main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Who could beat Batman?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Panther50, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Regardless of that, Batman did last quite a while against Karate Kid. He might've lost that fight, but he did pretty well all things considered.

2. Darth_Sparhawk

Darth_Sparhawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2007
    Freddy Krueger in "Freddy vs Jason" was pretty terrible, he might beat Batman [face_skull]

3. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    In the dream world, Freddy has many advantages to be sure. But there are also disadvantages. First of all, Batman has conquered his fears. Especially regarding the death of his parents and his failures with his "family", thanks to his time in Nanda Parbat and with the Ten Eyed Monster. Without fear, Freddy cannot inflict pain on Bruce. Second, he has become a master of fear ranking up their with the Scarecrow. He's such that when Sinestro sent a ring to try and recruit Batman into his Sinestro Corps, it was because of his status as a master of fear. Dishing it out. So he knows how to dish out the fear and how to take it. Especially due to his encounters with the Scarecrow. Third, he's had experience with mind manipulation. He knows his own body to the point that he can tell when he is asleep and when he's awake. Not only that, but he will soon figure out that he can take stuff out of the dream realm. When that happens, he pulls Freddy out and wails on him. Then he either turns him over to the Spectre or takes him to Superman, so that Clark and put him in the Phantom Zone. Or leave him in Arkham.

4. Darth_Sparhawk

Darth_Sparhawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2007
    I was talking about reality. In old NOES movies Freddy was pretty useless in real world. In FvJ, though, be crushed Jason himself, and Jason is immortal bear, who can't be destroyed. He needed the help of the kids to survive the encounter with Krueger.
    If Freddy can do this to Jason, I think that Batman will be in trouble.

5. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Freddy only needed Jason in order to be feared. He did provide a fight against Jason, but Jason is just a killing machine with a modicam of intelligence. Batman is a genius compared to these two. He's a founding member of the JLA and one of the best fighters in the business. Batman can whup Freddy's butt six ways from Sunday.

6. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    Yeah I couldn't see either of those two beating Batman, but a Jason/Batman fight would be a fun read.

7. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    I'm sorry but freddy and jason both got there but's kicked by kids so I think the bat wouldn't have to hard of a time after all he is very cunning when it comes to stratgy and fighting.

8. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    Captain America.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/r8hitman/superheroes/442px-Captain.jpg]

He has too much skill and fighting experience for Batman.

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Except in JLA:Avengers they conceded they were mostly evenly matched, and it would take some time for Cap to win. :)

smh @ Batman fanboys; you don't remember when Spawn wiped the floor with Batman?

E_S

10. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    I would dismiss that on account that Spawn is horrible and one of the worst 90's things ever.

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Be that as it may, he still whooped Batman about like a plaything.

E_S

12. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Fair enough.

Which cross over are we talking about, the one with McFarlene and Miller or the other one?

13. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    In "Spawn/Batman: Red Scare", they both beat the hell outta each other. Batman considered Al as a lucky punk. After a call to Alfred, Batman attacked Al again this time armed with a device that Batman had obtained earlier. Which increased Batman's punching power and continued to beat on Al. Al also conceeded that Batman was able to make him vomit, which he had done at that point as a Hellspawn.

In "DC vs Marvel", "Batman & Captain America" and "JLA/Avengers" they admit that they are too even in the fighting department. They could fight forever and never have a true outcome. Only in "DC vs Marvel" was an outcome reached and that was through fan voting. Which favored Batman over Cap.

14. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    Spawn and Batman hardly seems like a fair fight.

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Only if Al cannot use his magic. I dunno if that limit is still in place anymore.

16. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Yeah Spawn against Batman is kinda unfair but at lest the bat could go toe to toe with him.

17. TORRyuken

TORRyuken Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2007
    What about Akuma, Ryu, or Ken from Street Fighter?

Their style was developed to kill, and Akuma has furthered it extremely and has killed Gill and Bison. Ryu is training hard as well and may soon be a match for him, but he focuses on less lethal techniques.

18. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I think we've mentioned Hyperion from supreme power in here at soem point. He owned Ultimate Thor, human tourch, and invisable woman at the same time.

19. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    The Justice Lords episode of JL was on Boomerang last night. It was interesting that Batman was unable to defeat himself in hand to hand combat, but was able to outsmart himself. :confused:

20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Batman has fought Lady Shiva, who is nearly as good as him and has no problem using lethal techniques in a fight. So someone like Akuma, who is tough with his lethal style, can be a challenge. But Batman can keep up with him.

As to his Justice Lords version, that's because he played upon the one emotional chord that will get to him everytime. His parents approval. Whether they would ever approve of his methods as Batman or not.

21. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    As long as Spawn made it in, I'd like to nominate the Spectre. He'd eat Spawn. :p

22. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Spectre is Gods divine vengeance. He doesn't count.

23. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Excellent, a chance to post my favourite Batman picture ever.
    [image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/1qb1.jpg]

24. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    What's that from?

And well, how? :p

25. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    No idea. I have a feeling it's a photochop.

But it's too funny not to use, and expresses everything that annoys me about Batman. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.