main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Who can beat Superman?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Frosted_Lemon_Jedi, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosted_Lemon_Jedi

Frosted_Lemon_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2006
    Nobody is arguing that, in a straight up, one to one fight, Batman could defeat Superman. Batman is a human, Superman is Superman.

But, it is arguable that in most cases, circumstances arise, that allow Bruce Wayne's genius to overcome the huge difference in strength. In most cases, whenever Superman fights Batman, it is a "setup" where Bats outthinks Superman, and thus comes out the victor.

This is a typical Brains vs. Brawn scenario, and I like that DC usually comes out on Batman's side. Just having Batman being beaten by Superman would be pointless, it wouldn't SAY anything, and thus it isn't good storytelling.

2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I doubt it, unless it's a Skywalker and the Force grants him or her full power that will age the user like Jacen in TUF. I still doubt it though.

3. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    Let's not forget that Superman's powers are dependent on where he is.

Therefore, depending on the system in the Star Wars universe, even Jar-Jar might be able to kick Superman's tail.

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Afford him next to no privacy? Disturb his sleep?

E_S

5. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the yellow sun thing. In that case, any powerful force user can off him, if they know his weaknesses.

6. Frosted_Lemon_Jedi

Oct 25, 2006
    Thats really interesting. Fighting in the GFFA, Superman might be no match for a Jedi at all.

7. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    indeed..

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It is possible, but it depends on how long Goku can keep pouring it own, before running out.

Superman is ten times smarter than Savage Hulk. When brute strength isn't enough, Superman turns to his brains.

Batman would win using the same method Superman used against Supergirl.

[image=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g92/darth-sinister/Avatars/supermanbatman32ul5ep-1.jpg]

Kryptonite ring.

And Batman has beaten Superman, as shown in "The Dark Knight Returns".

[image=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g92/darth-sinister/Avatars/07d2371e.jpg]

[image=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g92/darth-sinister/Avatars/7cec944d.gif]

Kryptonite in the GFFA would be impossible to come by. And all known Kryptonite on Earth is in the hands of the heroes or was lost when Lex Luthor used it to activate Zod's old battleship/warsuit. Magic is hard to determine if it exists in the GFFA. The red sun takes a while to weaken him. He still stores solar energy inside his body, which lasts a while.

9. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I should sleeping right now, since I have german final in 5 hours, but i'll get back to ya on those Sinister..

10. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Goku could go SS4, grab Superman and then rapidly transfer as much energy as needed to destroy Superman. I doubt that version of Superman would be able to handle the energy to destroy the earth 10 times over a really short time frame. Other than that, I can't really think of anything.

I wasn't talking about kryptonite when i was mentioned weaknesses. If the Ewoks have magic, then i'm sure there is other magic users in the galaxy. As far as the Force goes, it kinda tough to call it magic or not. Some probably would, but I haven't made up my mind on that. The sun issue is the big one. Tatooine is out of the question Two yellow suns would give superman insane power. As long as he isn't near a system with yellow sun, he will weaken sooner or later and will be ripe for the kill for whoever wants to do it.

11. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Yeah, but would Goku risk destroying the Earth with that much energy? Superman's containment suit would burst, killing them both.

The Ewoks don't have magic. They're supersitious. What they precieve to be magic is really the Force.

Just about everywhere in the GFFA has a yellow sun. The suns of Tatooine would only become an issue if he were floating in front of them, away from an ozone layer which dilutes it's purity.

12. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000

He doesn't have to be on Earth. He can just teleport himself and Superman to damn near any planet in the universe. Besides, with the dragon balls, Goku can be brought back to life, so that isn't an issue.

They appear to have magic in the live action ewok films. There are also glowing, fairy like creatures on Endor, and Charal was there as well. She has a magic ring that allows her to shape shift, and she has been retconned into being a Nightsister. If she isn't a witch, then I must be mistaken.:)

Only the planets that they choose to show in the novels, games and films.:)

13. Frosted_Lemon_Jedi

Oct 25, 2006
    Let's not go making guesses about what can kill Goku and what can't.

Personally, I don't even think it would take Super Saiyan 3 level to beat Superman.

I say, Goku is equal to Post-Crisis at just Super Saiyan, Pre-Crisis at anywhere from Super Saiyan 2-3.

14. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I was just being nice, but you probably weren't talking to me. It's been a long day.
    :p

I know what Goku is capable of. I've seen all of DBZ and GT( the original Japanese versions) and most of DB.

I agree.

15. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    The original Superman, the Earth-2 Superman, at full strength, could take Goku. That Superman can juggle planets without straining himself. He?s effectively completely invincible, except to kryptonite. Not like the current Superman, whose power is immense, but relatively finite.

But something else to consider: Superman, at the end of the day, can be surprisingly like Batman in how he wins. That is to say, not through brute force A fair number of Superman stories ? at least many of the best, especially among the classics ? are not about how he pummels the enemy into submission, but how he outthinks his foe. I?ll even point out that even in Superman Returns, Superman doesn?t throw a single punch. Superman is a master of letting other people have his way. In a fight against Goku, even the (relatively) weak current version of Superman would walk away the winner in truth, though Goku would probably think that he?d accomplished whatever he set out to do.

Also, Batman could beat any version of any Saiyan. He?s just spike their ?foamy water? with laxatives. Unable to power up through constipation, they?d quickly be taken down.

16. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000

[face_laugh]

Whatever you say bud.

As I said before, Goku is the nice one. Vegeta likes to kill people for the fun of it, and he is a good guy now. Superman or Batman have no chance.:)

17. Frosted_Lemon_Jedi

Oct 25, 2006
    Goku + Vegeta > Gods > Superman

Basically, the problem in this thread, is that people are taking Goku and acting like he is gonna have to have a knock down, drag out fight with Superman, and that Superman will somehow have the strength or brains to win.

Not really...Goku and Vegeta are basically different tiers of beings all together from Superman. They hang out with Gods, and defend basically the entire universe.

I mean, at his highest levels, Goku could probably hang with Galactus, and a merged Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta is one of, and probably, the most powerful character in the history of comic books/manga. We are talking about "Destroying the Universe" kind of powerful.

So, Superman would be just as outclassed against Goku and Vegeta as he would be against Imperiex Prime or Galactus, or what have you.

18. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
  19. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I guess that ends the debate about Saiyans(Goku and Vegeta, at least :) ) versus pretty much anyone.:D

20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    It was Earth-1 Superman, known as Kal-El who was practically a god. Who could juggle planets. Earth-2 Superman, known as Kal-L wasn't as strong as he was. Kal-L was weak against Kryptonite, magics and pisonics. Kal-L was in some stories as strong as Kal-El, but by the time of the original Crisis, Kal-El was said to be the stronger of the two. Kal-El was weak against Kryptonite, magic and would either lose his powers under a red sun or if someone was coated in red solar energy, they could inflict damage for a short period of time.

And these days, they're starting to play up his intelligence again.

Well, Superman has beaten Darkseid who is considered a God. And Superman in his energy powers era ******* wrestled Asmodel, an angel from heaven and won.

[image=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g92/darth-sinister/Avatars/asmodel.jpg]

21. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
  22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Basically, all incarnations of Superman are as powerful as the writers want him to be at any given time.

23. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    indeed..

24. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Bugs Bunny could take anyone.

25. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

And the people said "Amen".

Batman wins because of things like "oh, good thing Superman gave me this Kryptonite ring" or "good thing Superman won't rip me in half with his bare hands".

I love both guys, and I think they make a better, more interesting team than they do enemies. But for the sake of theory, I'd still say Supes.

-sj loves kevin spacey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.