main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who Cheered When Anakin Drew His Lightsaber Against Palpatine?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by RKMeibalane, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Migel_Vos

Migel_Vos Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2005
    Sure we all know the outcome, but that still doesn't stop me from wanting Anakin to stick that lightsaber through one of the many dumb faces palpitine makes in this movie.

2. Just_Joe

Just_Joe Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 9, 2002
    The first time I saw it, I was like "What the hell?!"

It was nice to see that he didnt just immediately start following Palps with a few false hopes. He always had the "good intensions" of a Jedi, but he was being side-tracked cuz he was concerned about Padme.

He was taught to hate the Sith since his training began. So once he figured Palps was Sidious, his first instinct was to attack him. But his wanting to know "the part of the force that keeps people from dying" was holding him back from killing Palps.

We knew he wasnt gonna kill him, since it's a prequel, but part of you just wishes he'd do it. Though the ROTS videogame kinda does that in an alternate ending. :)

3. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    You mean awesome faces, right?

4. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I didn't cheer out loud but I cheered in the inside. I was so hoping that Anakin would strike him down!!!

5. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005

I agree[face_peace]

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Seriously, had anyone been cheering during the first showing I was at (midnight of course), I would've killed him/her. Way to ruin a movie!
    Some guy in front of me was commenting Land of the Dead throughout the first half of the movie very loudly at the premier, after that I leaned forward and told him to shut the **** up.
    I hate it when people talks/cheers/screams at movies. Laughs are the only thing I find acceptable, cos that's natural. It's only IMHO immature to 'talk' to the screen.

7. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I was pleasantly surprised by this scene, because I had hoped that Anakin would view Palpatine as his enemy when he learned the truth about him, but I didn't really believe that Lucas would actually do it that way. It makes it so clear that Anakin knows exactly what he's getting himself into when he joins the Sith and I'm very happy that Lucas agreed with me on this one :)

Lightsabers - they make things clear
    /LM

8. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    The first time I saw it, I was like "What the hell?!"

It was nice to see that he didnt just immediately start following Palps with a few false hopes. He always had the "good intensions" of a Jedi, but he was being side-tracked cuz he was concerned about Padme.

I agree. It shows that Anakin was really a good person, and George made it clear that if it were not for Padme, he would have merrily stood by while Palpatine got his. In fact, George went out of his way to change this scene. You're left with the feeling Anakin really didn't want to go to the dark side, unlike I always thought in the OT, that he just went for the power to rule the galaxy. It was a nice twist.

9. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005

I agree,Anakin is a good person.The only reason Anakin turned was because Palpatine was tricking him for years.

10. force-lightning

force-lightning Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2004
    There is one thing about this scene that I think is cool..

Think about the next generation watching the trilogy in order they will get tense...

It's scenes like this that make me wonder:
    Do I show the original trilogy first for the I am your father line...

or the prequel for the turning of the hero...

Both are good choices...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.