main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Who can beat Superman?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Frosted_Lemon_Jedi, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    Also totally true... Something just occured to me- has Metallo been mentioned yet? He runs on a Kryptonite core... from what little I remember of him from the old cartoon, he could just open his chest cavity and the radiation would overwhelm Supes. All he has to do is face him, and he's got the super robotic strength on his side. I dunno if he could kill him, but he could make Supes wish he had brought backup...

I dunno, I almost think it would take a group of villains to take him down, and even then, theres no guarantee it would be forever. If Metallo teamed up with Darkseid, and Darkseid got Kryptonite brass knuckles, and Doomsday finally evolved to the point that his spikes were laced with Kryptonite (because he adapts to whatever kills him- if a Kryptonian kills him, then bingo, theres your next step in evolution hehehe), and whenever they killed him they left a hunk of kryptonite in his skull or chest cavity so he can't regenerate or whatever it is that happens to Supes once he's in the ground, THEN he might actually be dead. Wow... that was a long sentence...

2. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Are you suggesting that Darkseid needs to team up with someone to beat Superman?

DARKSEID IS A GOD

GOD'S NEED NO ALLIES

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Metallo when he's had a Kryptonite heart, has been able to give Superman a run for his money. But Superman has still beaten him regardless and often without the help of a non-Kryptonian ally. During much of the Post Crisis era, Metallo hasn't had a Kryptonite heart. And save for when Neron upgraded his abilities in the mid-90's, he was easily taken care of. Currently, Lex has removed his traiditional Kryptonite heart and replaced it with four colors. Green, Red, Gold and Blue. However, since 2003, Green Kryptonite takes a while to drop him and Kara.

There was the old Superman Revenge Squad composed of a group of alien conquerers who sought to kill him, by teaming up after he prevented their rise to power. A modern version was created by Morgan Edge comprising several of his enemies. Maxima, Riot, Anomoly, Misa and Barrage. But because they were all turning on each other, Superman was able to rally back and defeat them. A variation included Riot, Bloodsport I, Silver Banshee, the Puzzler, Livewire and Hellgrammite. Now Lex has a new one that he's forging starting with Metallo.

Superman killed Doomsday, but he didn't add Kryptonite. He just added a poison which didn't kill him. Just slowed Supes down. And Superman has had Kryptonite within his system four times. Twice when he was shot by Kryptonite bullets, once when Gog injected him with artificial Kryptonite and when he had Kancer in him. Each time he had it removed. Darkseid tried to use Doomsday, but he couldn't even contain him long enough to do so. And the Doomsday clones were easily killed.

4. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005

They do in DC where there is thousands of them all mixed in with Christian religion stuff...

Don't you know somtimes the JLA had this angel dude and even Specte had to listen to him.

Plus in all mythology with gods (plural) the gods have to team up to win...

EDIT: Not that I'm saying Darkseid needs help with Superman. Basically I think of them as equals and if anyone helped Darkseid Supes would get PWNED!

5. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    Meh, it was worth a shot... for the record, I knew Doomsday didn't evolve Kryptonite, it was just a suggestion... HOWEVER, has he had Kryptonite in his system while dead? Even if its internal when he's alive, it can be removed. Lets say he was dead... As we've seen, Supes can come back from the grave. So, could he reform or regenerate or whatever he does six feet under if he had Kryptonite blocking his vital systems?

6. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, twice now in continuity Darkseid has lost to Superman. But Darkseid has beaten Superman as well. Darkseid is part of the New Gods who are decended from the Old Gods. The Spectre, the angels of heaven and the Spectre's boss are there too. But only Spectre and Zauriel are actively represent their boss's will.

Doomsday has not been exposed to Kryptonite, to date. Kal-El has died once, but the circumstances of his resurrection were unique and difficult to replicate. You had the solar energy that his body absorbed, his spirit was retrieved by Jonathan Kent and his body was restored thanks to the Regeneration Matrix. The latter of which was part of the Eradicator's Fortress of Solitude. Since that Fortress is gone and part of the Eradicator now, it's looking not so good that it'll help. Perhaps the Sunstone crystals might be able to resurrect him, if they're like on Smallville, when Jor-El used one to revive Clark.

7. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    What about when he was beaten to death by Doomsday? Or was that what you were talking about...? I only have "The Death of Superman", not the next book... it was a bit before my time in comic book terms, and I only have this one because I found it at a used book store for $7.

Anywho, I wonder what would have happened in the post-Infinite Crisis world where Supes lost his powers... Could he have been killed then?

8. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That was during the Death and Return saga. His resurrection came from the Eradicator, a Kryptonian device that had evolved into a humanoid being, that was thought to have been destroyed. But as he was brought back by the Fortress, his original programming to preserve Kryptonian life kicked in. He took Superman's body back to the Fortress and placed it within the Regeneration Matrix, which helped to restore his body back to life. Jonathan Kent had a heart attack and his spirit had crossed over enough to bring Clark back to his body, just before the Eradicator placed him in the matrix. The Eradicator and later Dr. Occult told Clark that the circumstances were unique and could never be duplicated.

Yes, he could. Without his powers, any normal means of killing would've done so. But due to his deep down desire to be Superman again and the Sunstone crystal, Clark was able to regain his powers when his life was threatened. Unlike when he dove out the window to get Supernova to catch him, his running into the train had the desired effect.

9. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    Who can beat Superman?
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/r8hitman/superheroesII/superman_ali_wallpaper.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/r8hitman/superheroesII/page35.gif]
    Well, now you know.;)

10. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    Did we ever decide if Darkseid and Galactus could beat Superman?

11. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Galactus is brother to Eternity and... someone else. Infinity? Sinister probably knows. He is more of a natural force of the universe then a being who can be defeated. Alone he wouldn't have a chance at him. Maybe with the Ultimate Nullifier.

Didn't Reed actually save Galactus from dying recently? How did that happen?

And normally Supes wouldn't stand a chance against Darkseid, but he's been wildly out of character in his last major appearance (Superman/Batman) where for some reason Wonder Woman's gauntlets can deflect Omega Beams. If he used those the fight would be over in seconds. Of course he hates Supes so much that he wants to beat him to death with his own hands.

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Galactus is a powerful being and while Superman is good, he's not that good. Even the Silver Surfer cannot really beat him in battle. Only Ahnnulus (sp) was able to get that far. Anyway, the Ultimate Nullifier is the only thing that can stop his hunger and send Galactus away.

This was a while back. Galactus was fighting Terrax and burned up a lot of energy while fighting him and then the Marvel heroes who fought back when he came to Earth to restore himself. Reed and Thor work together to save his life, when it's learned that Galactus is dying from not feeding in so long. They use a device powered by Thor to restore the great being.

That's because Jeph Loeb is a fan of the animated series, where Superman defeated Darkseid three times.

And r8hitman, did you read the whole story about Superman vs Ali? They were forced to fight on a world that's under a red sun and Superman was throwing the fight, until he turned around and got off world to stop the aliens who set up this fight. It's not a legit fight.

13. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    Nothing to do with Superman, just curious why would the Marvel Heroes want to restore Galactus back to health wouldn't they be better off with him dead?

14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Reed Richards is first and formost, not a killer. So while it would seem logical to let Galactus die, he couldn't do that. None of the other Avengers were killers either, which is why Thor helped him. It's best if you read "The Trial Of Galactus".

15. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Wrong, Annihilus enlisted Thanos, Tenebrous and Aegis (2 Galactus-level beings) to fight Big G for him. Once Galactus got loose Annihilus got utterly owned by him.

And I think Galactus's death would have consequences for Marvel U since he's a fundamental force of the universe.

16. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Hey a superman verses phinox or silver surfer would be cool to see as would an onslaught verse darksied. What you all think it'd be some high impact fighting. Spawn verse Superman would also be an instresting battle.

17. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Spawn, as declared in the Batman thread, doesn't count because Spawn is lame. :p

18. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    "Hello I am Todd McFarlane and I left Marvel to focus more independent projects and to stop selling out to corprate overlords. Watch as I created the most cliched comic book in history and sell out so fast it will make your head spin. I will create an idea so bad that not even Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore, and Grant Morrison can make it good."

19. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Thank God that comic is mostly done with. :p

20. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    It will relaunch with a new number one with 30 variant covers. 10 of which will be holographic. In order to get the full cover you have to collect all of them.

21. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    BOOMTUBES OF APOKOLIPS!

I hope that's a nasty joke. :p

22. CyberFaust

CyberFaust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    two words:

prep time ;)

23. faithskywalker

faithskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2007
    Are the suguestions limited to marvel only?
    If not I would say darth vader could easily defeat superman.@};-

24. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    And I would say the Superman would crush Darth Vader like a bug.

25. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Nothing the Sith can do can hurt him. Superman can hold his breath, so a Force choke won't work. A Force shove is nothing for his invulnerability, same with a Lightsaber. If Vader could do the lightning, it wouldn't affect him. All Superman would have to do is rip his bionic limbs off and that's that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.