main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who could afford that?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Zizou87, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zizou87

Zizou87 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    I posted this thread in the EpIII spoiler forum and I was told I should post it here :D

The thing I was wondering was how could Palpatine/Dooku afford the clone army? I guess that Palpatine could have made quite a lot of money when he was Sidious (before taking the role as Palpatine). And Dooku sure had some money.

But enough money to buy an entire clone army with equipment and starships and so on...that's damn expensive! I don't think the cloners just would have took the order and start cloning and building ships, equipment etc without getting some cash first.

I mean why didn't Palpatine and Dooku use the separatist army to crush the republic, without the clones the republic wouldn't have had a chanse!

And Dookus line in the end of AOTC must have been a show for the separatist bug leader "My master wont allow such treachery" or something like that.

2. Ker-Soth

Ker-Soth Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    I'm under the impresion that's been discussed before, if I remember correctly Dooku is the richest (or one of the richest) person in the galaxy. After he left the Jedi, he re-claimed his fortune and used it to fund the creation of the army. I think that's it, but I'm not 100% certain.

3. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Dooku has a very large fortune at his fingertips. Allthough he might not be able to afford an entire clone arny. I always suspected that since Syfo-Dias(sp?) had pretneded to have been allowed to do this by the counicil/republic, he had stolen the money. Either from the Jedi or the Republic surplus, or something like that.

4. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Additionally, don't forget the support Palpatine has within the Senate. The clone army was created, what - roughly ten years ago?, which means it was likely started shortly after Palpatine became Chancellor. It is hardly impossible to envision a situation where Palpatine embezzled money from various associations/committees within the Senate and funneled it into a fund toward the Kaminoans. (In fact, wasn't there a reference source that implies some sort of banking clan is unconsciously providing money for it?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.