main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who cried when Anakin burst into flames?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by anibad, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    as much as i think he had it comming i just cant imagine him burning more, the guy was a barbeque after he burned

2. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Definitely

I felt bad for Anakin when he sat in the Council chamber, when he and Padme start looking out the windows - after he betrays Mace though, he does everything he can to lose my sympathy.

3. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    i agree.i really felt for anakin in the ruminations scene because he simply has no choice (from his POV letting go is not one) but after he cuts mace's hand....nah he just makes himself hateable

4. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    I didn't cry, but I did feel sorry for both Anakin and Obi-Wan. Much of it is Anakin's own doing, but its still an unfortunate situation for everyone involved.

5. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    yeah, we are all weaklings in the face of the mighty righteousness proposed here.
    why is allowing people to live rather than playing god and killing them considered half-arsed?
    ever heard of a funny thing called human rights?

6. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    vader didnt have the right to slay jedi babies but he did anyway,he definitely had his inmolation comming

7. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    yeah, immolation is something we all have coming. :rolleyes:

this smilie so fits in this debate!

how can he not slay the kids?

8. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    a child murderer deffinitely has it coming !! i cant belive that you think he was right to kill babies but him burning was wrong only because you like the guy too much to realise that he deserved what he got

9. grakogator

grakogator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2003
    I had chills when he burnt up but I felt a lump in my throat form when Obi delivered his outburst at his 'brother'.

The look of sheer pain on Obi's face as he slowly turns away really hits it home for me!

Obi Wan is gutted and everytime I watch that scene by god I feel gutted for him!

10. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    and i'm certainly not of the school to decide what people are supposed to deserve.
    he was justified in killing the little guys because he was told to do it and because they were believed to be a threat to the empire.
    it's called rationalizing.

i think you are familiar with it.

yes, i love this guy so much i will defend every action. why not?

11. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    to defend massive child murder is what they call *rubs beard* a battle already lost ? [face_thinking]

12. OnyxRose

OnyxRose Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2004
    Maybe I'm cold-blooded but the Younglings are not mere children anymore. They have been trained in the Force...they are well on their way to becoming deadly assasins. And besides...in 20 years, you don't think that numerous children have been killed by the hands of Vader, a character who has been lauded for his evilness? He didn't get that way by baking them all gingerbread cookies. I don't think most of y'all know what you want. If he had let them live, people would be saying that he wasn't very evil. I'm sorry but to be total evil, you don't care who you kill...sad to say. People are only upset because it was shown on screen.

13. AnnLouise

AnnLouise Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2005
    Anakin "played God" for a great many beings, could he :eek: be wrong to do so?

It's not self-righteousness to see that those who commit crimes are punished for them. I don't believe in the death penalty - allowing Anakin to live(which Obi-Wan did by leaving Ani's fate up to the Force) is NOT the same as allowing him to get off scott-free because of "human rights". Those rights do not include evading responsibility for a crime.

And the "following orders" justification didn't work at Nuremburg, and doesn't cut it in the GFFA. A soldier is not obligated to obey an unlawful order; if Anakin had thought for himself, instead of following another master's orders, he might have seen that. And when someone is attacking you with the business end of lightsaber, you have the right to "decide" life or death by defending your own, as Obi-Wan did.

Re-younglings as legitamate targets. They were not attacking Anakin, or threatening him. Rather, they were asking him for leadership, and he killed them. Defending the murder of children as justified(if Anakin does it) boggles the mind.

14. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    im not saying that the younglings scene shouldnt be there( i actually like it) but then he must be ready to pay the price...those eho say he didnt deserve what happened to him are plain and simple WRONG.

you kill children , you pay the price ; is that simple really,

Game/Set/Match

15. farrellg

Mar 17, 2005
    Not everyone who has committed atrocious acts of evil has paid the price. Some people manage to get away with it. In this sense, you could say that Anakin doesn't really deserve what happened to him. Other people have been just as evil as him, but didn't have to suffer the way he did.

16. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Agreed.

At one vewing, when Ani was about to catch on fire, i muttered "Burn." to Anakin.

I mean, this guy goes around killing Jedi and destroying the Republic and he thinks his wife Padme is gonna be happy about it? I don't think so.

17. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    name one who is not palpatine

18. farrellg

Mar 17, 2005
    name one who is not palpatine

You mean name a person who's as evil as Anakin and didn't suffer? In real life, murderers have been acquitted. In Star Wars, Governor Tarkin had a very quick death. None of the villains have suffered as much physical pain as Anakin did.

19. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    sorry farrellg but no one else comitted as much atrocities as anakin with his bare hands.

20. farrellg

Mar 17, 2005
    I don't think it matter is you commit atrocities with your bare hands, with a space station, or with your underlings. The Emperor is more evil than Vader even though he hasn't killed as many people with his bare hands. Tarkin blew up an entire planet, which seems just as evil as the things Anakin has done.

21. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    then can you explain why so much people hate anakin for all he did while the emperor and tarkin dont attract that much animosity ??

22. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    No joke. I mean, Hitler is responsible for 11 million deaths,
    but I don't think he killed anyone with his bare hands.

23. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    read above. why no on ehates the emperor or tarkin but a lot of people hate anakin then ?

24. farrellg

Mar 17, 2005
    then can you explain why so much people hate anakin for all he did while the emperor and tarkin dont attract that much animosity ??

I don't think there's any reason for people to hate Anakin more than the Emperor, or even Tarkin- if evil deeds are the reason they despise the character. The Emperor is clearly more evil than Anakin.

I thought you were one of the people who felt that killing younglings isn't any worse than what Vader did in the OT. Children may be innocent, but their lives aren't any more valuable than adults. Many people are very sensitive to the deaths of children, but Vader's actions aren't as despicable as the Emperor's.

25. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005

you could definitely say it in that sense, but just because others have gotten away with evil deeds such as mass muderer and weren't punished doesn't mean they don't deserve punishment. Hitler got away with a lot and got to choose his own death/ suicide, did he deserve punishment, oh yes he did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.