main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who cried when Anakin burst into flames?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by anibad, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnnLouise

AnnLouise Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2005
    I can just see this on the SW Dating Game show.
    "Ok, one the one hand, you're the best looking Jedi ever. That wavy blond hair, those blue eyes, the way you fill out your work outfit.[face_blush] But on the other hand, you're a genocidal nutjob. Such a hard choice. :*"
    jk, btw.

2. KrystinaSkywalker

KrystinaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    I didn't cry, almost, but not quite. It was really sad, and kind of awe-inspiring (wow, that's a little creepy) I mean,I'm practically watching the creation of Darth Vader!I mean reall, how long has the world been waiting for this? But that's a little off topic.
    It was a really heart breaking scene, you've got two men who used to be practically brothers who's lives have just been ripped to shreds, their entire families (jedi and Skywalkers) lost to them, and there's Anakin, the last shreds of his humanity on fire, while his brother watches. It still gives me the chills just thinking about it.

3. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    In the end, Anakin pays less than any of his loved ones
    for his sins.

why of course.

Well, that's sort of my whole basis for having neither
    sympathy nor empathy with him at that point.
    Anakin is without remorse for his actions,
    the innocent people around him paid
    a much higher price, thus I have nothing
    against what happens to him. It's really
    only a drop in the bucket...

I mean, geez, he turned the entire galaxy upon it's head,
    and subsequently brought it to it's knees.

Had to laugh at the SW dating game line...
    Visions of Chuck Woolery and the Sith Love Connection.

4. JediMasterGaraceDane

JediMasterGaraceDane Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Which jedi loving, good guy loving star wars fan wouldnt applaud the frying of Anakin on Mustafar. I mean he killed younglings and fellow jedi and helped kill the kick a** jedi, Mace Windu. I mean he DID deserve it right?

That is what I thought at first when I saw him get his limbs cut off and then burst into fire after the infamous monologue of Obi Wan, "You were the Chosen One". But soon I started to tear up...why you ask. I thought back to eps 1 in the words of Ani, "Your a jedi aren't you, NO ONE can kill a jedi." Then to eps 2, "Why do i feel your going to be the death of me. Dont say that master -and- Your going to pay for all of the jedi you've killed today Dooku." I just thought that and i just couldnt believe that Anakin even though I knew he was going to become Darth Vader could do such a thing. And that really got to me. Not because I felt sorry for him but because of what he was, WAS destroyed. No more Ani, no more Anakin the Chosen One, just a cyborg known as Darth Vader.

So yes I got teared up and cried a little because of these reasons.

5. TheCRZA

May 29, 2005
    Not destroyed, just on hiatus.

I never like the description of Anakin and Vader as two different people.

There was always a little of Vader in Anakin, ask the Tuskens.
    And there was always a little of Anakin in Vader, he doesn't allow
    Boba to shoot Chewie and Threepio and he is redeemed at the end.
    Anakin doesn't come out of nowhere... Luke senses good within in,
    not driven away fully.
    So to me, it's a matter of Anakin giving his life balance
    at the end of ROTJ. He brings the angels and demons into balance
    as he dies and is able to be redeemed because the message
    is that we all have our demons and angels.

6. JediMasterGaraceDane

JediMasterGaraceDane Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    now hold on there TheCRZA, I never said that anakin was totally destoryed. you see I was talking about the end of episode III. Anakin was destroyed at hte end of ROTS. Sure he has some remorse but he doesnt regain that remorse until he finds out that his offspring has survived Padmes death. Thus rekindling feelings long thought dead to him like : love, friendship ect. Anakin felt more whole again with luke being alive and with luke denying him the same way Padme did, it awakened something that the first time around didnt stir.

So in the end I beleive that Anakin did die at the end of ROTS. But as Anakin found out that Luke, his son,was alive, he was reborn in Vader and finally brought balance to the force by destorying the Emperor and saving his son from death.

7. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    i did. Obi-Wan just standed there like a freakin D*** saying "i loved you", when he could have pulled Anakin up a little farther at least.

RS77:[face_shame_on_you]

8. KrystinaSkywalker

KrystinaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    Well, he did go there to kill Anakin in the first place, then he obviously couldn't bring himself to do it and left Vader to his fate. It wasn't as if Vader was asking for his help, I seriously doubt he would have been very appreciative anyways.

9. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    Nope not me. Anakin was evil there. He deserves it. It was for the best. My blood is ice cold I would never cry even if he were my "brother"....well maybe I would. :_|

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Obi-wan loved Anakin like a brother. But his brother is dead. All that's left is Vader, his enemy.

11. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    yes, Anakin was gone Obi-wan could not help him, Anakin helped kill Mace by cutting of his hand and he just stood there watching Palpatine hurting Mace with force lighting, He killed jedi and jedi kids, Anakin was gone.

12. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    I didn't cry when Anakin burst into flames.

I was angry and disappointed that he allowed PalpSidious to sucker him into killing all of the Jedi....Knights, Padawans, and Younglings just because he was foolish to believe that the Dark Side can help him possess a holy grail-like power that can keep Padme alive after childbirth when he knows damn well that the person who filled his head with that BS is the same guy that was trying to kill Padme throughout the PT and has created the Clone Wars which Anakin himself had to put his life on the line to serve in.

Anakin deserved to fry for his lack of common sense, his lack of self-control, and for being deaf, dumb, and blind.

13. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    I didn't cry, but it was a very sad and powerful moment...one of the best scenes in the SW movies I would say. :)

14. haydenlover92

haydenlover92 Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2005
    I cried alot. I mean yeah it was his destiny, but he is too Hott to died in flames and stuff. I mean Hayden Christensen (ANIKIN) is one of my favorite actors and to see him dieing and deformed, it killed me!!!!!!!!!!!

15. R2_Did_Who

R2_Did_Who Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2005

I need Visene

16. ARC170pilot

ARC170pilot Jedi Master star 5

Sep 23, 2005
    I laughed, then I fainted

17. --Skywalker--

--Skywalker-- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    I didnt cry, but it was a greatly done scene

18. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Anakin should pay for being such a dumbass.

First its:

"Anakin the Jedi are plotting to overthrow the Senate. They want control of the Republic."
    "I don't believe..."

Soon after:

"When the Jedi discover what has transpired here they will kill us, along with all the senators."
    "I agree. The Jedis' next move will be against the Senate."

Come on.

Seriously though, Anakin did indeed deserve to suffer for all the horrible things he'd done. Now he's in Mace and the the Jedis' position while burning up.

19. Kia-Ruse

Kia-Ruse Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    I didn't cry, I bawled my eyes out!

Not for the burning of Vader, but for Anakin, for the person he once was, all of it, everything! I have since watched Sith more times than I have the courage to recount and have cried at different points, which is interesting.

First viewing : Vader's burning.
    Second : Padme's 'There is still good in him' and Vader's 'rising'
    Third : The funeral and shot of the jappor snippet, and THAT music!

SUCH a powerful film and I stand by my opinion as the most emotionally affecting of the entire saga!

20. The_Chibi_Kiriyama

The_Chibi_Kiriyama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    I don't mean to change the nature of the conversation too drastically, but on a side note- did anyone have to rewatch the movie to realize that she was holding the jappor snippet in the coffin? A few of my friends had to; I figure most people over here easily saw some of the harder film details through the first run.

On topic, this final portion of the film really seems to move people more than the first two films. The first one was all about minor continuity annoyances, and the second was dealing with the developing storyline. But whereas those two are of more professional standings, when people talk about the final portion of ROTS there is a more visceral reaction that promotes feeling and how one felt about the conclusion. Ask a person on the street who saw it about the hamburger-Annie scene and they talk more about how bad they felt or how strongly they felt he deserved it than the impact of the moment on the saga. But maybe that's just because they're not as connected to the series. I think fans have a stronger reaction to this than even the OT moments. Just an observation.

21. TheCRZA

May 29, 2005
    now hold on there TheCRZA, I never said that anakin was totally destoryed

You said:

And that really got to me. Not because I felt sorry for him but because of what he was, WAS destroyed. No more Ani, no more Anakin the Chosen One, just a cyborg known as Darth Vader.

For something to be destroyed sort of means totally.
    It's an oxymoron to say totally destroyed, like very unique.

Anakin was the chosen one, that never changed.
    He just wasn't the chosen one the way they tried to make him to be.

He only received a new name, he remained the same person.
    There was always aspects of both before and after the suit.

22. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    He deserved it, so no I didn't cry.

23. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    Who cried when Anakin burst into flames?

I think Anakin did. :p i did'nt cry, but it was sad to see where Anakin's pride left him.

24. AnnLouise

AnnLouise Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2005
    Not once his tear ducts burned up. :oops:
    When I first saw this scene, it was a reaction of sadness/lost chances, etc. Watching ROTS again last week, my reaction was "Hope it hurts, *$$hole." Now I see all the chances Anakin had to change his course of action, how willingly blind he was, the urge to cry forhim has greatly diminished.

25. Bend_Ovi_Kenobi

Bend_Ovi_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2006
    Are you serious?

This must be the topic for sissies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.