main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Who can help explaine difference between EU and the story so far.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jakhun, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakhun

Jakhun Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2015
    So first of all i have been reading up on Star Wars lore.
    But i'm getting confused after all this reading and matching things up, especially after seeing the new movie.

Who now can explain me what the official stories of SW is, excepts for the movies, kind of obvious they are official and everyone els has to hold true with that.

So what about all those comics, books, animated tv shows, extra movies,...
    What happend to that ? As i can recall that has been named Extended Universe, but now since Disney bought things up from Lucas those things aren't true or has been scraped?

Of possible could someone show me a link where i can now find all the official stories lined up so i can start fresh again, and at least be able to follow things again :D

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hi Jakhun , welcome to the boards.

The films, the 2008 Clone Wars animated series and the Rebels series are canon, as are the Marvel Star Wars comics series beginning in 2014 and the Star Wars books published September 2014 and later, A New Dawn by John Jackson Miller being the first book published in the "new canon."

This forum is primarily for movies with references to books, comics and TV shows allowed; stick around here to discuss the films. If you want more information on the books and comics, check our Literature forum, and our TV forum has discussions of the animated shows.

I'm going to lock this up since it was a straightforward question-and-answer; you can always use our "Got a question? Ask it here!" thread if you have similar questions and answers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.