Amph Who can beat Superman?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Frosted_Lemon_Jedi, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    Why do people keep saying that

Do people even know Superman at all
  2. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Yes, but Vader can use the Force to twist Superman's head too far and break his neck.
  3. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    No he can't.

What is wrong with you people.
  4. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Superman's neck muscles and bones are such that he can resist any pressure that Vader would try. Besides, Superman's faster than Vader. He'd never see his ass kicking coming. If Darkseid and Doomsday cannot snap his neck in one, super strong blow, Vader has no chance. Superman has a variety of powers that are more efficent than the Force. He'd kick the ass of all Jedi and Sith, without blinking.
  5. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Superman is the easy asnwer for this, but in the details it's not so easy. I would place my bets on Supes.

The Force, Jedi can percieve, block, and or redirect blaster bolts. There are wanked out versions of Superman that could take someone down in the blink of an eye, but most unwanked versions do not do this.

Yoda and mace show that Sith lighting can be redirected as well.

Superspeed and heat vision get trumped just from the Force. A lightsaber will hurt Superman, and a nicely placed lightsaber could kill him just as easily as a sword could kill us normal humans. That blast door Qui Gon stabbed into is not some little ol' Earth steel.

But whatever, as a tactic Superman flies and makes various shots from range with heat vision and super breath and so forth. He just has too many advantages.

Superman cannot take a Star Destroyer so long as the shields are up. Superman would have a hard time with fighters let alone SD's.
  6. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    /sighs

YOU PEOPLE ARE KILLING ME
  7. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    A Lightsaber cannot hurt Superman. All it would do reflect off his body, the same way it does when it's used against Quantum armor. Superman has been hit by energy swords and they barely do anything to him. The only sword that can hurt him is a magically enchanted sword or a sword powered by an artifical red solar light. If passing through the sun won't kill him, I doubt a Lightsaber will. Heat vision is not laser beams. It is intense heat that is the excess of the yellow solar energy that his body absorbs. It's been portrayed as red laser beams as a method of showing that he is using his heat vision. As shown in "Smallville" and "Superman Returns", it is intense heat.

Superman can manuver far better than the TIE Fighters and thus he can disable them as easily as he can Earth Jets. In terms of a Star Destroyer, he trick a TIE into firing upon it long enough to get in through the energy sheilds and then smash his way inside. He'd head for the engine room and disable it, cutting off all power to the ship.
  8. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    So a lightsaber is like any old energy sword from any old story, and the whole "can cut through anything" is disabled because of "quantum armor" and the "fact" that Superman is invulnerable to everything if a writer needs him to be?

See, you can't just rack up one literary aspect on one side and use them to dismiss literary aspects of another. If you do, then there is no reason to even have such a debate, no reason to even have a message board, and no reason for people to communicate by any means what so ever.
  9. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    No, I'm pointing out that Superman has been cut by energy swords that would fell any other being. I'm saying that he survived fighting Darkseid's Omega Effect, which is nearly impossible. I'm saying that he can survive a lot of stuff, because of his invulnerability. As to Lightsabers, we've seen that they cannot cut through everything. Which is why I pointed out the limitation of the Lightsabert here. He'd also use other attacks such as a superclap, which is basically a loud and hard clap, that come across as a loud sonic boom. He'd drill underground and come up behind them, which allows him a split second to give a gentle love tap that feels like Ivan Drago throwing a roundhouse punch. A Jedi wouldn't get a chance to hurt him, because he'd come at them at Mach 4. Faster than even their Jedi reflexes can handle. If they took a swing at him, all that would happen is nothing. And before they could stab him, he'd catch their wrist and crush the bone to fine powder.

I'm not saying Superman cannot be beaten. Just that the Jedi and the Sith cannot do it, because he's faced similar or worse attacks.
  10. DarthSubZero Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone from DragonBall Z that is actually skilled.

Seriously, the weakest people can blow up a planet.
  11. gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    richard simmons on steriods?
  12. WeaveSP03 Jedi Knight

Hmm, Darkeid sure needed help with Doomsday.
  13. Darth Aiser Force Ghost

star 4
    Any one watch stargate and stargate atlantis. Pit Superman VS Nanos.
    Superman Vs. the Ori. Superman VS the Ancients. Superman Vs. the Wraith.

All at one time. Just as soon they kill him were skrewed. Or just smash him into a tomb made of Krypton of all colors then take him to galaxy far far away. because if memory serves its our sun that gives him his powers put him very far away from it.
  14. DARTH_MARK-22 Jedi Master

star 3
    Kryptonite is extremely rare, so scratch out the likelihood of anyone constructing anything out of Kryptonite.

Even if they were to Stargate him to a location without a Yellow Sun, Superman still functions somewhat like a battery, and would have plenty of reserve energy to continue functioning with all of his powers.

Now, if it were to a location with a Red Sun, that would be another story. Red solar radiation effectively robs Superman of his powers. He would be just another ordinary human being at that point.

Otherwise, from what I've seen Stargate, there's just no contest. Superman wins completely, hands down.
  15. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
  16. DARTH_MARK-22 Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, he is a sorcerer, and Supes is known to be vulnerable to magic. So yeah, Mordru the Merciless would stand a decent chance.
  17. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    More than decent, Power Girl has punched Mordru several times without causing any real damage. Pretty much any high level sorceror (Fate, Mordru, Strange, Dormammu, etc) should be able to take out Supes if they kept his powers consistent.
  18. Obi Wan Bergkamp Jedi Knight

star 3
    Here's two out of left field.

1} Dr. Who. He has three advantages, firstly extreme intelligence, secondly the ability to regenerate and thirdly he can travel in time as well as space. He would be able to formulate a plan, travel through time and space getting all necessary items before travelling to the point on Superman's timeline where he would be most vunerable to whatever the Doctor has planned. Game over, 1-0 to the timelord.

2} The crew of the Starship Enterpise. It has been stated that Kryptonite is very scarce, but the replicators could simply make more. Use the transporter to dump a load next to poor ol' supes and he won't know what's hit him.
  19. darthspino Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't think anyone mentioned this one but what about Franklin Richards, son of sue and reed Richards.yes he's young but if he learned how to use his powers I think he could beat supes.he's considered to be an omega level mutant which is the highest level of mutant power I believe.he's strongest power is his ability to warp reality.that alone would allow him to send supes to another dimension or float him out in the middle of space with the kryptonite remains of his homeworld.
  20. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    The only reason Power Girl couldn't punch out Mordru, is due to the fact that she's Kryptonian and like Superman and Supergirl, she is vulnerable to magic.

That's if he deems killing a child the only way to stop Superman. Superman is also intelligent as well and invulnerable. The good doctor is a mere human against Superman.

Two things.

1. That's if the replicators can successfully replicate Kryptonite. It's componets aren't easily replicated.

2. That depends on if the crews of the various Enterprises know about Kryptonite. And even if they do try to transport it in, Superman can fly away, before it has fully disolved in.

Indeed.

21. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Uh, pretty much my point? Mordru isn't going down easy and his weapons are effective against Kryptonians.
  22. Private-Caboose Jedi Knight

star 1
    Data would figure it all out.
  23. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Proteus could probably do the same. Or, failing that, he would take over Supes body and wear him out until there was nothing left but a whithered husk.
  24. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Is that before Superman punches the Enterprise so hard, that it loses all power?
  25. Private-Caboose Jedi Knight

star 1
    I actually see Supes flying through, putting man sized tubes through the ship. Not punching it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.