main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Who collects Star Wars stuff?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi Daniel, Jun 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I was wondering (Like Usual) who collects Star Wars memorabillia here?

I have heaps of stuff.

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I do, mainly the 3&3/4" figs and vehicles, but also the comics, and video games.

Much to my sons delight. :)

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I don't collect anything in particular. Bits and pieces really. I guess you could say I collect fan films.

4. Princess_Lego

Princess_Lego Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Just the lego for me. Bet you didn't guess that huh? ;)

5. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I have most the original group of models:
    Xwing, Bwing, Ywing, Awing, Snow-speeder, Shuttle T, Mil. Falcon, Mon-Cal Cruiser, Tie fighter/interceptor, Star-Destroyer and Interdictor Cruiser.
    Have a fibre optic death-star, but I havent assembled it in fear of buggering it up. (you actually drill into it..)
    But if anyone knows or sees where to get a:
    Tie bomber or an E-wing
    Pleaaase let me know... :)

6. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Oh good I'm not the only one. I have nearly all the figures from The Phantom Menace except about 6 I think. I also have most of the vehicles and creatures from Episode 1 to. I also collect Star Wars books (Not novels) and collect cards (Not CCG cards just normal ones).

Does anyone here use www.wizardworld.com to find out how much their collection is worth?

Mine is worth about $2,250 or something close to that. I also collect Star Wars comics. One of my most expensive things is a figure of a Weequay that is worth $249 but I also ahve other things that are more valuable and rare.

7. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Is this the right time for me to lament the loss of my complete collection of original Kenner figures I had as a kid? :_|
    I remember SM & I spending many days during school holidays, hanging out at the shops and adding to our collections.

8. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Let us never speak of the loss of our collections again,
    It's still too painful to talk about...

9. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    I'm a small collector. I collect posters, videos and books.

10. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Jee if you still had your collections SM and Soniel they would be worth a fortune [face_clown]

11. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Only the books for me. Not much into the other stuff. Maybe you should ask my brother. He likes SW too.

12. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    have you checked the AMT/ERTL, MPC/ERTL sites Stinky? from memory I think there might have been a bomber listed... or maybe that was vaders x1 tie.. got one of them, and most of the others you listed.Never seen the Mon Cal Cruiser, Interdictor or Death Star tho :(

13. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    They haven't made a Bomber, Interdictor or Mon Cal Cruiser,

I know Stanbridges had the Death Star model a few weeks ago though.

14. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I guess I haven't got into collecting the new figures since I did enough collecting in my younger days. Plus I wasn't too impressed with the first few that came out so that put me off collecting. The first few looked more like he-man toys than starwars figures. The ones you get these days are a lot better though.

15. JediMage

JediMage Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2001
    I have most of the newer ones, the new lando is definitely much better than the 97 version,
    those first 2 "heman" waves look just awful.

16. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Actually I don't know that the new Lando one looks much different from the original Kenner one.

17. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    If you're talking about the 1980 kenner one, I think he looks like Saddam Hussein.

18. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    None of the original ones had very detailed faces. I think it kinda added to their charm. I guess I'm just stuck in the old days.

19. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, having moved on from playing with them, too having them displayed around my home, I appreciate the extra detail in the new ones,
    They are great for display, and yes, the apprentice does get to play with them when he visits...

20. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    That reminds me of something I realised a while back about the difference between the old merchandise and the new merchandise.
    The old ones were toys. The new ones often aren't. The original figures were great for kids to play with. You could act out just about any part of the movies with them.
    With the new figures, they all seem to be meant to stand in a certain pose or appear in a certain setting otherwise they look plain silly. For example, you couldn't portray a scene from a film including Luke unless you have the correct one of the 100 or so Lukes available. The old ones were toys that a lot of people used to collect. The new ones are merely things to collect and put on display.
    A lot of them do look good but I guess I'm not one for collecting for the sake of collecting. The fact that everyone else seems to collect them and the fact that there seem to be endless numbers of them being released has put me off too. I prefer to collect things that are unusual or particularly cool in some strange way. That's why my collection,isn't made up of figures as much as things like Mouse-pads, small toys and stickers. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with collecting the Hasbro figures, but that's probably about as close as I can get to figuring out why I haven't felt inclined to start collecting them.

21. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I agree, the desert skiff isn't designed for kids to play with it, the levers and landing gear are very fragile.
    The Ywings rear vanes come off very easy too, and the figures all have to stand in an action pose, it's cool for display, but not for kids to play with.
    Still, call something an adult toy and ppl instantly get the wrong idea...

22. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I was in superstars and legends the other day and saw an original looking episode 4 poster signed by carrie fisher, mark hamill and either Lucas or harrison ford I think.
    The price $1995. One upfront payment of $795 then 3 monthly installments of $400.

anyone interested ?????

23. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    *cough*
    *gag*

24. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Griz.. whats the address for AMT/ERTL models? i tried lookin but couldnt find it..

most of my models are AMT/ERTL, but my rellies over in england pick up models for me all the time and its they are made by: Euroco... Valhalla cant get that brand of model in, so where u would get them from in WA i have no idea...

As for the poster... tad excessive dont you think?

25. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    I did a search on ERTL and came up with this site wich also lists all the kits and stock numbers http://www.pitt.edu/~thurn/SWB/companies.html
    There are listings of MPC,MPC/ERTL and AMT/ERTL kits

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.