comes back for more. And with Saiyans growing stronger and more powerful after every battle, the Kryptonian would easily lose.

15. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Thats really sad that you know that.

16. Frosted_Lemon_Jedi

Oct 25, 2006
    Hey, I have seen the entire series of Dragonball, and the vast majority of Dragonball Z. Believe me, getting knocked through a mountain ain't no thang for Goku.

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Okay, but what if Superman grabs Goku and throws him into the sun as super speed.

18. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Instant transmission, and that's if Superman is fast enough to grab Goku and manage to throw him. Superman is out of his league if that fight ever happened. Goku is a nice guy, but Vegeta would kill/beat Superman for the fun of it.

I don't really give a **** that you think that is sad that I know that bud.:)

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Okay, but how about this?

[image=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g92/darth-sinister/Avatars/supeblue.gif]

This version of Superman is known for his ability to absorb energy, known as "Violent Absorption". If Goku or Vegta were to try and attack him, he could become incorporeal and let them pass through him, thus removing their kinetic energy which is the result of their movements. And absorb their energy, thus weakening them.

20. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Hmmm..

I never bothered to learn anything about that version of Superman.

Can he be overwhelmed with too much energy over a short period of time?

21. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    As far as strength goes, Hulk is much much stronger than Superman.....Hulk doesnt have limits but Superman does.

But I still think that Superman would find a way to beat him though.

Gladiator and Superman would be a great fight.....they have exactly the same powers and Gladiator is supposed to be Marvel's version of Superman.
    (I had this fight posted at my Superhero battles thread at the ORS)

Personally I think Superman would defeat the Silver Surfer....Galactus is another matter altogether though.

Batman.......

C'mon now......Batman???o_O

Let's just be realistic (or as "realistic" as we can be for a comic.:p ) Batman has ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE against Superman.

The only reason that he's been able to hang with/defeat him before is because of Batman's popularity, and the "bat-fan's" insane devotion to their character, and the writers not wanting to disappoint.

But Superman could literally sneeze on Batman and kill him.

:rolleyes:
    I swear Batman has GOT to be the most overratted Superhero in history.

22. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    I don't think anyone has mentioned this one yet, but I would have to say that, as long as her powers are directed at him and not doing other things, a REALLY ticked off Jean Grey in Dark Phoenix mode could have shot at kicking his butt.

23. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Any form of Phoenix could kill Superman with ease.

Nate Grey could probably do it as well.

24. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    Batman overratted? Blasphemy!

25. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    It's the truth. He's interesting, but he simply shouldn't be able to hang with the Man of Steel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.