main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who cried when Anakin burst into flames?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by anibad, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    I cried. I cried because despite all that Anakin had done, he was a victim. He was used and manipulated by both Palpatine and the Jedi. It seems pretty obvious that Darth Plagius created Anakin, so he was a victim from the very beginning. It disgusted me the way that the Jedi and Palpatine were each trying to gain control of him. What Anakin/Vader did was inexcusable, but if you are looking for someone to blame then blame Palpatine and the Jedi.

2. Kirk_Kanos

Kirk_Kanos Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2006
    I can not believe that anyone would actually have cried at this, not without being an emotional wreck all ready, Surely Padme's passing was much more upsetting to you people then this, After all wasn't she the real innocent, all she done was trive for peace and want a happy family life with Anakin and her babies.

3. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    She tried to manipulate Anakin as well. Asking him to talk to Palpatine about stopping the war. He was right to tell her to make that request in the Senate. I see it almost a someone becoming a celebrity, when you are nobody no one want's anything from you. But when you are famous or have power like Anakin, everyone is your friend and want's something from you.

4. Kirk_Kanos

Kirk_Kanos Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2006
    Was she not a Queen, is that not fame enough, Anyway thats off topic, I was merely saying I would have more sympaty towards her death scene to that of Anakin bursting into flames

5. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    I agree with you there... I feel the only ones who were truly innocent were Luke and Leia.

6. Kia-Ruse

Kia-Ruse Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Padme's passing WAS more upsetting but, correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Vader lose his limbs and 'the duel' BEFORE Padme dies?!

It's for everything Anakin 'was' and everything he 'represented' that I cried, that and two friends, two BROTHERS, fighting to the death that upsets me, nothing more! It's heartbreaking, and after at least 20 viewings, IT'S STILL UPSETTING!

7. The_Chibi_Kiriyama

The_Chibi_Kiriyama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    Why sympathy? George, in my eyes, succeeded a little more than intended in villifying Anakin. Most of the other characters (interesting additions to the plot in themselves) were shunned in plot development to make room for Anakin, who wasted most of his screen time complaining about his Jedi ranking and how perfect he would make the world.

I mean this next comment with no racial undertone, just as a valid example of how odd Lucas' vision for The Chosen One was: many comedians make fun of the fact that he goes from a powerful man in black with a high-ranking status to a pathetic old and pale man who quickly dies. So George rectifies this by showing Anakin to be... a Force-powerful crybaby with a lightsaber who needlessly performs gratuitous acts of violence to help the same loved ones he eventually killed in his rise for power. Again, remembering all of this after watching the 'nice and crispy' part doesn't bat an eye or make me cringe. There are only a few people who have ever deserved that fate in real life. Lucas gave too much into making Anakin one of those people.

8. Ani_Lover

Ani_Lover Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2005
    I completely agree. I cried my eyes out when Anakin burned, and I still cry, every time I watch it, for a lot of reasons. It broke my heart for what Obi-Wan had to do. They were brothers. Their friendship was so unique and special. It broke my heart for Padme, and for the babies. I cried for the good part of Anakin that was left, for the Jedi he COULD have been and SHOULD have been. He should have been able to live a loving, fullfilled life with his wife and kids. Instead he was doomed to live the rest of his life in that suit. To me that was sadder than Padme's death, which to me was not only the death of HER obviously, but the death of everything that was left of Anakin. (I cried my eyes out during that also) He was deceived by a lie, told to him by the devil himself...

9. Kia-Ruse

Feb 4, 2003
    Yep, totally, though if he had remained a Jedi, he would have been unable to have a wife and kids.

10. THEFORCEROCKS

THEFORCEROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    Yep, totally, though if he had remained a Jedi, he would have been unable to have a wife and kids.

And why do you say that?

11. Darth_Froschler

Darth_Froschler Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2004
    guys, guys, guys. You have it all wrong. Anakin didn't get started on fire. He was just really angry that he tried a stupid move on Obi-wan and paid for it. He was SO angry, that he performed a new force power and turned on fire!!!!

I wasn't crying, i was in aw.....

12. Kia-Ruse

Feb 4, 2003
    Well Jedi aren't allowed to raise families of their own are they?! Loved ones would be a pull on their loyalty and attachment with should be to the Jedi Order unquestionably!

Are there, or have there ever been, any Jedi who had/have family of their own? A lover with children?

If Anakin had wanted to make public him, Padme and the pregnancy, he'd have been kicked out of the order right?!

13. AnnLouise

AnnLouise Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2005
    And Anakin was a total victim in all of this? Free will's a kick in the pants, even in the SW universe. Every attempt to try and "understand" why Anakin made the choices he did, to portray everyone else but Anakin being to blame ends up lessening his own responsibility, making everyone else but him culpable. Portraying Anakin as a total patsy also makes him less the complex villain of the SW films and more just the Emperors mindless thug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.