main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who cried when Anakin burst into flames?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by anibad, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Argyle

Darth_Argyle Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2005
    I didn't cry when Anakin burned, but I was genuinely shocked and upset. At that point, actually from the time he's called Lord Vader by Palpatine, I saw him as mentally ill. His thoughts were delusional and he wasn't himself. That's just how I saw it.

2. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    I almost cried but not for anakin, for poor obiwon. I felt horrible for him...But I do not shed a tear for anakin... Once he killed the Younglings, we were through... nothing is worse then killing younglings...

3. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    Are you sure?

How about manipulating people and events to cause the deaths of thousands, even millions of innocents?

4. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    How about blowing up Alderaan?

5. masterluke9

masterluke9 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    ya laughed my ass off at that burning. The people next to me looked pissed at me.

6. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    I wasn't busting out laughing, but I thought it was funny. I was crying at parts in Order 66, and in Padme's funurel.

For one, well all knew in the back of our minds that Anakin gets busted up somehow... and when they are having a lightsaber fight over lava... you know the lava is there for a reason...

7. ObiWanIsTheOne

ObiWanIsTheOne Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    I cried for joy. I hate Anakin with a passion. He made a mistake trying to fight the greatest Jedi Master.

8. lrdmonarch

lrdmonarch Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2001
    Wow, I can really feel the compassion in the room. :D

9. Leias_love_slave

Oct 26, 2003
    They say that inappropriate laughing is a sign of mental illness.

Maybe those people were just afraid of you.;)

10. masterluke9

masterluke9 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    lol maybe i do have a problem

11. Mandalore_X

Mandalore_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    If you though your wife had brought your best friend to kill you.You would probably lash out to.Not to mention Anakin thought all his friends betrayed him first.

12. Antrojedi

Antrojedi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    That was the only scene that many around me in the cinema found amusing but to me it was a bit out of place because it intercutted with the dramatic opening scene of the Anakin/Obi-Wan dual. The momentum was kinda lost.

13. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    It did kind of break it up, but I thought it was nice. At least in my thearthere, once Order 66 was going on, the whole room was just like, jaw-dropped OMG!!!-ed. Then, when Yoda took out the clones, and the Guards, both times the thearthere was just like, YAY!!!!! So, I thought it was nice.

14. The_Chibi_Kiriyama

The_Chibi_Kiriyama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    I probably would have seen it as mildly ironic had I not been so close to the darn screen! God. I saw every ripple of skin so close I could probably tell you how many pores Christensen has on his face. Great seat for the fight scenes but I got a little disturbed by the Screaming Scenes...

I.e.:
    Anakin (putting in prosthetics): Ahhh!
    Padme (giving birth): AHHH! (panting)...AHHHHH !
    {Repeat this MANY, MANY times}

Yeah.
    So...anyways...I wasn't GLAD that Anakin got burned but seeing that horrible scene with the Padawans and his total lack of remorse as he's talking to Padme deadset me against his side of things. And the infamously poor shouting on Vader's part was really Jones' fault- Hayden (for once) seemed to have nailed the physical portion right.

Oh, and BTW? I totally thought the words out of Palpatine's mouth when he found him would be-

Palpatine (licking and smacking lips): Mmm...deep fried! Clone Trooper!! Where's my BBQ sauce?!

15. SrWilson

SrWilson Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    I didn't think anything apart from one thing - PWNED!!!!

16. JediLaura01

JediLaura01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2001
    I didn't cry, but I certainly didn't laugh. I felt mostly shocked and saddened by the whole situation. No one in the audience was laughing either, most people just had their eyes glued to the screen.

17. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    At the actual moment Anakin burst into flames?

I admit I sorta felt bad for him there. I mean, the guy just forced himself to kill little kids, went wacko on his wife, got pwned by his master - losing his limbs and taking a blow to his ego - all in the same day. Laying there in agony I'm sure he figured things couldn't get much worse. And then he catches on fire. I felt some pity for him at that moment.

But I didn't cry.

18. km12

km12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    It's hard to answer this question because.....by this point I was already crying!:_| i basically started crying with the force choke.....and pretty much blubbered my way through the rest of the movie![face_blush]

19. The_Chibi_Kiriyama

Nov 9, 2005
    Forced himself? When does the film highlight that? He was more preoccupied with his delusions of grandeur when he talks to Padme on Mustafar than the obvious fact he only just finished slicing through innocent younglings with his lightsaber. Mind telling me at what point Palpatine forced him to ignite his lightsaber and slaughter little children? He could have easily told the Clone Troopers to search a different place while he let them leave. Instead he left a bloodbath out of kids who had trusted him to offer protection. That's not good parenting, forced action or opposed at all- that's inhumane. Which is why I would have seen his Cajun jacuzzi bit as mildly ironic had the aforementioned seat arrangement been avoided.

20. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    The_Chibi_Kiriyama: Forced himself?...

I'm confused, are you addressing my post? If you are here's my clarification, cuz, yeah, maybe the wording was a bit sucky:

By my "the guy just forced himself to kill little kids" line I was implying that I doubt Anakin took pleasure in doing so - attacking the Temple wasn't fun to him - it was price Palps told him to pay to save Padme. My overall point of view of Anakin right after he got sliced up by Obiwan was that he had just had a pretty stressful day [even if he wasn't yet regretting some of the atrocious stuff he'd done] - and after all that, catching on fire was one more thing on his plate.

It's like a bad day that, just when you think it can't get any worse, it does. So on that level I sorta sympathized with Anakin. [face_peace]

21. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    I remember when I saw it in the theatres the first few times that is was real....shocking, well maybe that's not the right word but close to it. I always sit in the middle of the theatre at the halfway point....so I could see some of the Audience reactions. I remember two things...couples looking at each other when Anakin lit his lightsabre to take out the younglings... and when he caught ablaze. I think seeing how he became the scarred man we saw in Empire and Jedi really affected some people..It was kinda graphic and unexpected for a SW movie. It was a great scene though. Anything else and George would have cheated his audience.

22. Leias_love_slave

Oct 26, 2003
    Yup. I'd say he forced himself.

Did he look like he enjoyed killing the younglings? He was doing "what must be done" - destroying the Jedi in the temple. All of them.

Palpatine didn't force him. Palpatine just told him that the Jedi would come for them, and they had to strike first...

...so he forced himself to carry out the destruction of the Jedi.

23. The_Chibi_Kiriyama

Nov 9, 2005
    Ah, I see. So just because the younglings were Jedi initiated means that that HAD to be killed. Palpatine would have absolutely knew that Anakin killed all the Jedi when trying to search the Gideon's Knot that was Anakin's emotions. Definitely.

My friends, that seems a little faulty. True, he looks dismayed. But if he was dismayed he should have restricted it to the justified such as Yoda and Obi-Wan. The younglings never wronged him and killing them was avoidable. Just my two cents.

24. Darth_Mongoulus

Darth_Mongoulus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2005
    (sorry, double post)

25. Darth_Mongoulus

Darth_Mongoulus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2005
    Palpatine told Anakin that only after clensing the Temple would he be strong enough in the darkside to save Padme. Ordering the deaths of children is less evil than killing them yourself. Anakin killed the younglings because it pklunged him deeper into the darkside, and, in Misguided (to say the least) point of view, closer to saving Padme.

Btw, I didn't exactly cry when Anakin got burned, but my eyes did get misty. I was scared and sad throughout the whole duel, in fact. It just gave me a sence of wrongness that I couldn't shake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.